Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 901715 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
This guy is bullish on BTS and is shorting 11600 BitUSD:

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/account/ccedkbts

Good sign, maybe he knows something...

It has come to my attention that it is of interest where the users funds on CCEDK is located, so pls concentrate on ccedkcold as well as ccedkwallet if you need this kind of info. We are still trying to make sure all is clear and set for future big push, and ccedkbts is created for the base of investments on platform and to offer liquidity on both buy and sell walls although only based on highs and lows, expecting market makers to enter with a more close to rate spread. So, I hope it is clear now that ccedkbts is the account for investments only and as such the money of CCEDK and their investors.

@ccedk
Are those investors community members from the forum or outside CCEDK investors? Cause I dont remember reading about that. Could community members participate by sending funds? I'm asking because some might be willing to help instead of letting their bts sit on their wallets doing nothing.

they are invtestors from outside and did a rather big buy some three months ago, where transaction was made on CCEDK exchange, and in regards to the other part I think it could be a great way but I suggest really a worker proposal in regards to setting up bots providing liquidity from numerous investors, and these investors receive an interest monthly for providing this, just in some similar ways as they provide liquidity on Nubits traded pairs on the various exchanges incl. CCEDK.
thanks for letting us know. Well, yeah I guess we're all just waiting on the api to be more accessible.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

It has come to my attention that it is of interest where the users funds on CCEDK is located, so pls concentrate on ccedkcold as well as ccedkwallet if you need this kind of info. We are still trying to make sure all is clear and set for future big push, and ccedkbts is created for the base of investments on platform and to offer liquidity on both buy and sell walls although only based on highs and lows, expecting market makers to enter with a more close to rate spread. So, I hope it is clear now that ccedkbts is the account for investments only and as such the money of CCEDK and their investors.

@ccedk
Are those investors community members from the forum or outside CCEDK investors? Cause I dont remember reading about that. Could community members participate by sending funds? I'm asking because some might be willing to help instead of letting their bts sit on their wallets doing nothing.

they are invtestors from outside and did a rather big buy some three months ago, where transaction was made on CCEDK exchange, and in regards to the other part I think it could be a great way but I suggest really a worker proposal in regards to setting up bots providing liquidity from numerous investors, and these investors receive an interest monthly for providing this, just in some similar ways as they provide liquidity on Nubits traded pairs on the various exchanges incl. CCEDK.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:31:59 pm by ccedk »
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

@ccedk
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:41:21 pm by ccedk »
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
They are only short if they also SOLD the bitUSD ..

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Highest ranked stakeholders have lost the most.    So much stupidity in response to emotions.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I wonder how many idiots are there who would ever margin trade in a market of this size? ETH is one thing, but enabling the margin on BTS market is just fucking absurd. And dumbfucks from polo trollbox who were crying over their losses 3 days back, still keep talking up their margin positions... How could people physically be that stupid?

You can't have liquidity in a derivative market without margin trading and bitassets like bitusd is a derivative of usd. So ideally what we need is margin trading in bitusd and not margin trading in BTS like it is happening in Polo. Market makers should probably work on models to allow one to take leveraged positions in bitusd by blocking BTS collateral but I am not sure how this can happen since bitusd is created by putting BTS as collateral..

I guess that someone could create an UIAusd which is bought back on a daily basis at par to bitusd minus his fees. That person will be in control of the UIAusd so he can adjust the position and the daily available supply of UIAusd and people will be able to block an amount of BTS and borrow more UIAusd (leverage). This would help the bitusd liquidity and consequently the BTS liquidity and eventually would mean more demand for both bitusd and BTS and would increase BTS price..

What we are doing now is exactly the opposite though..Margin trading in BTS and essentially looking for trouble..  ooo well...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I wonder how many idiots are there who would ever margin trade in a market of this size? ETH is one thing, but enabling the margin on BTS market is just fucking absurd. And dumbfucks from polo trollbox who were crying over their losses 3 days back, still keep talking up their margin positions... How could people physically be that stupid?

I added to my long position. Another 2,500 BTS.  :P

Last time Tony said something "price positive" the price shot up like a rocket. I'll take my chances.

But yea, anyone margining any serious amounts with this level of liquidity is just asking for a smackin'.

Well, Last time I was screaming "buy, Buy, BUY!",  this time it is just a low voice gut feeling.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

I added to my long position. Another 2,500 BTS.  :P

Last time Tony said something "price positive" the price shot up like a rocket. I'll take my chances.

But yea, anyone margining any serious amounts with this level of liquidity is just asking for a smackin'.

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile

Offline FIAThater

• View Profile
I have a gut feeling...1500-1600 sat real soon.

This is definitely not that it might seem. Looks like a cheap trick to make everyone open longs and then smack the shit out of it all the way down to 700. Something is wrong here. Still watching.

Offline Portabello75

• View Profile

As soon as 1k breaks it's a free ride back to 1400, then we shall see. No shorters left and all the dumped coin is now in the hands of holders. I plan on holding past 2000.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.