Author Topic: Witness Communication Platform (Brownie Quest--Completed by @Cube!)  (Read 19978 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
(bump) ;)

Ya'll are so close!  What's it going to take to wrap this up?!  Ham radio?   :P

julian1

What about baking a Trollbox function into the client?

Offline Thom

Latest update:

Telegram (suggest as a primary channel)

1) BTS Witness Alerts channel created in Telegram.  This channel is NOT for chat but important announcements and alerts only.
2) Bitshares_Witnesses channel Telegram.  This channel is for discusion on issues the witnesses face and a place to get guidance. 

spartako has creaed a wonderful alert+status bot.

Slack (suggest as a backup)

1) #witness.  This channel is NOT for chat but important announcements and alerts only.
2) #general  This channel is for discusion on issues the witnesses face and a place to get guidance. 

rnglab and spartako are working integration with github and porting bot over

Most of the active witnesses (and a few other non-active ones) are registered in both Telegram and Slack, except:

1) pc not in Telegram - I just sent him an invite a moment ago. Waiting for his response
2) Thom not in Slack - He is not accepting it (because of no alert bot) for now
3) Holytransaction not in Slack - I sent him invite earlier. Waiting for his response
3) maqifrnswa not in both - I sent him invite earlier. Waiting for his response
4) delegated-proof-of-steak not in both - (dev?? with unknown contact)
5) delegate.btsnow not in both (dev)

The responses from the witnesses are very good and I was pleasantly surprised.

That is my primary reason, secondary is just one more platform to stay chained to, plus the point is to be in touch as much as possible 24x7, and the phone is only way to do that for me. A slack website is not practical on the phone for quick, important info exchange. For casual, non-time critical comm it would be fine I'm sure.

1 - bitsharestalk forum for, well - it's our history, database
2- mumble for real time voice / chat
3- Telegram for fast comm, integrated with real time witness activity
4- slack for ??????????? Why slack?

Is there not one platform to handle at least 3 out of 4 in this list?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

but it is about staying informed and in the decided communication channels that are most efficient.. this is critical.. so voting people in or out whom refuse to stay informed to me is most productive in ensuring all witnesses are on the same page.. especially during these early stages.

Of course I fully agree with that. But this quote is saying something completely different than "vote out all witnesses who're not on telegram".

Sorry for the misunderstanding.. my follow up explanation was really the nuance of what I meant. Whatever system is agreed on should become the standard and if witnesses don't join in then should impact their votes to ensure 100% witness participation.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

Latest update:

1) BTS Witness Alerts channel created in Telegram.  This channel is NOT for chat but important announcements and alerts only.
2) Bitshares_Witnesses channel Telegram.  This channel is for discusion on issues the witnesses face and a place to get guidance. 

1) #witness.  This channel is NOT for chat but important announcements and alerts only.
2) #general  This channel is for discusion on issues the witnesses face and a place to get guidance. 

Most of the active witnesses (and a few other non-active ones) are registered in both Telegram and Slack, except:

1) pc not in Telegram - I just sent him an invite a moment ago. Waiting for his response
3) Holytransaction not in Slack - I sent him invite earlier. Waiting for his response

Getting closer! 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Latest update:

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline checkrasier

• View Profile
witness id - 1.6.44
witness name - checkraiser
bts talk id - checkraiser

How to get added to telegram group? 

telegram handle is @checkraiser

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
witness id - witness name - bts talk id
1.6.35 - in.abit - abit
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
Can we agree on a first step? Let's collect all witness' forum handles. From there we can, at the very least, notify them of this thread..

I'll start:

<forum name>: <witness name>
roadscape: roadscape

Hope it is not too late.

<forum name> : <witness name>
ffwong :  dragonball

witness id: 1.6.46

Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
emski: emski
If I'm not late for the party ("id": "1.6.36")

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
but it is about staying informed and in the decided communication channels that are most efficient.. this is critical.. so voting people in or out whom refuse to stay informed to me is most productive in ensuring all witnesses are on the same page.. especially during these early stages.

Of course I fully agree with that. But this quote is saying something completely different than "vote out all witnesses who're not on telegram".
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fuzzy

I'm not familiar with telegram, that's why I'm not there. Like Thom, I prefer to not have too many communication channels.

I like roadscape's idea of using this forum with its email-notifications.

And I find DSN's suggestion to simply vote everyone out who's not on telegram extremely counterproductive. Being a good witness encompasses more than being able to use some messenger app, IMO.
Your right it's not about using some messenger app.. but it is about staying informed and in the decided communication channels that are most efficient.. this is critical.. so voting people in or out whom refuse to stay informed to me is most productive in ensuring all witnesses are on the same page.. especially during these early stages.

it is indeed critical...thus the quest. :)
wouldn't an rss feed (though slower than slack) be something most all people would be comfortable utilizing?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I'm not familiar with telegram, that's why I'm not there. Like Thom, I prefer to not have too many communication channels.

And I find DSN's suggestion to simply vote everyone out who's not on telegram extremely counterproductive. Being a good witness encompasses more than being able to use some messenger app, IMO.
Your right it's not about using some messenger app.. but it is about staying informed and in the decided communication channels that are most efficient.. this is critical.. so voting people in or out whom refuse to stay informed to me is most productive in ensuring all witnesses are on the same page.. especially during these early stages.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fuzzy

thanks to all of you.  great input everyone.  this quest is still active to my knowledge. 

Can have what @datasecuritynode and @thom were talking about? 
telegram with skype as a backup?  We can make the slack private and use its instant notifications.