Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887478 times)

Offline bytemaster

I confess to selling from ANGEL today to cover some expenses.   Unfortunately, I sold just prior to the big pump :( 

On the brighter side super33 appears to be out of BTS to sell.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mudshark79

• View Profile
Are they selling for tax losses now - with the intention of buying back when Privacy Mode is in place in a couple of weeks?
They saw the Exit-Sign while Chinese are going crazy stiring up Volume. My Impression  8)

Offline onceuponatime

Are they selling for tax losses now - with the intention of buying back when Privacy Mode is in place in a couple of weeks?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Those 13M already took us down form 1100 to 800s.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
super33 sent 13,670,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
block 3,002,472 - 5 hours ago - 32 BTS
super33 sent 3,000,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
block 3,002,371 - 5 hours ago - 32 BTS
super33 sent 500,000 BTS to blocktrades
block 2,827,051 - 6 days ago - 32 BTS

for-dana sent 500,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
block 3,005,809 - 2 hours ago - 32 BTS
block 3,003,422 - 4 hours ago - 32 BTS

angel sent 500,000 BTS to blocktrades
block 2,999,706 - 7 hours ago - 32 BTS
block 2,980,060 - 1 day ago - 32 BTS
block 2,974,000 - 1 day ago - 32 BTS

the 500k.. I guess they're alright but 13M wow I wouldn't even risk that much at the same time on an exchange. Would do it slowly and take funds back then proceed.

I would like those 13M not to be dumped but what else are they doing on Polo
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
super33 sent 13,670,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
block 3,002,472 - 5 hours ago - 32 BTS
super33 sent 3,000,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
block 3,002,371 - 5 hours ago - 32 BTS
super33 sent 500,000 BTS to blocktrades
block 2,827,051 - 6 days ago - 32 BTS

block 3,005,809 - 2 hours ago - 32 BTS
block 3,003,422 - 4 hours ago - 32 BTS

block 2,999,706 - 7 hours ago - 32 BTS
block 2,980,060 - 1 day ago - 32 BTS
block 2,974,000 - 1 day ago - 32 BTS
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile
@TheGift73 that doesnt seem usual at all. All cryptos are green if you check coinmarketcap atm, however BTS has a 15% increase which we haven't seen for quite a while. Will probably go back to where it was, most likely, but didn't see that for quite a while now, that I remember

Offline TheGift73

• View Profile
Some decent movement on Poloniex today. Did I miss some news?

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
*spitting out my coffee*

Why?

*sips coffee*
*nods happily*

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
*spitting out my coffee*

Why?

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Well, they're incomplete atm. Or at least, not being used to their full potential. What good is any tech if it can't be used? We might use it, we might do that little effort but then again, outside users won't care.

But I believe we're really at the beginning. It's like BitShares got a reset. Difference is now it seems to have more potential. It's up to us to take that potential to the max.

Yes indeed. I see you are actively leading the 'business development' by getting the exchanges eg CCEX in.  We need more people like you.

Btw @cube related to on/off bridges CCEDK is working on doing that. You deposit fiat and you get credit open.eur, open.usd, etc on your bts wallet.

Transwiser CNY-on/off ramp and now CCEDK.  Bithshares is getting its infrastructure in place.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
... What we're lacking atm is utility, something that feels a need. Until we have Bond Markets, Prediction Markets or companies using BitShares as a platform (ie exchanges), we won't see any price rise.

We do have utility-based products - price-stable bitUSD/bitCNY/bitEUR etc and a decentralised exchange. 

We might have the best chain and technology but it's pretty much half baked. It's not accessible or user friendly so it just isn't used. It will require more time for that.

Our bitassets have little liquidities and not closely pegged.  Our DEX has no on/off ramps (btc<->fiat, bts<->fiat) and no counterparty-risk-free btc<->bts and altcoin<->bts exchanges.  Naturally, users are not going to use them.  'Half-baked' may be too harsh but we are certainly 'not done' yet.

I really don't see a difference between existing no product or a product with defect. If assets are not pegged they won't be seen as a good product and won't be used. Chicken and egg problem like we all know but outsiders don't care about this. They want a peg and that's it.

Well, they're incomplete atm. Or at least, not being used to their full potential. What good is any tech if it can't be used? We might use it, we might do that little effort but then again, outside users won't care.

But I believe we're really at the beginning. It's like BitShares got a reset. Difference is now it seems to have more potential. It's up to us to take that potential to the max.

Btw @cube related to on/off bridges CCEDK is working on doing that. You deposit fiat and you get credit open.eur, open.usd, etc on your bts wallet.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
... What we're lacking atm is utility, something that feels a need. Until we have Bond Markets, Prediction Markets or companies using BitShares as a platform (ie exchanges), we won't see any price rise.

We do have utility-based products - price-stable bitUSD/bitCNY/bitEUR etc and a decentralised exchange. 

We might have the best chain and technology but it's pretty much half baked. It's not accessible or user friendly so it just isn't used. It will require more time for that.

Our bitassets have little liquidities and not closely pegged.  Our DEX has no on/off ramps (btc<->fiat, bts<->fiat) and no counterparty-risk-free btc<->bts and altcoin<->bts exchanges.  Naturally, users are not going to use them.  'Half-baked' may be too harsh but we are certainly 'not done' yet. 
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Sounds like we created the best F1 machine ever, but didn't registered the race.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop