Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 897553 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Do I hear 1200? 1200, going once, going twice... What? 1000! 1000, going once,... 800?! Oh my!

Price is irrelevant. There are still plenty of weak hands that gave it a final go and are now very bitter. It's OK. It's just how it works.

I don't think Stan's or Dan's comments/articles full of hype/hope will have any effect anymore. I admire the optimism, but no.

BTS hype is over, I believe that now the only thing that can take it higher is real utility and that will take some time to truly develop.

For that reason, I'm mostly out. Enjoy the ebbs and flows. I'll be waiting way, way, waaaay lower to get in. I could care less if it quadruples from here short term. I don't think it will be a sustainable jump even if there is one.

Good luck everybody! :)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
my markup of the trend waves...

If the downtrend resumes, I'm thinking the next low could be somewhere along that lower pink line indicating the path of the recent downturn. I'm hoping another rally moves the price back between the green uptrend lines and preferably above the pink line.

Here's the longview:

BTW - This Dark Side of the Moon instrumental version is pure goodness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vw1pdjydp0
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:04:28 pm by werneo »

Offline phillyguy

I'm still new. But is it possible those who have not inserted their BTS wallet into the new 2.0 wallet affected the price? I haven't done so yet since I simply forgot. But I'm still holding onto my BTS

Yes of course it would. When these users start using their bts2 and generate tx fees in the network, bts2 will earn revenue and profit.  How can it not increase in value and price?

Well but that's the thing. There's not many places where people can spend bts/smartcoins right now.

The way I see it, what we need is a MASSIVE campaign, a push by as many enthusiasts as we can get to get online stores to accept bts/smartcoins.
You can help too! If you're self employed, offer to be paid in BitEUR (or whatever) and give the client a 10-15% discount. That'll make them think!

I was thinking today that Bitshares already has a browing use and market. ie People when they convert BTS to USD, GOLD etc are buying something with Bitshares. So that IS the market, the market for digital assets basically.

Absolutely. Here's a really good current example:

It looks like the VW emissions scandal is going to slow diesel vehicle sales in the US and Europe, at least in the short term. Diesel autocatalysts are primarily made with Platinum. Gasoline powered vehicles, however, have catalytic converters that primarily use Palladium.

Palladium is up from $610/oz to $694/oz in the last 30 days. If I want exposure to Palladium, I have to either buy physical bullion- which is not easy, given it is a scarce precious metal - or I have to buy into an ETF, that charges fees to administer the fund and store the physical bullion in a vault.

I would much rather be able to pay a tiny transaction fee on the graphene powered, BitShares DEX and get exposure to Palladium with a few clicks.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jimmykorea

• View Profile
I'm still new. But is it possible those who have not inserted their BTS wallet into the new 2.0 wallet affected the price? I haven't done so yet since I simply forgot. But I'm still holding onto my BTS

Yes of course it would. When these users start using their bts2 and generate tx fees in the network, bts2 will earn revenue and profit.  How can it not increase in value and price?

Well but that's the thing. There's not many places where people can spend bts/smartcoins right now.

The way I see it, what we need is a MASSIVE campaign, a push by as many enthusiasts as we can get to get online stores to accept bts/smartcoins.
You can help too! If you're self employed, offer to be paid in BitEUR (or whatever) and give the client a 10-15% discount. That'll make them think!

I was thinking today that Bitshares already has a browing use and market. ie People when they convert BTS to USD, GOLD etc are buying something with Bitshares. So that IS the market, the market for digital assets basically.

Offline mudshark79

• View Profile

That's what I have In mind but the other way round. I want to use bitEUR for recurring payments I do to 3rd parties of which at least 2 would maybe interested in the concept and have enough geek background to maybe really consider it.
But first I need a place to redirect them to which explains everything in an easy manner and 2nd thing will be an easy to use offramp because they will only consider using it If they can easily exit to EUR anytime. And of course it has to be at least slightly cheaper for all involved parties than using Paypal for instance. Liquidity will be crucial also... Are we already there?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:48:49 am by mudshark79 »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Before that you need something that follows the peg and is stable. If you do that you Will eventually have liquidity providers and volume Will increase. Atm our bitassets are not of much use
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline bitbybits

• View Profile

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
at the crossroads...

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:13:37 pm by werneo »

Tuck Fheman

Offline habeler

^

Well,

:) ;) :)
Your price fudding worked! What price did you buy back in again?

It would be funny if he is on margin and get wiped out by the thin order book.

There is a real chance that the network can get screwed permanently if there is a cascade of margin calls and price falls to close to 0 which is very possible. That is if I understand bitassets correctly which I may not considering no one else seems to be worried.
1LeQTkxdpvZFU23qA22xas2zvqzTHMa48T
bts-habeler876

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
^

Well,

:) ;) :)
Your price fudding worked! What price did you buy back in again?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline ValentinJesse

• View Profile