Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares PTS Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement  (Read 220924 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] BitShares PTS Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2014, 09:02:00 pm »
I'm not sure if I'm getting this.

Is this supported by Invictus?

If it is just a branch using the BTS Toolkit. In which way this is not just a pump and dump scheme for the PTS holders? Which DAC is going to suppor this DPOS PTS?

It is not I3

It is a pump and dump for PTS holders if it sharedrops only to PTS.

It doesn't make sense for any future DAC to support the DPOS PTS...

If you want DPOS PTS to have any value, honor the old old PTS shareholders 30%, 30% AGS and 40% BTS so that it may have a chance to compete with sparkles as non inflationary coins using DPOS with an historical name...Otherwise it will just be a a short pump and then a dump to $40k market cap and will only do bad for the whole BTS name rather than any good... People will track PTS price and will link the dump with BTS. I am staring to think now that one of the reasons that BTS price is low now is attributable also to the fact that people show the dumping of PTS price and link PTS and BTS in their head..

I remember back in March when I was talking to people in other forums about Bitshares, I received responses like "PTS was a pump and dump", why would you invest to something like that etc etc...The transfer of value is not easy to calculate and most people still have no idea how BTS came to become a reality today, but they do look at charts and make bad judgements..

The only token that future DACs using DPOS technology will honor from now on will be BTS (and hopefully AGS and maybe the new PTS if it sharedrops to BTS). Anything else will be doomed to fail...

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2014, 09:00:05 pm »

If it is just a branch using the BTS Toolkit. In which way this is not just a pump and dump scheme for the PTS holders? Which DAC is going to suppor this DPOS PTS?

It is not I3

It is a pump and dump for PTS holders if it sharedrops only to PTS.

It doesn't make sense for any future DAC to support the DPOS PTS...

If you want DPOS PTS to have any value, honor the old old PTS shareholders 30%, 30% AGS and 40% BTS so that it may have a chance to compete with sparkles as non inflationary coins using DPOS with an historical name...Otherwise it will just be a a short pump and then a dump to $40k market cap and will only do bad for the whole BTS name rather than any good... People will track PTS price and will link the dump with BTS. I am staring to think now that one of the reasons that BTS price is low now is attributable also to the fact that people show the dumping of PTS price and link PTS and BTS in their head..

I remember back in March when I was talking to people in other forums about Bitshares, I received responses like "PTS was a pump and dump", why would you invest to something like that etc etc...The transfer of value is not easy to calculate and most people still have no idea how BTS came to become a reality today, but they do look at charts and make bad judgements..

The only token that future DACs using DPOS technology will honor from now on will be BTS (and hopefully AGS). Anything else will be doomed to fail...

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2014, 08:44:39 pm »

Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2014, 08:44:10 pm »
"Upgrading PTS to DPOS has been planned for a long time, only nobody at I3 had the time to do it."
     If this was the intent of I3 then why did they very deliberately kill BitsharesPTS in order to merge it's value into BTS?

"From a purely technical perspective of course we're starting a new chain with a genesis block based on a snapshot from the old chain. There's really no other way to do it." 
     You want to start a new social consensus blockchain based on the Bitshares toolkit and airdrop on former PTS holders..that's it in a nutshell. That part I have no problem with. The problem is you state that future DAC's using the Bitshares toolkit are "invited" to honor your new social consensus but why would they? Because you have fraudulently called yourself the "new" BitsharesPTS. This looks like a copy and paste, pump and dump trading off a dead coin's brand and hijacked name...crypto coat-tail riding. And your response it "there's no other way to do it?".

"You can stay on the PoW chain and see where it leads. Most likely it won't lead anywhere but simply stop in its tracks."
     THAT WAS THE INTENTION. That was the whole purpose of merging PTS, AGS and all the others. So that there would be one place to snapshot for future DAC's wanting to honor the social consensus. BTS is what represents the Bitshares community not what you're doing. Your blockchain might have a use to some other crypto community but we are already united behind BTS.

"Therefore, the upgrade is mandatory from an economical perspective."
    That's like saying "here, I'm going to give you some free crypto in my new unrelated blockchain and you should take it because it's mandatory from an economic perspective." Try to understand, you are not updating PTS, PTS is DEAD..thus you are not adding value to it, because it no longer exists. It's value has been transferred to BTS. You are squatting on the name.

One final thing. You used the Bitshares toolkit to make your blockchain but are you honoring AGS holders? If not, you are violating the social consensus you purport to uphold.

+5% my sentiments exactly

Offline slacking

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »
"Upgrading PTS to DPOS has been planned for a long time, only nobody at I3 had the time to do it."
     If this was the intent of I3 then why did they very deliberately kill BitsharesPTS in order to merge it's value into BTS?

"From a purely technical perspective of course we're starting a new chain with a genesis block based on a snapshot from the old chain. There's really no other way to do it." 
     You want to start a new social consensus blockchain based on the Bitshares toolkit and airdrop on former PTS holders..that's it in a nutshell. That part I have no problem with. The problem is you state that future DAC's using the Bitshares toolkit are "invited" to honor your new social consensus but why would they? Because you have fraudulently called yourself the "new" BitsharesPTS. This looks like a copy and paste, pump and dump trading off a dead coin's brand and hijacked name...crypto coat-tail riding. And your response it "there's no other way to do it?".

"You can stay on the PoW chain and see where it leads. Most likely it won't lead anywhere but simply stop in its tracks."
     THAT WAS THE INTENTION. That was the whole purpose of merging PTS, AGS and all the others. So that there would be one place to snapshot for future DAC's wanting to honor the social consensus. BTS is what represents the Bitshares community not what you're doing. Your blockchain might have a use to some other crypto community but we are already united behind BTS.

