Author Topic: Bter hacked. PTS, bitassets withdrawal successful. Share you experience.  (Read 122938 times)

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
I need help. Withdraws are open on bter and I currently have CNY in my account but I don't have a chinese bank account. Any way I can get my money out? Thanks
What?

Offline konelectric

I need help. Withdraws are open on bter and I currently have CNY in my account but I don't have a chinese bank account. Any way I can get my money out? Thanks

Couldn't you trade it for USD, then withdraw the USD?
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
I guess you will have to find a Chinese guy to take them. Transfer them to him as a BterCode (assuming that still works) and let him pay you with BitCNY or whatever else you agree on.

BTW, I have the same problem.

Offline rgnrk87

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I actually believe the crisis was engineered so "Satoshi" could create bitcoin to usher in a New World Currency that would be ultimately controlled by the same people. 

I fail to see how Bitcoin is a New World Currency controlled by the same paople, really. Care to explain?

Its because fuzzy is a conspiracy theorist who doesnt need actual evidence in order to believe something.  :P

When you own the system you make the numbers exactly what you want them to be.  If you don't believe me,  look at the cpi and how those statistics are manipulated.

Or if you want real evidence of "conspiracies" (btw, I love how people give the term "conspiracy" the same credence as they would the word unicorn...as though they don't exist. ..lol) check out libor.  Or go read up on the 28 classified pages of the 911 report that implicate Saudi Involvement.  People conspire my friend.  And there is ample evidence that big institutions like Bear Stearns and others were doing fraudulent activity (aka conspiring to make things look on the surface to be something they weren't). When the housing market collapsed so did their house of cards.

Its because fuzzy is a conspiracy theorist who doesnt need actual evidence in order to believe something.  :P

Count me in conspiracy theorists too, but Bitcoin is a cure for NWO, not their friend.

Blockchain tech is only a tool. Just like the internet,  it can be used to empower or to enslave.   The choice really comes down to our ultimate motivations.
I have a saying: "the emergence of a New World Order is inevitable. .. the question is who will control it; the people or the elite."

That is actually why I have chosen to help bitshares...though losing TITAN concerns me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:05:38 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Count me in conspiracy theorists too, but Bitcoin is a cure for NWO, not their friend.

result oriented we must agree with fuzz!

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I actually believe the crisis was engineered so "Satoshi" could create bitcoin to usher in a New World Currency that would be ultimately controlled by the same people. 

I fail to see how Bitcoin is a New World Currency controlled by the same paople, really. Care to explain?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Why don't you buy mtgox?

There is your answer.

Pull your fucking heads out of your ass and kill this thread. Nobody is going to do business with any incarnation of bter now.

If you truly believe buying an insolvent company is the best time to buy it, then riddle me this: who bought Lehman Brothers or Enron?

Bter has exactly 1 asset; their name. Only the dumbest person on the planet would pay anything more than a buck for it as it's is a tainted name and may only have slight posterity, sentimental, or bragging rights in its worth.

Bter lost over $1.7 million worth of bitcoin at the time of the theft. Double that number if bitcoin skyrockets to  $500 per.
Or who bought Bear Stearns?  JP Morgan did.  JP Morgan became bigger and more powerful from the deal...took the assets that needed to be shed and sold them, and kept the rest for themselves.

Mind you I'm not a big fan of them, but it is true.

Bear Stearns was not insolvent. Investors lost faith/confidence as rumors of liquidity issues were coming out.

Any numbers you get on Bear Stearns are likely cooked and worthless for this part of the discussion.  :/

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

That is a possibility, one amongst many. So it is good to hold on to our beliefs lightly and our principles tightly. Then we won't go wrong.

Thats a quotable right there. :)  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Why don't you buy mtgox?

There is your answer.

Pull your fucking heads out of your ass and kill this thread. Nobody is going to do business with any incarnation of bter now.

If you truly believe buying an insolvent company is the best time to buy it, then riddle me this: who bought Lehman Brothers or Enron?

Bter has exactly 1 asset; their name. Only the dumbest person on the planet would pay anything more than a buck for it as it's is a tainted name and may only have slight posterity, sentimental, or bragging rights in its worth.

Bter lost over $1.7 million worth of bitcoin at the time of the theft. Double that number if bitcoin skyrockets to  $500 per.
Or who bought Bear Stearns?  JP Morgan did.  JP Morgan became bigger and more powerful from the deal...took the assets that needed to be shed and sold them, and kept the rest for themselves.

Bear Stearns was not insolvent. Investors lost faith/confidence as rumors of liquidity issues were coming out.

Offline CapR

• View Profile
  • BitShares: CapR
http://www.coindesk.com/bter-unable-to-repay-customers-following-alleged-exchange-heist/

What chance is there Bter will still  honor the DACs for its customers who had BTS deposited on their exchange during snapshots?  Since Bter doesn't have the funds to reimburse their customers, they might have to sell the exchange.

Offline fuzzy

Offline onceuponatime

Why don't you buy mtgox?

There is your answer.

JP Morgan also got freshly printed fiat for their troubles.  At that point, people chose security over freedom.  Interestingly, Satoshi gave us bitcoin around the same point in time, for those of us who wanted to choose freedom. 

If we could get some freshly printed btc for our troubles, I would say go for it.  Fortunately, crypto doesn't work that way.  Solutions to these problems are required to be free market in nature.  In this case, bter will most likely have to be expunged from the system.

I mean do we really think that Satoshi is still in danger when we have so many people openly working in crypto?  It is all the Hegelian Dialectic man:  Create the problem knowing you already have the solution that benefits you most ready for launch.  Then when people are crying out for someone to fix the problem, you drop in the trojan horse to "fix it" for them.

That is a possibility, one amongst many. So it is good to hold on to our beliefs lightly and our principles tightly. Then we won't go wrong.