Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 53941 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
So we'll get merchants. How about users?
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Merchants can be the users, immediately converting to bitAssets, however I wouldn't bet much on that. It's awesome they can accept that as a form of payment but for that, someone must be willing to pay using those bitassets. To get people to use them would cost a fortune in marketing and education
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Merchants can be the users, immediately converting to bitAssets, however I wouldn't bet much on that. It's awesome they can accept that as a form of payment but for that, someone must be willing to pay using those bitassets. To get people to use them would cost a fortune in marketing and education

I think the mobile wallets will help most with getting more users.

The biggest thing that concerns me is the smartcoins' pegs. But, with btsbots and what Blocktrades is working on right now, I have high hopes that In the coming weeks our smartcoins will get much tighter. I really don't know of any other way to make our smartcoins any better.

Smartcoins and POS go hand in hand IMO, it's the main thing Smartcoins should be used for. Buying stuff and not worrying so much about volatility.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile

The biggest thing that concerns me is the smartcoins' pegs. But, with btsbots and what Blocktrades is working on right now, I have high hopes that In the coming weeks our smartcoins will get much tighter. I really don't know of any other way to make our smartcoins any better.

Smartcoins and POS go hand in hand IMO, it's the main thing Smartcoins should be used for. Buying stuff and not worrying so much about volatility.

It just needs to get rolling and the peg will (or should) naturally form. It's like you said, at the beggining we just need to buy some stuff here and there and try not to worry much about the peg. As soon as they have utility which they will have now, thing should go into place. btw check your pms
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yvv

• View Profile

I would not worry about "smart"coin on place of merchant. I would issue my own coin, which is fully backed by my business.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I would not worry about "smart"coin on place of merchant. I would issue my own coin, which is fully backed by my business.

..which the Smartcoins POS supports by default. I have it set so that the code just loops through all of the (active) Smartcoins that have Holders >0 and Feed Price >0 and NOT “Settled” and sort them by name ascending.

In the POS settings, the merchant can also select a UIA that they would like to issue and accept (great for "rewards cards"). We loop through all of the (active) User-Issued Assets (UIA’s) that have Holders >3 and sort them by name ascending. For example:

(  ) OPENBTC (asset['options']['description'])
(  ) OPENDASH (asset['options']['description'])
(  ) MARRIOT.REWARDS (asset['options']['description'])
(x) STARBUCKS.REWARD (Cash in your Starbucks rewards for discounts!)
     [    ] STARBUCKS.REWARD for every $[           ] spent (over any timeframe).

This way, each time a customer buys something, the code can automatically issue some of their UIA to the customer after their purchase has been completed. The merchant can set how many to send and base it on amounts spent.

The mobile wallets of course incorporate this into the send and receive screens as you can see.

Please help support the OPENPOS token, I would really like to have these POS systems done by March!
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yvv

• View Profile

..which the Smartcoins POS supports by default. I have it set so that the code just loops through all of the (active) Smartcoins that have Holders >0 and Feed Price >0 and NOT “Settled” and sort them by name ascending.

In the POS settings, the merchant can also select a UIA that they would like to issue and accept (great for "rewards cards"). We loop through all of the (active) User-Issued Assets (UIA’s) that have Holders >3 and sort them by name ascending. For example:

(  ) OPENBTC (asset['options']['description'])
(  ) OPENDASH (asset['options']['description'])
(  ) MARRIOT.REWARDS (asset['options']['description'])
(x) STARBUCKS.REWARD (Cash in your Starbucks rewards for discounts!)
     [    ] STARBUCKS.REWARD for every $[           ] spent (over any timeframe).

This way, each time a customer buys something, the code can automatically issue some of their UIA to the customer after their purchase has been completed. The merchant can set how many to send and base it on amounts spent.

The mobile wallets of course incorporate this into the send and receive screens as you can see.

Please help support the OPENPOS token, I would really like to have these POS systems done by March!

This is an extremely good job, I admit.  +5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
This is an extremely good job, I admit.  +5%

Thank you [member=40079]yvv[/member] :)

also...

OPENPOS is now live on the DEx!! 8)
  • OPENPOS : BTS
  • OPENPOS : USD
  • OPENPOS : CNY
  • OPENPOS : BTC
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The old delete button was bugging me so I moved it and a new edit button to the main contacts screen to reduce the number of taps needed. Tapping the trash can of course pops up a confirmation dialog first.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
We're on the contacts section so it's black and underlined. Finder and Exchange are other sections that we're currently not seeing so they're grey. Why is "balances" black too? I think it should be grey as well?

I'm by no means any expert but since I studied it I always try to do a quick evaluation with the 10 Heuristics of Nielson
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/ten-usability-heuristics/

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Grey links indicate a feature that is not yet enabled. 
LOTS of UI work still be done. I will release alpha 8 version on friday.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
To upgrade:
  • Download alpha 8 release: http://bitshares-munich.de/bitshares-wallet/BitSharesWallet-v1-alpha8.apk
  • Install it right over the top of alpha 7 release
  • Write down your Brainkey (in Settings screen) and TRIPLE CHECK you wrote it down correctly!!
  • Uninstall the wallet completely (not really necessary, but right now it's the easiest way to clean up unused files)
  • Install alpha 8 again from scratch
  • Tap on Existing accounts and then tap on the first link in the following screen to type in your brainkey
  • Give it a few minutes to sync up and bring in all your balances and transactions
  • Done. This week we are doing even more UI work, upgrading the Contacts screen, etc :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline bitacer

To upgrade:
  • Download alpha 8 release: http://bitshares-munich.de/bitshares-wallet/BitSharesWallet-v1-alpha8.apk
  • Write down your Brainkey (in Settings screen) and TRIPLE CHECK you wrote it down correctly!!
  • Uninstall the wallet completely (not really necessary, but right now it's the easiest way to clean up unused files)
  • Tap on Existing accounts and then tap on the first link in the following screen to type in your brainkey
  • Give it a few minutes to sync up and bring in all your balances and transactions
  • Done. This week we are doing even more UI work, upgrading the Contacts screen, etc :)

Translations ?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Translations ?

Yep. Some, but not all. Still copying them out of the spreadsheet and into the json files. Will have more of them done this week too.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline onceuponatime

To upgrade:

I'm not trying to be deliberately obtuse, but I can't find a "Settings scree" in my wallet.

Where to look?