Author Topic: Bter now accepts BTSX deposits/withdraw and trading  (Read 50713 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Is anyone else having their withdraw transactions cancelled with the error message "cancelled:BTSX account is not registered or memo is too long"? I didn't add a memo and my account is registered (same name as forum handle). It is especially odd because I was able to successfully send BTSX to my wallet yesterday. I've already submitted a ticket about this on BTER.

Did you use the account name rather than the alphanumeric for withdrawal address? I had my withdrawal cancelled twice because I used the alphanumeric. Switched to the account name and it was fine.

Yes. I am putting in "arhag" (without the quotes) into the BTSX Registered account field and its cancelling the transaction with that error message.

I have the very same problem with a 5000 BTSX transaction (2014-07-24 19:02:17) from BTER to my account. I used the account name, no luck so far. BTER lists the transaction without error message, so I must have filled the withdrawal form the right way.

If your transaction is not cancelled with an error message then I think it's a different problem than mine. It seems others are also having that delay issue with withdrawals. Hopefully BTER can address all of these issues soon.

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
Is anyone else having their withdraw transactions cancelled with the error message "cancelled:BTSX account is not registered or memo is too long"? I didn't add a memo and my account is registered (same name as forum handle). It is especially odd because I was able to successfully send BTSX to my wallet yesterday. I've already submitted a ticket about this on BTER.

Did you use the account name rather than the alphanumeric for withdrawal address? I had my withdrawal cancelled twice because I used the alphanumeric. Switched to the account name and it was fine.

I have the very same problem with a 5000 BTSX transaction (2014-07-24 19:02:17) from BTER to my account. I used the account name, no luck so far. BTER lists the transaction without error message, so I must have filled the withdrawal form the right way.

edit: Ticket submitted as well.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:03:09 pm by brainbug »

Offline onceuponatime

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Offline Riverhead

It is far better to have a separate wallet for your delegate.. you can import the private key into multiple wallets and just keep block production disabled on one of them.

I keep them completely separate mostly because the wallet has to be unlocked to produce blocks and a delegate is a fairly visible target.

Offline bytemaster

If you are sending it to the wallet which houses your delegate, wait till you just produced a block(so you have less chance.of missing the next).
Then turn off block production
rescan blockchain
turn block production back on.

I have had to do the after.every send or receive so far. Turning blocks off, rescan blockchain and turn back on takes less than 10 seconds.  So you shouldn't miss a block.

This is if you are sending to a delegate wallet I think.

It is far better to have a separate wallet for your delegate.. you can import the private key into multiple wallets and just keep block production disabled on one of them.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

I submitted a ticket too.  Perhaps the number of tickets will move it up the priority queue.

Ggozzo

If you are sending it to the wallet which houses your delegate, wait till you just produced a block(so you have less chance.of missing the next).
Then turn off block production
rescan blockchain
turn block production back on.

I have had to do the after.every send or receive so far. Turning blocks off, rescan blockchain and turn back on takes less than 10 seconds.  So you shouldn't miss a block.

This is if you are sending to a delegate wallet I think.

Offline Riverhead

Offline GaltReport

I submitted a ticket for what it's worth.  So far no response.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I would hate to hear there were insufficient funds because I have a lot more to withdraw!

+5%

Offline Yuzu

• View Profile
what do your withdrawal records say about the transaction? i keep getting "insufficient funds (31005)", which means whatever account they are trying to send from does not have enough btsx. this is understandable since they recently upped the limit. but i'm pretty sure they are doing something wrong right now.

Mine just gives the transaction id and the time the transaction went through.  I withdrew 45000 and I would hate to hear there were insufficient funds because I have a lot more to withdraw!

clout

what do your withdrawal records say about the transaction? i keep getting "insufficient funds (31005)", which means whatever account they are trying to send from does not have enough btsx. this is understandable since they recently upped the limit. but i'm pretty sure they are doing something wrong right now.

Offline Riverhead

Mine is missing too.  I guess it's a matter of patience since they upped the limit.  I think I'll submit a support ticket as well, though I don't want to flood them with tickets.  They've always been reliable in the past.

Ditto.  I'm going to wait a bit longer.  I have confidence BTER will make things right.

Offline Yuzu

• View Profile
Mine is missing too.  I guess it's a matter of patience since they upped the limit.  I think I'll submit a support ticket as well, though I don't want to flood them with tickets.  They've always been reliable in the past.