Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 899426 times)

Offline noisy

right now people are hope, that then will have a chance to buy cheap BTS at 1600. If that is the new bottom for next month, I can live with that ;)
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
I guess it is to be expected that we would retrace.  We went up far further than I expected far faster than I expected.  How long do you all think we are going to slip back down?

Going up a significant % along with massive volume is great even if this retreats.  It should open the eyes to those who put off BTS.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I guess it is to be expected that we would retrace.  We went up far further than I expected far faster than I expected.  How long do you all think we are going to slip back down?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline DestBest

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
prepare yourself for the coming weeks  ;)

TravelsAsia

Regardless of the immediate price, this type of volume will bring new people into the community investigating the tech.

Offline EstefanTT

Poloniex buyers book is back to 950 btc !
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

March 10, 2016 was an epic date in history for bts.  Trading volume has never been higher in any 24 period since launch.  I am optimistic the rise is just getting started.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
It almost feels like Ethereum (and perhaps some others) has been adopted by whales and presented as a red herring, to distract the masses while they quietly accumulate Bitshares.

The Ethereum user experience is dire compared to what Bitshares is running with.

Would be interesting to see them mimick 0.9 all over again. Hilarious to say the least. We would trade positions.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline noisy

Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline morpheus

• View Profile
Whats with these shorts that borrow my bts at 1400 and still dont cover at +50%.  What are they thinking?  Lunatics.

I still have eth loans open from Jan 15.  How they have not been called I do not know since the price is up about 10x.  Its only like 2 eth so I don't really care and it expires in 5 days.  I hope their lending systems is working...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Smart move = liquidate your bts now and buy back at 10 million. Don't be a pig and double your shares.

Offline Methodise

It almost feels like Ethereum (and perhaps some others) has been adopted by whales and presented as a red herring, to distract the masses while they quietly accumulate Bitshares.

The Ethereum user experience is dire compared to what Bitshares is running with.
BTS: methodise

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
blogpost from Azure has not come out yet, that may cause "the" rise

that's IT

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Always some idiot whale who doesnt realize he can easily sell the bts slowly over time at 2000+, he has to market dump to 1600 to try to kill bts while he gets out with less money.

Wasn't that little dump possibly the case of longs being under-margined and a big buy order being removed resulting in forced liquidations as you explained here?

Lets say that the person with the buy wall at 850 sats in our example cancelled his order.  Now, polo recalculates how much you could sell your BTS for. Lets say that the 850 wall was a big wall and you were relying on its existence.  Without it, poloniex sees that you would have to dump all the way down to 400 sats in a liquidation!   It recalculates your margin and determines that you are below the 20% liquidation level and are no longer safe. Therefore it autoliquidates your position, and crashes the price to 400 sats.
So the removal of an order from the books on polo can trigger forced liquidations.

I will agree with Ander and whoever else posted regarding this... being margin long (and short for that matter) is a very dangerous proposition with moves of that magnitude.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:45:12 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.