Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 253321 times)

jakub

I think the migration process is now finished after @jcalfee1 integrated a bloom filter into GUI, which has been released in November.
Has the migration problem been completely solved yet, as @abit says?
Where was it announced? I must have missed it.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Hi there,

I have been trying to get 0.9.3c up and running (using windows).
Been trying for over a day now and have the following error: "Severe network problems | Not connected"

Any suggestions? thanks.
That error will NOT disappear simply because the network has been taken down :)
If you see your funds, you are good to go and can make a proper backup as discribed in the migration guide.
Do you see all your funds?
Thanks Xeroc!
You are a life saver!
Got it all sorted now.

I was really starting to worry that I may have to try and explain to the gf that I lots my christmas present savings on the blockchain

jakub

Make a full wallet backup right away and store it somewhere safe TOGETHER with the passphrase ..

First, I had a the older wallet and got the password and passphrase down on paper. Does the passphrase change when upgraded to 2.0? Or is there another passphrase generated?

Thanks
The passphrase does not change. It's the same.
I do use different passphrases for 0.9 and 2.0.
I'll be more specific:
To create a new wallet under 2.0 you can use any passphrase you like. But during the process of importing 0.9 funds into 2.0 you'll need to use the 0.9 passphrase.
So the whole process goes like this:
(1) First you create a new wallet in 2.0 and create any passphrase you like.
(2) Then you do the import of 0.9 funds and for that you'll need to use the 0.9 passphrase.
(3) After a successful import the 0.9 passphrase is not needed any more. From now on, the only passphrase needed is the one you created in (1)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Make a full wallet backup right away and store it somewhere safe TOGETHER with the passphrase ..

First, I had a the older wallet and got the password and passphrase down on paper. Does the passphrase change when upgraded to 2.0? Or is there another passphrase generated?

Thanks
I do use different passphrases for 0.9 and 2.0.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

jakub

Thanks

Offline Ray

• View Profile

Thanks

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
So just this little item remains a mystery for me:
"Price per KByte Transaction Size" - when does it apply?
http://cryptofresh.com/fees

For example if you transfer or issue some assets with memo it will apply. Imho it's rather annoying, since most transfers are with memos, as a result fees are always different and fractional. We'd better set a "free" memo size which charges no extra per KBytes fee.

jakub

So just this little item remains a mystery for me:
"Price per KByte Transaction Size" - when does it apply?

jakub

(2) Is it true that 100% of the transfer fees on UIAs (and private MPAs) belong the issuer? (as they show as Unclaimed Issuer Income in the GUI)
No when fees are paid in UIA, some BTS (amount is defined by the fee schedule) are deducted from fee pool and paid to the network/referral program, and UIA paid to the issuer.
OK, that makes sense.

This is actually what I originally thought but the unfinished GUI support caused my confusion - the fee pool amounts shown on an asset's details page are presented in a raw format.
This should be fixed ASAP, I've posted this on github:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/618

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
I have a couple of questions regarding transfer fees for UIAs (and private MPAs):

(1) A newly created UIA has 2.5k BTS in its fee pool. I know I can easily add funds to the fee pool but who funded the initial 2.5k BTS?
Half of the creation fee.

(2) Is it true that 100% of the transfer fees on UIAs (and private MPAs) belong the issuer? (as they show as Unclaimed Issuer Income in the GUI)
No when fees are paid in UIA, some BTS (amount is defined by the fee schedule) are deducted from fee pool and paid to the network/referral program, and UIA paid to the issuer. Except the % market fee (by now) which goes to the issuer directly.
(3) If (2) is true, does it mean that:
(a) the BitShares network alows to transfer UIAs (and private MPAs) back and forth between BitShares accounts without getting any revenue for this service?
(b) transfer fees for UIAs (and private MPAs) are exempt from the referral program?
(c) the issuer of UIA (and private MPA) can set the transfer fee on their asset to any arbitrary level (or even zero) by adjusting the Core Exchange Rate?

(4) What is the meaning of "Price per KByte Transaction Size" listed in /explorer/fees?

jakub

I have a couple of questions regarding transfer fees for UIAs (and private MPAs):

(1) A newly created UIA has 2.5k BTS in its fee pool. I know I can easily add funds to the fee pool but who funded the initial 2.5k BTS?

(3) If (2) is true, does it mean that:
(a) the BitShares network alows to transfer UIAs (and private MPAs) back and forth between BitShares accounts without getting any revenue for this service?
(b) transfer fees for UIAs (and private MPAs) are exempt from the referral program?
(c) the issuer of UIA (and private MPA) can set the transfer fee on their asset to any arbitrary level (or even zero) by adjusting the Core Exchange Rate?

(4) What is the meaning of "Price per KByte Transaction Size" listed in /explorer/fees?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi there,

Been trying for over a day now and have the following error: "Severe network problems | Not connected"

Any suggestions? thanks.
That error will NOT disappear simply because the network has been taken down :)
If you see your funds, you are good to go and can make a proper backup as discribed in the migration guide.
Do you see all your funds?

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Hi there,

Any suggestions? thanks.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Ray

• View Profile
I am back in my old account and found my bitshares.

Wow... had me scared I lost them for a while...

Did have a question about the key...  which I have a copy of ...  but will work with it as is for a while.

I can get in and see my bitshares... which is great news!!

Whooo Hoooo !

Thanks for the help everyone...   btw... I did install the 0.9.3c to get it done... 

Thanks again!