Author Topic: Block Explorer and Delegates Listing  (Read 48221 times)

Offline svk

on personal delegate pages the client versions field are on red squares saying:  "to old" even if they are running on the latest client version. pls fix  ;)

Looks fine from my computer at work, can you try again pls?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

I just saw the latency updated on the Delegate page. IMO this should be removed, as perhaps it unfairly shows Chinese/ROW (rest of world) delegates as having high latencies. Latency will vary depending on where your server is setup.

To be more fair, you could setup servers on opposite sides of the world and use the lowest latency figures provided from both servers, but this may be unrealistic I don't know.

Good work with everything else though, the website is coming along nicely. :)

I actually agree with this, and it's one of the reasons it took me so long to get around to adding latencies. What we're really seeing is the latency compared to my server, and as it's in New York some of the Chinese delegates end up looking bad. I'm not quite sure how to deal with it, will have to think about it, setting up a separate server in Asia might be a solution.

There are Chinese delegates with good latencies too though, but I'm not sure where their servers are. I think I'll change the colorcoding, I'll make negative latencies red but keep anything <2s green or something like that, at least for now.

It's interesting information though so I'll keep it up for now, this one for example has consistent negative latencies, probably meaning it's clock is too fast:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates/delegate?name=bitsharesx-delegate

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
on personal delegate pages the client versions field are on red squares saying:  "to old" even if they are running on the latest client version. pls fix  ;)

Offline amencon

• View Profile
I just saw the latency updated on the Delegate page. IMO this should be removed, as perhaps it unfairly shows Chinese/ROW (rest of world) delegates as having high latencies. Latency will vary depending on where your server is setup.

To be more fair, you could setup servers on opposite sides of the world and use the lowest latency figures provided from both servers, but this may be unrealistic I don't know.

I think rather than remove we should figure out what figure of latency is acceptable and flag green everything below that mark.  I made people miss blocks when my latency was -17 seconds so I'd assume anything over that should definitely be red.  Not sure how big the number has to be to mess up block production for the guy before or after you though.

Edit: Forgot to say thank you for continuing to work on and improve the site.  It's a great asset to have as a delegate and I check it all the time, thanks!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:13:53 pm by amencon »

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline svk

Not sure if anyone's requested this already but we need the daily volume for each asset as well.

Thanks for all your hard work. You're providing a really great service to the community.
Added that this morning, it's in the assets overview table, only in USD atm but I'll enable some other units later.

Edit: oh and thanks :)

clout

Not sure if anyone's requested this already but we need the daily volume for each asset as well.

Thanks for all your hard work. You're providing a really great service to the community.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
It looks like the front page dashboard view of the last 10 blocks is lagging a couple days behind.  Not a big deal since the blocks page appears to be accurate but thought you might want to know.
Works fine for me, might be a cache issue if you've left it open for a long time, try refreshing the page.

@bitcoinerS I might do that at least with btc, USD and cny, but I tried briefly and didn't like the way it looked, will see if I can get it right then push it.
Odd looking at the page now without any refreshes it is current.  When it was behind before I refreshed it multiple times.  Oh well probably just on my end then.  Thanks.

Offline svk

It looks like the front page dashboard view of the last 10 blocks is lagging a couple days behind.  Not a big deal since the blocks page appears to be accurate but thought you might want to know.
Works fine for me, might be a cache issue if you've left it open for a long time, try refreshing the page.

@bitcoinerS I might do that at least with btc, USD and cny, but I tried briefly and didn't like the way it looked, will see if I can get it right then push it.

Offline amencon

• View Profile

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
It would be great to be able to see, not only BitAssets price history, but also price history of the corresponding real Assets and history of price correlation in the same chart.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline svk

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
What about making the squares "orange" if we have 25-50 valid feeds?

on http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets

Offline svk

Could you implement the future to have the option to vote for delegates on the delegate page and/or on each individual delegate page with links added for that purpose?
I added this a couple days ago, I'm not really that happy with how it looks but at least it's there for now.

It's very nice! Could you implement it on http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates 
page also , for example on end of the row for each delegate next to the version column ?

I feel like that table is already a bit overloaded but I'll make some internal tests and see how it looks.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Could you implement the future to have the option to vote for delegates on the delegate page and/or on each individual delegate page with links added for that purpose?
I added this a couple days ago, I'm not really that happy with how it looks but at least it's there for now.

It's very nice! Could you implement it on http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates 
page also , for example on end of the row for each delegate next to the version column ?