Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 103823 times)

Offline Fox

Done.
I also included the links and info to cryptofresh. Let's see what the big cheese says now, as usual I'll keep you guys filled in.
I can understand how demoralizing and time consuming this has been with Apple. Thanks for continuing to push it.
Witness: fox

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The (lightning fast) Smartcoins Wallet v1.0.0 (android native) will be done by June 1st. Please lmk your thoughts.. Here is a sneak peek:

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Done.
I also included the links and info to cryptofresh. Let's see what the big cheese says now, as usual I'll keep you guys filled in.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
aaaaand their latest reply via email just now:
Code: [Select]

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your time on the phone today.

As we discussed, your app facilitates the transmission of a virtual currency that is not approved for the App Store. In order for your currency to be considered the market cap would need to be very large.

You may submit an appeal to the App Review Board. Please allow up to one business day for an initial response from the App Review Board.

Please feel free to contact me at +1-408-974-2992 between 8AM-5PM Pacific Daylight Time if you need further clarification.

Best regards,
Bill
App Store Review

same old blah blah blah, back to square 1 in other words, a run-around.

I understand where Apple is coming from.  There are hundreds of coins out there and I'm guessing they do not have the man power to vet all of them.  Perhaps you could supply them with a short report that address's some of their concerns.

-Use cryptofresh to demonstrate the amount of transactions being made and orders being filled.  Show them people use this already and would use it even more if the app was available to apple customers.
-Talk about how long bitshares has been around with 0 security issues.  Talk about the stability and decentralization that bts has achieved.

What Apple is worried about is that a customer uses the wallet and then somehow loses their money or virtual currency due to an unsecure blockchain or bug.  It's a valid reason for them not to approve the currency.

Also you need to consider that Apple makes money from in app purchases.  This gives them an incentive to allow the apps.  Does the bts wallet offer anything like this?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
aaaaand their latest reply via email just now:
Code: [Select]

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your time on the phone today.

As we discussed, your app facilitates the transmission of a virtual currency that is not approved for the App Store. In order for your currency to be considered the market cap would need to be very large.

You may submit an appeal to the App Review Board. Please allow up to one business day for an initial response from the App Review Board.

Please feel free to contact me at +1-408-974-2992 between 8AM-5PM Pacific Daylight Time if you need further clarification.

Best regards,
Bill
App Store Review

same old blah blah blah, back to square 1 in other words, a run-around.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
ok, so Apple's app store approvals manager just called me. no name given.
Bitshares is not an "approved currency" and will never be looked at until our "market cap is in the tens of millions" he said. Seriously, those were his exact words, verbatim. I said but but but... I see little po-dunk race car games in the app store that will never see a download in their lifetime and yet those are all being approved, I am very curious as to why we have to be valued in the "tens of millions" before we will be "considered".

Honestly guys, I am very sorry, but I have had it with Apple for a while. I have spent way too many hours trying to appease these people and must move on to our other projects. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Isn't bitshares market cap in the "tens of millions"?

i seriously doubt this bs has anything to do with us being an approved currency, or having the proper legal rights, or having enough market cap blah blah blah whatever they can think up next. i think this has everything to do with competition and their damn apple pay crap.

even Mycelium got pulled from their App Store I think:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios-finance/id6015?mt=8&letter=M&page=20#page
and from Mycelium themselves:
"forgiving us the geeky UI, the nerdy UX and the missing iOS version"
https://wallet.mycelium.com/Mycelium_Crowdsale_PR.pdf

something's up. maybe we have encryption (like they mentioned) that they can't control. maybe they want a stake in the bts blockchain. maybe they only go through Agents to get new apps like ours approved. maybe.. maybe.. maybe... ~tin foil hat~
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Bitshares is not an "approved currency" and will never be looked at until our "market cap is in the tens of millions" he said. Seriously, those were his exact words, verbatim. I said but but but... I see little po-dunk race car games in the app store that will never see a download in their lifetime and yet those are all being approved, I am very curious as to why we have to be valued in the "tens of millions" before we will be "considered".

Honestly guys, I am very sorry, but I have had it with Apple for a while. I have spent way too many hours trying to appease these people and must move on to our other projects. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Isn't bitshares market cap in the "tens of millions"?

Offline yvv

• View Profile
What a stupid platform it is if you need an approval of some idiots to put your program onto it!!!

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Thanks for trying!

I hate these stupid gatekeepers. Apple users get what they deserve - only they aren't even aware of it... :-(
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
yep, I already offered to change the name of the wallet, but they are standing firm on that the remaining problem with the denial is that Bitshares (regardless of which blockchain or token name we are on/using) is not an "approved currency" of Apple. this is why after the half an hour of back and forth with the guy I asked to please escalate this to the manager approval person. from my understanding, even Mycelium was removed for some reason, so I seriously doubt this has anything to do with Bitshares being an approved currency as they say. I am guessing this has everything to do with perceived competition. Apple Pay really should take a look at what we have to offer instead of fighting what we offer. Hmmm, this gives me an idea..
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Fox

[...]
Apple finally called me today, I kept them on the phone for nearly 30 minutes, but alas I could not convince them that the name Bitshares was just a token on a blockchain like Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc. They are standing firm that Bitshares is "not an approved currency", so, I said since we are not able to change the name of our token to anything else and the blockchain cannot be modified, I have asked to speak with the manager of the department so that our tokens can "be approved" by Apple.
[...]

I'll offer the following guidance for your upcoming conversation with with the Apple manager: BitShares is the name of the Blockchain that the app connects to. The native token of BitShares is BTS. There are many bitcoin wallets on offer in the App Store. This offering is not any different.

I'm not sure how you are naming the app, but you may consider a product name with the description BitShares wallet: "Foo - BitShares Wallet"

Best,
Fox
Witness: fox

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Smartcoins POS for Odoo now has the rewards card features complete, just need to do some more UI tweaks to it now:
https://youtu.be/sOiKmYqrm-c?list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

Apple finally called me today, I kept them on the phone for nearly 30 minutes, but alas I could not convince them that the name Bitshares was just a token on a blockchain like Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc. They are standing firm that Bitshares is "not an approved currency", so, I said since we are not able to change the name of our token to anything else and the blockchain cannot be modified, I have asked to speak with the manager of the department so that our tokens can "be approved" by Apple. Awaiting that guy's call next. This sucks man cuz I have another wallet, and the smartcoins pos standalone app that I want to get into the apple app store, so will they deny all 3 now? If I do not get anywhere with this manager guy, then I will have to hire a professional to get our apps into the apple app store.

soooo... Please check out our OPENPOS token....
Thank you for your patience guys, I am doing everything I can to get us in their app store.

FTFY - Please BUY the OPENPOS token to gain exposure to the profits generated from ODOO 

Offline karnal

• View Profile
^^ I applaud you ken, for staying strong (and serious) in the face of such idiocy ...