Author Topic: argentina-marketing.matt608 is now live! Please VOTE for this vital project!  (Read 52276 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
How many articles would you propose to write in six months? And where would you post/publish them?

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I just want to add that in terms of division of my time, writing articles will be the single largest part, probably taking around 50% of my time.  In the first month I will have a bunch of articles written and probably probably published (in the English speaking market), which can be evaluated by shareholders who want to decide whether to keep the 100% pay rate going.

So you will write these articles for only 200 USD per month?

Yep!  Its basically an (almost) free part of the package.  I just need a little tip, 200 bucks is enough, to wet my appetite.  Better to under-pay while the DAC is young and needs nurturing and then pay generously when its massive and can handle the capital extraction.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I just want to add that in terms of division of my time, writing articles will be the single largest part, probably taking around 50% of my time.  In the first month I will have a bunch of articles written and probably probably published (in the English speaking market), which can be evaluated by shareholders who want to decide whether to keep the 100% pay rate going.

So you will write these articles for only 200 USD per month?

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Thanks for the feedback, these are valid concerns. 

I am confident I can address them all.

There's an overlapping concern you all share about the details of the Argentine campaign.  I have list of Argentine blogs + financial sections of online newpapers to target and Matador123 has a list as well. I'll get him touch with him again and get my list tidied up and have a more detailed plan ready within a day from now.

Just to be clear there will be no spending on Argentina marketing until the bitUSD portal is ready and mobile wallets with Spanish transitions are out and at least 1 on ramp established. 

People seem to be underestimating how much difference it makes to market a product to people who actually need it.  I don't see such skepticism for marketing to the west.  That's like trying to sell food at a banquet, no one wants it.  There stuffed full already.  Sell it where people need it.  That is above and beyond all other factors the most important one making a marketing campaign successful, and I will have it on my side.

It's also about being prepared.  I don't want the software to be launched and then have no campaign ready for this vital location, which is likely to have much higher conversions than other areas due to the dire need the population has for unlimited access to a stable currency, again, I emphasise,I am selling bitUSD where it is needed.  (initial onramp may have limits, but once bitUSD knowledge is out there and people know about it they'll be able to use local trader apps which are in development to get unlimited access).

@BTSdac, 20% pay is simply not enough.  100% pay is approximately $2500 per month.  So that is $7500 for this 3 month long project.  Deduct from that $1200 registration fee (60k BTS) and you have $6300.  20% of that would only be just over $1200 for the whole 3 months.  That is barely even enough to get the bitUSD portal + custom video done.  Of course I shall endeavour to keep costs down but $1000-$2000 would be my cost estimate for that.  There would be no point getting a great portal set up without marketing to promote it.  With 100% it provides a couple thousand for banner ads and sponsored content in Argentina.  Then there is an additional few k ready to optionally add to the Argentina budget if there is a high conversion rate, or use on the western market for simple things like press releases and more ads in the cryptosphere.  Honestly $7500 for such an important market is nothing.  In my opinion having 2 delegate spots dedicated to 100% Argentina would be a good move.  I only stated 50% of my pay to be 'flexible' in case opportunities in other markets presented themselves. 

I want to say again *nothing will be spent on ads until the software, bitUSD portal + onramp is ready*.  A good company is prepared.  bitUSD is so useful in Argentina the idea of it will spread very easily.  It would be a very bad move to attack this market.

Marketing is not rocket science.  It is just important work that needs to get done.  I can do it.  It's a global world.  Banner ads in financial sections of online Argentine newpapers and articles sent out to local money advice bloggers is the way to go, once its all ready.  This will be enacted with the combined expertise of the community.

Do you want a campaign to be ready in time or not?

Keep the feedback coming.  I want everyone's concerns addressed.  Tomorrow I'll post back with more details of my media targets.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:10:40 pm by matt608 »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I'm skeptical of marketing to Argentina this early. Without a coordinated effort including on-ramps I think ads would be mostly wasted.

You did a good job with the "first blockchain job" post, I will definitely vote for you once you have more concrete plans fleshed out.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
recently many new men join bts ecosystem ,it is the good thing for BTS . the BTSer don`t know what thing they do for BTS,and the plan is just a plan.maybe ,so I think they can run a low pay rate delegate,like 20% . if they really do well for bts ecosystem. then BTSer must would vote him as 100% pay rate delegate.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:15:24 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
since you're working with someone in Argentine , it's equally important to introduce him properly as you introduced yourself , if he's part of the plan .

For example , he will do news outlets , that's vague .  I can do news outlet too , but what kind ? what level ? State ? Province ? City ?  Town ? or Blog ?

I like the idea . But this post seems more like a "idea" to me than a proposal . Because a proper proposal is filled with details that can catch your reader's eye and mind , not just the eye . You need to convince your reader "I can do this" instead of "I want to do this" . So proving how you can actually do this is far more important than telling what you want to do .

Because those things you mentioned , if you even prove one important part with actionable facts and strategy , you'll get votes . 
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's a good first proposal and I plan to support more of these marketing delegates. However, I'd like to learn more about your Argentina plans also. Spending 50% down there means you need a plan, you need partners, and you (or someone working with you) needs a strong knowledge of that country's culture and finance systems. We have a couple of Argentine board members already who have begun this.

I'm encouraged by your ideas, but I'm not sold yet. Make this more specific and deeper in terms of your plans. I will support you if I feel you will add the requisite value.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Rushing for a 100% delegate is not good for BTS.

We maybe need set some threshold of 100% paid delegates .

The funds aren't going to spent for some time.  There's paying back the 60k BTS registration fee, then it will take time to save up to pay for video + design for bitusd.com.ar.  It might be 2 months before those funds get spent, and some of it will remain within the community too paying them for work.  Any ad campaign wont start until mobile wallets are ready and on-ramp established.  That could be 2-3 months away, there's no way for me to know.  The important thing is to be prepared, and ready to go when the time comes.

Most of the actual leg work, writing and organising, will be taking place in the first month or so with hardly any funds being spent.  Once things are all ready and the community experts (MeTHoDx for ad campaign, + others on the bitUSD video) have been thoroughly consulted the funds can start to be spent.

Edit:  I can't give any guarantees for when the funds will be spent, these are just estimates.  But I expect the spending rate to start small/nothing and increase over time.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:18:46 pm by matt608 »

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile
what's the law in Argentina ?
Is it legal to host a Bitcoin fiat trading platform ? Are there any yet ?
What are their trading volumes ?

More really good questions. 

There is bitpagos which services Latin America and other smaller exchanges some of which are still in development.
https://www.unisend.com/
http://www.pampabits.com/
https://www.coinmelon.com/ - 4k fb likes.

These small exchanges are great initial prospective partners.

Complying with the local laws is the responsibility of the exchanges.  Bitcoins are not illegal there but there are reporting requirements. 
http://www.coindesk.com/argentinian-money-regulator-mandates-reporting-bitcoin-activity/

I will find out more about local laws.

Offline Overthetop

Rushing for a 100% delegate is not good for BTS.

We maybe need set some threshold of 100% paid delegates .

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Riverhead

+5%

Very well thought out plan. This is the future of delegates.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
what's the law in Argentina ?
Is it legal to host a Bitcoin fiat trading platform ? Are there any yet ?
What are their trading volumes ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.