"Therefore, the upgrade is mandatory from an economical perspective."
    That's like saying "here, I'm going to give you some free crypto in my new unrelated blockchain and you should take it because it's mandatory from an economic perspective." Try to understand, you are not updating PTS, PTS is DEAD..thus you are not adding value to it, because it no longer exists. It's value has been transferred to BTS. You are squatting on the name.

One final thing. You used the Bitshares toolkit to make your blockchain but are you honoring AGS holders? If not, you are violating the social consensus you purport to uphold.

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2014, 08:33:09 pm »
I would recommend an announcement in the Chinese forum too, I suspect they're the bigger market.
I really like the PTS website too... http://www.ptscrypto.com/

Is there a basic Chinese website translation planned?

should also be the "evolution of crypto-equities" instead of "the evolution of money".  Nice site overall though. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2014, 08:15:43 pm »
I would recommend an announcement in the Chinese forum too, I suspect they're the bigger market.
I really like the PTS website too... http://www.ptscrypto.com/

Is there a basic Chinese website translation planned?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »
Bitshares PTS Mandatory upgrade? This is misleading at best and deliberately fraudulent at worst. This is a hard fork, created by a new developer. There's nothing mandatory about it. The idea that you even have the right to use the Bitshares PTS name reeks of an intent to deceive. I suggest you rethink how you're attempting this launch if you want to maintain credibility.

Upgrading PTS to DPOS has been planned for a long time, only nobody at I3 had the time to do it. Our project has the full backing of I3. This is about as official as we can get.

From a purely technical perspective of course we're starting a new chain with a genesis block based on a snapshot from the old chain. There's really no other way to do it. So from a purely technical perspective this is not a mandatory upgrade. You can stay on the PoW chain and see where it leads. Most likely it won't lead anywhere but simply stop in its tracks. And even if you manage to mine a few new blocks you may find it difficult to do anything with your mined coins Therefore, the upgrade is mandatory from an economical perspective.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »
Awesome!

That PoW was being a complete mess! Sometime waiting hours for a confirmation.

Im buying a lot, as its mega cheap now.
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline slacking

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2014, 07:29:20 pm »
Bitshares PTS Mandatory upgrade? This is misleading at best and deliberately fraudulent at worst. This is a hard fork, created by a new developer. There's nothing mandatory about it. The idea that you even have the right to use the Bitshares PTS name reeks of an intent to deceive. I suggest you rethink how you're attempting this launch if you want to maintain credibility.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2014, 07:27:27 pm »
+5% Best of luck guys  :)

...the name shouldn't be BitShares PTS. That just brings about the same confusion the merger was set up to eliminate.

Agreed. Hence the following:

Quote from: alphaBar
* After the upgrade, a complete rebrand.

Cool, the sooner you can drop 'BitShares' the better, from both a BTS & PTS POV imo.

Why? Isnt it powered by bitshares technology?

Why not have every fork called bitshares-fork?  So bitshares-sparkles, bitshares-rpdc...etc.
It shows competition inside the same place while also serving to make it easier for outsiders looking in to see all the chains that were sharedropped. In 2 years, if there are 20 bitshares forks all with bitshares somewhere in them with marketcaps in the 10's of millions, i bet there will be even more people wanting to buy pts.  Of couse, there needs to be an  leasy way to identify these for everyday people.  The best way is to keep bitshares in the names of these, not to dissassociate them from one another.

This decision boils down to two ways of thinking:
1) bitshares is a single SuperDAC
2) bitshares is a toolkit and a means of distinguishing yourself from inferior toolkits

Now that i have talked enough with a veteran here, I bought PTS.  I like profit, but also think competition between many chains with the bitshares name really helps that.

I own PTS too. The reason why they should drop the BitShares is..

...the name shouldn't be BitShares PTS. That just brings about the same confusion the merger was set up to eliminate.

+5% +5%

They're also a no inflation crypto-currency where BitShares is a crypto-equity. You want your branding to invoke money more than shares/company metaphor in that case. I see they've gone for a gold logo & referenced it as a money, http://www.ptscrypto.com/ That's the right kind of idea. Once they drop the BitShares they have a stronger brand for their target market. I assume that's the idea once they make the transition.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:36:50 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline James212

• View Profile
Re: [ANN] BitShares PTS Mandatory Client Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2014, 07:11:23 pm »

+5% +5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2014, 07:09:20 pm »

Cool, the sooner you can drop 'BitShares' the better, from both a BTS & PTS POV imo.

Why? Isnt it powered by bitshares technology?

Why not have every fork called bitshares-fork?  So bitshares-sparkles, bitshares-rpdc...etc.
It shows competition inside the same place while also serving to make it easier for outsiders looking in to see all the chains that were sharedropped. In 2 years, if there are 20 bitshares forks all with bitshares somewhere in them with marketcaps in the 10's of millions, i bet there will be even more people wanting to buy pts.  Of couse, there needs to be an  leasy way to identify these for everyday people.  The best way is to keep bitshares in the names of these, not to dissassociate them from one another.

This decision boils down to two ways of thinking:
1) bitshares is a single SuperDAC
2) bitshares is a toolkit and a means of distinguishing yourself from inferior toolkits

Now that i have talked enough with a veteran here, I bought PTS.  I like profit, but also think competition between many chains with the bitshares name really helps that.

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »
how many snapshot this community will ever have? and why don t u just call it snapshares,it s very easy way to makes $$$$$$

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:18:03 pm by Empirical1.1 »