Author Topic: Bter now accepts BTSX deposits/withdraw and trading  (Read 50753 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113238/chat-logs-allegedly-show-bter-creating-and-pumping-its-own-coin

Is there an official statement from BTER  about this case ?
That's why we should not store even a Shatoshi/Larimer on centralized exchanges !!!
BUT because that will never happen from the majority of users, it is better to try to "cooperate" with more exchanges* so we can be more confident that not TO MUCH of BTS are ONLY on ONE (or 2) exchanges !!!

* and better we advertise better our decentralized exchange !!! (hope we can soon deposit & withdraw FIAT from our wallets!)

Offline mint chocolate chip

BTER, Your take interest page is still showing BTSX, needs to be changed to BTS. I am not sure if daily interest is being accrued, maybe as a result of the name being wrong?

Offline Riverhead

Not normal. Did you include the memo?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:01:57 pm by Riverhead »

Offline zonda

• View Profile
Is it normal that it takes over an hour to deposit BTSX in Bter?

Offline mint chocolate chip

One thing I discovered recently was the Interest BTER gives you each day, if you go and accept it by clicking. Free BTSX, that is pretty cool.

Offline svk

Seems my problem was on my end rather than on Bter's, I've now received all transactions that I made after moving my wallet over to windows and the newest version. So far so good.

That 1% fee is insane though!! I notice bitUSD or bitCNY have 0% fees but I don't think I can move all my BTSX through them atm. Anyone know if Bter is planning on reducing that fee anytime soon?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

Did anyone succesfully withdraw BTSX from bter recently? I've tried three times, each time with small transactions (<10 BTSX), but have not received any of them. The transactions do show up in the block explorer however, just not in my wallet. Tried two different accounts too, starting to wonder if they sent them to the wrong account..

Is it possible to get English support directly through their site?

Two weeks ago I had an issue with bter concerning a BTC deposit not showing up several hours after sending it. However posting a support ticket in English solved the problem:
http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
(even though they never explained what the issue was - they replied "issue solved" and the missing btc showed up)

I'll try that, thanks!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I withdrew btsx worth 3k$ today .. flawlessly

jakub

Did anyone succesfully withdraw BTSX from bter recently? I've tried three times, each time with small transactions (<10 BTSX), but have not received any of them. The transactions do show up in the block explorer however, just not in my wallet. Tried two different accounts too, starting to wonder if they sent them to the wrong account..

Two weeks ago I had an issue with bter concerning a BTC deposit not showing up several hours after sending it. However posting a support ticket in English solved the problem:
http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
(even though they never explained what the issue was - they replied "issue solved" and the missing btc showed up)

Offline svk

Offline jamesc

There is a 1% bonus for depositing.  It works out to be a little less when you go full circle.  I know it is not ideal, but at least one can hold the coins until something needs to be done with them.  This assumes advance notice will be given before bter's removal of the bonus/withdraw fee.  I have not confirmed this.  @luckbit, can you say anything about the permanency of the 1% deposit/withdraw or will advance notice be given should this change?

Offline yoshiwatusi

• View Profile
I too can't stand the 1% withdrawal fee...it feels like I'm being coerced to keep my BTSX on their exchange instead of my wallet, or I'll have to pay up to keep my coins safe in my possession. But the risks of staying on an exchange nowadays are just too great, so I just had to pay the fee. In the future if I decide to cash out, it will probably be into BitUSD through the wallet, so I have effectively lost 1% of my coins.

Very uncool.

yup.. thinking of trading on other exchanges like bittrex.. 1% is really expensive!!!

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
So I withdrew some doge from BTER, I don't know how long it usually takes before the coins arrive in your wallet but it seems 1 hour is long enough. Then I tried to withdraw the rest of my doge.. Now it says that dogecoin withdrawals are disabled. 

You guys have any experiences like this one with BTER?  I am getting worried, especially after the 50m NXT hacking incident. 

Offline svk

I made a small withdrawal of 8 BTSX from BTER last night but I still can't see it credited on my account.

The payment appears to be processed and I have a transaction number from them.

Should I contact them or this is a known problem?

Is there a BTSX explorer I can check the transaction ID number like in bitcoinblockchain?

Your post just made me realize I'd forgotten to include "search by transaction id" in my block explorer, thank you! :)

I've just added it and uploaded the changes.

If what BTER lists in their transaction history corresponds to the actual transaction id registered on the block chain you'll now be able to find the block by searching for the transaction id here:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/#/blocks

Offline bytemaster

Agreed 1% is excessive.   I took the hit anyways and it was painful.  After the NXT fiasco, it didn't feel safe with large amounts of btsx on bter.

BitUSD withdraw fee on Bter is 0%... just sayin :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.