Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887206 times)

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile
follow-my-vote 发送 1,000,000 BTS 发往 poloniexwallet     12 minutes ago

Offline topcandle

It doesn't help that nobody is trying to get btc38 online.  This is a big reason for the downtrend.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Right now at poloniex there are 40 million bts in the sell column. @1259 that's a little over 500 btc. In the buy column? 178 btc. Fodder for bears.

While this does mean something, you must also understand that it is heavily manipulated by whales to get the price to move where they want.

Whenever a whale wants the price to rise into his sell he adds a 100 btc buy wall lower down to make the buy support look good, and when he wants to buy more he adds a 5M bts sell wall higher up and pulls away most of the buy orders to make this look terrible.

Usually when the disparity hits extremes, its at a top or bottom and then it reverses and goes the other way. 

As soon as a whale gets an order filled that he wanted filled, he reverses his walls so that it looks the opposite of the way it did before.  If you buy and sell only based on the buy support and amount available for sale, you are just asking to get manipulated by these whales.

Of course, I am not saying that the buy support amount is meaningless, it does mean something.

You called it. BTS spiked around 1475 then crashed back down to earth. Low liquidity = easy manipulation.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
looks like my BTS radar was right.
I got in just in the low 13's ALL in.. no guts no glory !

Well played :)

Offline ElRageO

• View Profile
looks like my BTS radar was right.
I got in just in the low 13's ALL in.. no guts no glory !

Tuck Fheman

Yeah, so right when things were looking hopeless it was the bottom wasnt it? 
And whenever we are happy and excited its near the top...

Things are about to change. Many signs in the m00n indicate the wolves are near. Take shelter my friends!  :P

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
What's the all time low for Bitshares? 

afaik, you are here.

current price is 1259 satoshi. We are in uncharted territory. Right now at poloniex there are 40 million bts in the sell column. @1259 that's a little over 500 btc. In the buy column? 178 btc. Fodder for bears.

Yeah, so right when things were looking hopeless it was the bottom wasnt it? 
And whenever we are happy and excited its near the top...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline ElRageO

• View Profile
Im not a trade expert by any means but I made a fair bit on the last bts run. I picked it up at 1400 last time when it started looking strange.

Its looking "fishy" like it did before the last time it started to spike up, creeping up buy side getting bigger etc..
Picked up some just incase  ;)

Hoping for the best.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Right now at poloniex there are 40 million bts in the sell column. @1259 that's a little over 500 btc. In the buy column? 178 btc. Fodder for bears.

While this does mean something, you must also understand that it is heavily manipulated by whales to get the price to move where they want.

Whenever a whale wants the price to rise into his sell he adds a 100 btc buy wall lower down to make the buy support look good, and when he wants to buy more he adds a 5M bts sell wall higher up and pulls away most of the buy orders to make this look terrible.

Usually when the disparity hits extremes, its at a top or bottom and then it reverses and goes the other way. 

As soon as a whale gets an order filled that he wanted filled, he reverses his walls so that it looks the opposite of the way it did before.  If you buy and sell only based on the buy support and amount available for sale, you are just asking to get manipulated by these whales.

Of course, I am not saying that the buy support amount is meaningless, it does mean something.

Tuck Fheman

All I know is, the chart I'm looking at that was posted here last week has been dead on accurate so far.  If that continues and the prediction is correct, we could see a bump upwards early tomorrow and begin the slow crawl back to 1450.

Sounds like a plan. ;)

:P

Tuck Fheman

afaik, you are here.

current price is 1259 satoshi. We are in uncharted territory. Right now at poloniex there are 40 million bts in the sell column. @1259 that's a little over 500 btc. In the buy column? 178 btc. Fodder for bears.

All I know is, the chart I'm looking at that was posted here last week has been dead on accurate so far.  If that continues and the prediction is correct, we could see a bump upwards early tomorrow and begin the slow crawl back to 1450.

Sounds like a plan. ;)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

afaik, you are here.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

afaik, you are here.

Offline topcandle

What's the all time low for Bitshares?  We're at .00001253....  Are we going to reach that?