Author Topic: Bter hacked. PTS, bitassets withdrawal successful. Share you experience.  (Read 121368 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Bter: "我们决定与合作伙伴一起重构比特儿后台,彻底解决虚拟币钱包安全问题,重启比特儿运营,提供更多功能更好的服务,偿还用户损失。更多细节很快发布,真心感谢您的支持。"

We decided to work with our partners to rebuild the backend platform, completely resolve the wallet issue, reactivate bter operation. We would provide more features with better services, repair users' losses. More details to come. Sincerely, thank you for your support.

Bter: "We have decided to rebuild BTER's backend, completely solve the wallets security issue and re-enable all the tradings."

I am talking this positively. The were having issues with the wallet security and that is probably why could not release the altcoins. Now bter wants to be back in operation. This is tremendous good news.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
https://twitter.com/btercom/status/572372272536662017

Does this mean that they will not allow to withdraw any other altcoins until they rebuild their backend? Why they left this open for speculation?   :-X

I think so. I can't put into words how much hate I have towards bter staff right now. I have waited ages already and now we could be waiting months more. :(
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
https://twitter.com/btercom/status/572372272536662017

Does this mean that they will not allow to withdraw any other altcoins until they rebuild their backend? Why they left this open for speculation?   :-X

38PTSWarrior

I also have a little bit on Bter. I didn*t sign in since I read about the hack and hope everything will be alright *smoke*

Offline cube

• View Profile
NXT assets (SuperNET, etc.) withdrawal enabled.

Offline agauronskis

• View Profile

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Hello. I had a good bit of BTS on Bter. They gave out bonuses of some BTS "assets..??" called "Play" and something else in the November-December timeframe. How do I withdraw and save these things? I really don't know anything about them. I have the BTS wllet installed and working on a computer to withdraw my BTS if/when that becomes possible but don't know if these other "shares" are worth anything. Advice? Thanks.

Unfortunately we are in a wait and see mode. It's all in the hands of BTER.

Offline jnporter099

• View Profile
Hello. I had a good bit of BTS on Bter. They gave out bonuses of some BTS "assets..??" called "Play" and something else in the November-December timeframe. How do I withdraw and save these things? I really don't know anything about them. I have the BTS wllet installed and working on a computer to withdraw my BTS if/when that becomes possible but don't know if these other "shares" are worth anything. Advice? Thanks.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I am sort of confused by these pieces of bter working while others are not. They are operating as though their site had been deleted and they are slowly restoring it back to its previous functionality. I don't understand how a cold wallet theft should impact everything else the way it has. Shutdown BTC transactions.. allow everything else to carry on.. why not?

They werent sure that things were operating correctly, so they arent enabling withdrawals on any item until they verify that its working correctly first. 
Its quite possible that altcoin withdrawals were broken, but the hacker didnt bother with them, he just went for the big prize (BTC).  When you steal $1.6M in bitcoin, you dont worry about whether you can steal a couple hundred k worth of a few altcoins, you are only worried about getting away safely with your bitcoins.

So they probably have to fix the problem, and then they can safely allow altcoin withdrawals.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I am sort of confused by these pieces of bter working while others are not. They are operating as though their site had been deleted and they are slowly restoring it back to its previous functionality. I don't understand how a cold wallet theft should impact everything else the way it has. Shutdown BTC transactions.. allow everything else to carry on.. why not?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
NXT diminished, some crapcoins inserted...?! Is that some more buying of time?

Offline joele

• View Profile

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
"We are now handling NXT assets (SuperNET, etc.) withdrawals"

www.twitter.com/btercom

PROGRESS !!!

Not BTS yet tho

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile

Offline cube

• View Profile
A better translation is :

There was a rumour about bter selling its domain name for USD10K.  Bter has cleared a large number of withdrawal recently. It would not sell its name and run away for just 10 grand.  CNY withdrawl is smooth and they will handle virtual currencies withdrawal soon.