Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 103796 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
@kenCode probably this has been answered already...Buying OPENPOS token is what? a donation to the project or there is a business plan whereby OpenPOS holders earn future revenue from the transactions? If there is a business plan can you elaborate more?
thanks

They promise to buy back their tokens if they will ever make any profit. It is safe to think of it as of donation. Unlike some other crowdfunding tokens, this one is worth to support, since they are doing very important things for BTS echosystem. Will this project be successful or not, we will see soon.

Offline Riverhead

Installed and running! Looks great! Now to send it some funds.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
@kenCode probably this has been answered already...Buying OPENPOS token is what? a donation to the project or there is a business plan whereby OpenPOS holders earn future revenue from the transactions? If there is a business plan can you elaborate more?
thanks

OPENPOS tokens are for the developement of a mobile wallet and integration of smartcoins in Odoo merchant terminals.  Odoo users will then be able to download the smartcoin app and start accepting smart coins.  Everytime Odoo does a smartcoin transaction, a 0.5% to 1% fee is charged.  50% of these fee's are used to buyback OPENPOS tokens.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The cleanest way to upgrade in these alpha stages:
  • Download alpha 10 release: http://bitshares-munich.de/bitshares-wallet/BitSharesWallet-v1-alpha10.apk
  • Install it right over the top of any prior alpha release
  • Write down your Brainkey (in Settings screen) and TRIPLE CHECK you wrote it down correctly!!
  • Uninstall the wallet completely (not really necessary, but right now it's the easiest way to clean up unused files)
  • Install alpha 10 again from scratch
  • Tap on Existing accounts and then tap on the first link in the following screen to type in your brainkey
  • Give it a few minutes to sync up and bring in all your balances and transactions
  • Done. I hope to have these (droid/iOS/Win) wallets out of alpha and into beta for the masses in the next 7-10 days. Wish us luck! :)

goin to bed now..
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
thanks

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx so much @lil_jay890 :)
I'll try to get the alpha10 release of the mobile wallet uploaded here in an hour or so too before I go to bed.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
We got the connection to Blocktrades working tonight so that now all POS systems can also accept Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash and the other top cryptos. This weekend will be doing a lot of UI cleanup. Will get the eReceipts and QR codes going next week and begin the customer/shopper screens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOYG408ohg&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0&index=6

Great job Ken.  I'm glad I'm invested in this project.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We got the connection to Blocktrades working tonight so that now all POS systems can also accept Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash and the other top cryptos. This weekend will be doing a lot of UI cleanup. Will get the eReceipts and QR codes going next week and begin the customer/shopper screens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOYG408ohg&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0&index=6
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
right, but many more mobile wallets will be released after ours I'm sure.

how hard would it be to get the Witnesses to offer this level of service. i could code it so that the mobile wallets send a flag to the Witnesses saying "hey, i'm a mobile device, please filter out the big shit so my data plan isn't exhausted!" thoughts..?

let's encourage some other devs to make mobile wallets too...
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline svk

nothing you can do on your end since you have to receive the data before you can filter it ..
No there is, what I'm saying is he needs to filter the outgoing data from the witness node using a proxy server. A node websocket server using socket.io should do the trick. He would need to host his own witness_node then obviously.

So, I would need to have the mobile wallets all connect to one dedicated witness node? Could we just have a few/all of the Witnesses provide this as an option to their service? So, for mobile clients, the Witnesses will only serve up just the filtered stuff? Heck, this might be a great value-add for all Witnesses, no? Many more mobile wallets will be released after our I'm sure. Thoughts?

You don't connect to Witnesses, you connect to servers running the witness_node executable, such as wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws. If you're serious about this mobile wallet you should probably provide such an API server yourself. If on the other hand you want to pay for that service you could probably find someone to do it for you..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
nothing you can do on your end since you have to receive the data before you can filter it ..
No there is, what I'm saying is he needs to filter the outgoing data from the witness node using a proxy server. A node websocket server using socket.io should do the trick. He would need to host his own witness_node then obviously.

So, I would need to have the mobile wallets all connect to one dedicated witness node? Could we just have a few/all of the Witnesses provide this as an option to their service? So, for mobile clients, the Witnesses will only serve up just the filtered stuff? Heck, this might be a great value-add for all Witnesses, no? Many more mobile wallets will be released after our I'm sure. Thoughts?
Sounds like a paid service? Interesting..
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Smartcoins POS for Odoo - Milestone 1 of 5 completed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMECm8bqKaE&index=5&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

I'll try to have Milestone 2 of 5 done in the next couple weeks.

In the meantime, mobile wallets alpha 9 release will be out this friday (in 2 days), see comments above for details.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
ah snap, so then maybe we need to add something to the settings screen that forces wifi conn first, then if enabled, will try for mobile conn as a backup.

seriously there's no way to reduce the data usage at all then? :-X
www.PalmPay.chat