Author Topic: Graphene GUI testing and feedback  (Read 73519 times)

Offline svk

Re: Graphene GUI testing and feedback
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2015, 07:07:30 pm »
if you use the search function for assets and for example you put "trade" into account it will find 1 asset, but the used assets or child assets trade.btc and trade.ltc are not found.
Known issue, still waiting on a new api call to upgrade this search.

Until that gets implemented the search has to be exact.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline DestBest

« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2015, 07:10:29 pm »
Precision slip when viewing "Market Depth". Gets worse as you switch between horizontal and vertical.
Same here. Gets worse as you input price.

What is this?
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline svk

« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2015, 07:31:49 pm »
Precision slip when viewing "Market Depth". Gets worse as you switch between horizontal and vertical.
Same here. Gets worse as you input price.

What is this?
Just refresh and it will be back to normal.

Technical explanation is that it's a hack to make highstock display x-axis values with decimals by applying a multiplier to make the values larger than 1, then divide by the same factor when displaying the values. Only problem was the array that I applied it to was mutable so changes persist between mounts of the component.

Trdl: already fixed in dev, a refresh will clear it

Edit: Sorry it was late and I thought you were referring to the same issue as the previous post.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:59:25 am by svk »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2015, 07:41:05 pm »

This also a display bug? Refresh doesn't help for me?!
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline yvv

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 21, 2015, 07:58:53 pm »
Same thing for me. Lowest ask and highest bid are crossing for USD:BTS, but no trade occurs.

Xeldal

« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2015, 08:08:29 pm »
same thing was mentioned here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19306.msg247950.html#msg247950

Alt was trying to explain that it is the intended function of the current market rules.

I don't believe this is true.  Or, I really hope its not true.  Its plain dumb if that's how its supposed to work.
please tell me this is a display bug.

Offline svk

« Reply #231 on: October 21, 2015, 09:17:57 pm »
same thing was mentioned here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19306.msg247950.html#msg247950

Alt was trying to explain that it is the intended function of the current market rules.

I don't believe this is true.  Or, I really hope its not true.  Its plain dumb if that's how its supposed to work.
alt is right, thats how it works. Since bm always uses flipped markets to explain its just so hard to understand.

I've made a reply in the other thread also.

Offline botfund

• View Profile
  • BitShares: botfund
« Reply #232 on: October 21, 2015, 11:04:56 pm »

+5%

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 21, 2015, 11:11:11 pm »

Maybe not show the "yellow" orders since they aren't "valid" (as in, they won't be executed) yet? It does seem confusing to people, and this does appear to be an internal market matching feature that might not need to be exposed to users.

EDIT: Those yellow orders should only show up when the highest bid (in BTS:USD) is less than the margin call price. That's the only time it will be be a "valid" ask, and the ask will be at the margin call price.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:27:52 pm by maqifrnswa »
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline botfund

• View Profile
  • BitShares: botfund
« Reply #234 on: October 21, 2015, 11:15:36 pm »

The current rule makes the order book look silly and I think this should be changed to something like:

A margin call will occur any time the highest bid is greater than SQP and CALL PRICE is greater than SQP.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 21, 2015, 11:39:55 pm »
This is indeed confusing. People make decisions based on order book. If the order is not going to be executed, just don't show it, or show it different way.

Offline ag

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 22, 2015, 04:42:06 am »
since about a day ago the site does not work on chrome version 40 for mac.  ( I use an outdated version of chrome ). I get "Loading..." screen, even with new chrome profile ( I originally thought my cache got corrupted). But I did backup my 2.0 wallets, and was able to import them on safari  9.0. SO you were legacy compatible with version 40... but not anymore.

Offline svk

« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2015, 05:59:35 am »

This also a display bug? Refresh doesn't help for me?!

I thought he was referring to the same issue as above him.

Like I've said elsewhere, this is not a bug but a "feature" of the market engine. Because there are sell orders below the narrow range of [CALL LIMIT, MARGIN CALL PRICE] the call orders will not execute. I'm showing them because I believe this behaviour is crazy and that margin called orders should be allowed to buy at a fair price, that is to say below their call limit.

If everyone who has sell orders below the call limit (in red from ~34 to 43.51637 in that picture) would now cancel their orders, the sells inside the range [CALL LIMIT, MARGIN CALL PRICE] would fill instantly, so the orders are there, it's just weird mechanics of the market engine making them not execute.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 23, 2015, 01:30:45 am »
Like I've said elsewhere, this is not a bug but a "feature" of the market engine. Because there are sell orders below the narrow range of [CALL LIMIT, MARGIN CALL PRICE] the call orders will not execute. I'm showing them because I believe this behaviour is crazy and that margin called orders should be allowed to buy at a fair price, that is to say below their call limit.

If everyone who has sell orders below the call limit (in red from ~34 to 43.51637 in that picture) would now cancel their orders, the sells inside the range [CALL LIMIT, MARGIN CALL PRICE] would fill instantly, so the orders are there, it's just weird mechanics of the market engine making them not execute.

I agree it is a feature, but could it only be displayed when the orders are valid for execution? An order which cannot be executed by the market engine isn't a valid order and therefore shouldn't be displayed. At some point it may become valid, at that point it is appropriate to display it.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2015, 05:08:48 am »
svk,
The last GUI (BitShares-light_2.15.288) is so bad in the light wallet...I had to downgrade... seriously the ability to actual click on the 'update your position' is kind of important- so it kind have to fit in the window...if you do want to do something with it ,that is.

PS
Anybody has any idea if the idiotic browser the light client is running inside of , has anything that  can do ctrl+/-?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:17:59 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.