Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 251436 times)

jakub

I've been reading our documentation but couldn't find an answer to this question:
When I issue a UIA as shares in my company, is there a way to enable the shareholders to vote on the company's issues using the UIA?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:45:13 pm by jakub »

Offline OMALLEY

• View Profile
it's not easy, yet it's not too hard either.. somethings in life do require a little effort, even if that means just using your own brain

Offline Nattylitecoin

• View Profile
Would you not want to use the online wallet?

I'd certainly feel more comfortable if I could just execute a file in the 2.15.286.tar.gz downloads and have a wallet. I wish to protect my BTS and explore.  Why is this so difficult?

It's more difficult than posting a message on this forum, in which I need to reference La Place every time I want to edit my post.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:37:30 pm by Nattylitecoin »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The wallet is NOT stored on the server, you cannot be compromised when the server gets hacked. You should delete the keys in the browser local storage though, when you do not intend to use this web wallet again.

EDIT: Only when the server publishes malicious code, and you continue to use this web wallet, you're in danger.

that's my point ... if the hosted server get compromised then we are in danger... As I understand  it only if we login after the compromise.... (if we don't login anymore after the compromise we are safe)
Theoretical could the owners of openledger.info collect all private keys right now and use them in future when our market cap is big enough?(assuming it is "compromise" from the beginning? :-X) Using openledger and their hosted wallet means we 100% trust the openledger owners? Right?

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
The wallet is NOT stored on the server, you cannot be compromised when the server gets hacked. You should delete the keys in the browser local storage though, when you do not intend to use this web wallet again.

EDIT: Only when the server publishes malicious code, and you continue to use this web wallet, you're in danger.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I someone has already imported his bts1 private keys to the hosted bts2.0 openledger web-wallet and he decides to import them to a desktop full node or desktop light-client, how can he delete his private-keys  on the hosted wallet so he can be sure he is not in danger of a future server compromise? Deleting the wallet is enough?

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Hi, I recently downloaded 2.0 directory in for Linux and having problems launching it, I want to get my coins off the exchange for these moments, may I please get some love or link for bts set up for dummies. Pm if more appropriate. TIA.

Anyone?
Would you not want to use the online wallet?

Offline Nattylitecoin

• View Profile
Hi, I recently downloaded 2.0 directory in for Linux and having problems launching it, I want to get my coins off the exchange for these moments, may I please get some love or link for bts set up for dummies. Pm if more appropriate. TIA.

Anyone?

jakub

Are there any YouTube tutorials for bts 101?
These are the only BitShares video tutorials I am aware of:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtICzF0ZEhhgoMA8YWhULw/videos
But all of them were made before BTS 2.0 was available so some of the information is probably be outdated.
There might be other videos but I haven't heard of any video tutorial targeted for the 2.0 version specifically.
I guess it's so new nobody had time to do it.

Offline Nattylitecoin

• View Profile
Are there any YouTube tutorials for bts 101?

jakub

How do I import my keys from my AGS donations into Openledger? Doesn't seem to work for me. What's the best way to do this?
I guess you need to do it in two steps: first you need to import your AGS keys into the 0.9.3c GUI and then export the keys from there and import them to the 2.0 GUI as it's described here:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/index.html
But I've never done it this way, so this is only me guessing.

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
How do I import my keys from my AGS donations into Openledger? Doesn't seem to work for me. What's the best way to do this?

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Click the "Lock wallet" button at the top. Then you're a in view-only mode and can just view things. You can close your browser window then.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
How does one 'log out' of the OpenLedger online wallet

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile