Author Topic: [ANN] New Money project & SOLCERT token  (Read 59386 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Question 4:

So the funds raised in the pre-sale and the ICO will be used to launch the Kickstarter. I'm with you on this so far.   Since all ~9 million tokens are already issued, what exactly are you selling during the kickstarter and how does that benefit existing token holders?

Scenario:

6 million sold during presale
3 million (slightly less) sold during ICO
What is offered during the kickstarter and how does that affect the presale holders.

These 9 million tokens represent just a tiny fraction of the total tokens that may be issued. So expect many millions of new tokens to be issued for the kickstarter.

SoLCerts is an example of using a token to represent a portion of the 1 trillion SSS Sollar bond fund. 10,000,000 SSS Sollar bonds will be represented through this (SoLCerts) token.

http://newmoney.sollars.com/new-money-funding-series-part-4-solcerts/

Solcerts are not like Apple/Microsoft/Ethereum/BTS where you are buying limited tokens that will increase in value as the company increases in value.

Solcerts are not like Bitcoin where new limited currency is created but provided adoption/demand is greater than new supply the tokens will increase in value with no ceiling. 

Solcerts are not like BitUSD which is unlimited based on market demand but is pegged to the dollar and backed by collateral.

At the end of the day a SOLCERT is a future Sollar. Sollars and Sense will be a stable unlimited supply coin

Your Solcert is a future Sollar. Sollars are a stable unlimited supply coin. (Pegged to & backed by nothing.)

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Hi Solomon,
Requesting clarificarion on #3 and also requesting how many are left on tier 6. Great to see such a positive response so far.

1q
There's a lot to read, I apologize if I'm the only one with these questions.

1.The money raised from the presale feeds into the Kickstarter. I got that from the documents. Is the ICO the next step before the Kickstarter or is that the actual ICO?
2. What advantages do the presale people have over the ICO and Kickstarter?

Hello TravelAsia. No problem buddy.

1. Yes the ICO/ITO is before the KickStarter. The KickStarter is a separate publicity/costumer acquisition crowdfunder on the consumer side of what we are doing. This is the way we will begin our journey to consolidating a mainstream audience onto our platform. The ITO is for the crypto-audience and allows us to create a stellar story of a grassroots movement starting from the bottom and like Drake said Now we are here  ;D

2. Price really and other possible loyalty stuff. But that is not guaranteed nor promised. For the most part it is price. Its the same as with Bitshares, Ethereum, and Bitcoin. The tiers are meant to mimic this. I bet the guy who bought a pizza with 6,000 Bitcoins is wishing he didnt today but the truth is he got lucky and got in when it was cheap but still made a stupid decision not to wait... I say that to say individuals should have patience. Just as Ethereum, we are going to go through major steps and transitions. This is not an overnight thing. No disruption of this size can be. But in the end we will try our best to reach a mainstream audience. And the chips will fall where they may.

#DontBeTheBitcoinPizzaGuy  :P

I appreciate your help. Ok, I'm with you so far, ready to take another step:

3. "Any remaining amounts of Solcerts not sold during the time of presale will be put up for sale on the base of an ICO presented in direct connection with mentioned presale and will be offered available on all major markets on OpenLedger."

Let's pretend Tiers 10-13 doesn't sell in the presale which equals 2 million. Could you please explain how that ICO will work?  Will it be offered at a fixed price starting at 20 BTS? I'm trying to understand how it'll differ from the pre-sale.

I've been helping spread links through social media under my Lisk Twitter.

Yes sir. Thank you for your patience.  :)

In terms of question 3 we are still in the process of figuring out the best way to go about the ICO. We never expected to be doing so well so soon so we want to be careful in configuring this process. Fixed price may be used but we are still figuring out the logistics of it all. If you have any concerns or would like to offer your opinion on how things should be run please dont hesitate to reach out to Ronny. Thank you again TravelAsia for your participation.

You are doing a great job, it's making it easier for me to answer questions as I spread the word. Ok, makes sense on the ICO. The only thing I ask (which was already addressed) is the next phase of funding doesn't undercut the guys that took the chance on investing earlier.

Question 4:

So the funds raised in the pre-sale and the ICO will be used to launch the Kickstarter. I'm with you on this so far.   Since all ~9 million tokens are already issued, what exactly are you selling during the kickstarter and how does that benefit existing token holders?

Scenario:

What is offered during the kickstarter and how does that affect the presale holders.

Thank you very much for taking the time.

Great question and no worries  :D

So the KickStarter is in no way meant for crypto-currency enthusiasts. It is meant only for the mainstream consumer market and will be geared towards what they can understand. What is being offered is Sollars and Sense: Smart Money plus other gifts in exchange for their pledges. We will be working with the professional marketing companies to craft these gift tiers.

Consumers dont know anything about SOLCERTS or future DACs blockchains etc. And they won't unless they really want to. But most dont care about that aspect of this complex system. The only thing they need to know about is Sollars and Sense and how its working for their lives today on Sollywood TV. And that Bitshares various technologies are powering the system. Including the $ense.

And that is the unit they are buying into because they understand its going to help change their terrible Cable TV system. Put the final nail in its coffin so to speak. Americans want to see that VERY badly. All we need to do is convince them New Money can do it in the worst way  ;D

The KickStarter is being made to achieve that mission. So if we are successful their pledges essentially funds the systems second wave demand for Sollars. Yours and other early investors are the first. And we will build from here. You can always just share the 1st or 2nd video of the SOLCERT series or the Kickstarter videos on the New Money page if people want to know. Hope this helps  :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:56:19 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

TravelsAsia

Congratulations on launching your project Solomon and with your collaborations! Very very exciting! I don't have the funds to invest at this point but wish you the very best of luck.

Hey Ben! Thanks man! We've come a very long way.  :D

And still much more to go. But at least this time its with friends and comrades. Don't worry about it. Your words of encouragement are good enough! Its tough for one to put their vision out there, but honestly I'm very grateful to the Bitshares community coming behind this project in the way that it has.

Our overall image to the rest of the crypto-community is changing. A lot of us can feel it. People are genuinely interested in what we are doing and being civil with this project. They are asking more and more about Bitshares. Makes me happy because it is proving my original thesis out. That sometimes its not about the tech but the entrepreneur or people behind it.

With that let's stay positive and show the wider crypto-community that THIS is how you reach a mainstream audience. Not with Blockchain but with $ense #PoweredByBitshares #OnlyAtBitshares #OriginalRockStarDelegate

Yeah, Bitshares, Bitcoin, Ethereum it's all technology untill we have products that people really care. That's why entrepreneurs are standing up to launch products and business people care about (Sollywood TV, Echo Apps, PeerTracks, M.A.S and more to come...). These projects will take bitshares in another level. Mainstream don't even care if it's powered by Bitshares, Bitcoin or Ethereum Blockchains.

+5% You are absolutely right. The platform is the base but it's the entrepreneurs that are going drive the adoption.

TravelsAsia

Hi Solomon,
Requesting clarificarion on #3 and also requesting how many are left on tier 6. Great to see such a positive response so far.

1q

1.The money raised from the presale feeds into the Kickstarter. I got that from the documents. Is the ICO the next step before the Kickstarter or is that the actual ICO?

1. Yes the ICO/ITO is before the KickStarter. The KickStarter is a separate publicity/costumer acquisition crowdfunder on the consumer side of what we are doing. This is the way we will begin our journey to consolidating a mainstream audience onto our platform. The ITO is for the crypto-audience and allows us to create a stellar story of a grassroots movement starting from the bottom and like Drake said Now we are here  ;D

2. Price really and other possible loyalty stuff. But that is not guaranteed nor promised. For the most part it is price. Its the same as with Bitshares, Ethereum, and Bitcoin. The tiers are meant to mimic this. I bet the guy who bought a pizza with 6,000 Bitcoins is wishing he didnt today but the truth is he got lucky and got in when it was cheap but still made a stupid decision not to wait... I say that to say individuals should have patience. Just as Ethereum, we are going to go through major steps and transitions. This is not an overnight thing. No disruption of this size can be. But in the end we will try our best to reach a mainstream audience. And the chips will fall where they may.

3. "Any remaining amounts of Solcerts not sold during the time of presale will be put up for sale on the base of an ICO presented in direct connection with mentioned presale and will be offered available on all major markets on OpenLedger."

Let's pretend Tiers 10-13 doesn't sell in the presale which equals 2 million. Could you please explain how that ICO will work?  Will it be offered at a fixed price starting at 20 BTS? I'm trying to understand how it'll differ from the pre-sale.

In terms of question 3 we are still in the process of figuring out the best way to go about the ICO. We never expected to be doing so well so soon so we want to be careful in configuring this process. Fixed price may be used but we are still figuring out the logistics of it all. If you have any concerns or would like to offer your opinion on how things should be run please dont hesitate to reach out to Ronny. Thank you again TravelAsia for your participation.

You are doing a great job, it's making it easier for me to answer questions as I spread the word. Ok, makes sense on the ICO. The only thing I ask (which was already addressed) is the next phase of funding doesn't undercut the guys that took the chance on investing earlier.

Question 4:

Scenario:

Thank you very much for taking the time. I will also move all these answers over to the Bitcointalk thread.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:36:05 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline pam2

• View Profile
Congratulations on launching your project Solomon and with your collaborations! Very very exciting! I don't have the funds to invest at this point but wish you the very best of luck.

And still much more to go. But at least this time its with friends and comrades. Don't worry about it. Your words of encouragement are good enough! Its tough for one to put their vision out there, but honestly I'm very grateful to the Bitshares community coming behind this project in the way that it has.

Our overall image to the rest of the crypto-community is changing. A lot of us can feel it. People are genuinely interested in what we are doing and being civil with this project. They are asking more and more about Bitshares. Makes me happy because it is proving my original thesis out. That sometimes its not about the tech but the entrepreneur or people behind it.

With that let's stay positive and show the wider crypto-community that THIS is how you reach a mainstream audience. Not with Blockchain but with $ense #PoweredByBitshares #OnlyAtBitshares #OriginalRockStarDelegate

Yeah, Bitshares, Bitcoin, Ethereum it's all technology untill we have products that people really care. That's why entrepreneurs are standing up to launch products and business people care about (Sollywood TV, Echo Apps, PeerTracks, M.A.S and more to come...). These projects will take bitshares in another level. Mainstream don't even care if it's powered by Bitshares, Bitcoin or Ethereum Blockchains.   

Hi Solomon,

1q

If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

TravelsAsia

Hi Solomon,

1q

Happy to announce Tier 5 is now officially closed! :D

Thank you to all who are continuing to support this project. It is because of individuals like you that WE will succeed. Not me. WE. Remember to let everyone know about this Powered By Bitshares project. The more people know about this movement into the mainstream (with a currency your grandma understands) the better.

#LetsMakeSense #SollarsandSense #NewMoney #ThankYou

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:18:24 am by SolomonSollarsNSense »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
A 50x price difference between first and last tier and price is already at 2x after 1 week. How is this fair distribution?

It is as "fair" as any pyramid. By buying their tokens you help to return investments to those who bought earlier than you. If some silly idiots will wish to buy later than you, you may return your investment.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

TravelsAsia

A 50x price difference between first and last tier and price is already at 2x after 1 week. How is this fair distribution?

I can't speak for the company, but I can speak as an investor. For those of us who invested early, there was a lot of uncertainty if this would go anywhere. We took a huge gamble with a lot less information. My first purchase was early, but under 1 Bitcoin.  As the PR started to come out, I was more comfortable with the investment.  I believe the same will be the case for future investors.  They also benefit from earlier investors pushing it through social media.   I wish I was part of the first 2 tiers, unfortunately, I didn't find out until the third. I'm focused on the now rather than the what could have been. That's my take on it, Sol might see it differently.

Invested early? So when did the first tier sale started?

I got in on tier 3 for my first purchase. I don't know when it started, I just saw the first 2 tiers crossed out on the OP and decided to participate at that point. Tier 3 was early for me, I typically wait much longer (like I did with Obits). I do wish I heard Sol speak about it back on Feb 12th (audio below). it's hard to keep a pulse on all the things happening in the crypto community.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/e133

Starts 1hr 33min
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:03:23 am by TravelsAsia »

TravelsAsia

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:40:30 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

I can't speak for the company, but I can speak as an investor. For those of us who invested early, there was a lot of uncertainty if this would go anywhere. We took a huge gamble with a lot less information. My first purchase was early, but under 1 Bitcoin.  As the PR started to come out, I was more comfortable with the investment.  I believe the same will be the case for future investors.  They also benefit from earlier investors pushing it through social media.   I wish I was part of the first 2 tiers, unfortunately, I didn't find out until the third. I'm focused on the now rather than the what could have been. That's my take on it, Sol might see it differently.

Invested early? So when did the first tier sale started?

TravelsAsia