Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] - A bounty based smartcoin marketing campaign  (Read 43076 times)

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Just some example based on global traffic on websites according to alexa.

global rank

~4.700 Bittrex volume  $27 Million
~6.000 Poloniex volume  $29 Million
~7.300 Yobit volume  $15 Million
~13.000 kraken volume  $120 Million
~13.000 upbit volume  $151 Million
~28.000 gate.io volume  $36 Million
~34.000 livecoin volume  $10 Million
~46.000 btc alpha volume    $3 Million

Now have a look at the global traffic rank according to alexa of the proposed exchanges

~170.000 Sistemkoin $59 Million
~No Data IDAX  $282 Million
~46.000 LAToken  $63 Million
~399.000 RightBTC  $126 Million
~46.000 Cointiger $115 Million

Based on that Data you can clearly see that non of the bottom exchanges could even compete with Livecoin.I would even claim all would even lose the comparing against BTC-Alpha massivly which has Rank 87 and a trading volume of $3 Million.

LaToken has a fake volume generated by the exchange itself + numerous complaints through listings reported in Japan.

What is the number and what is the reality are 2 completely different things, and I suggest before anyone proceed with burning the funds based on Google research without a single interaction with mentioned exchange or at least account with some more experience to be proved - just forget about it.

Most important thing, this was about listing of BitUSD and BitCNY, where USD is currently under BS and not eligible for any listing at all.

Doing nothing is the easiest way also the laziest way, unless you have better solution to provide more liquidity for bitCNY/bitUSD.

Start proper marketing instead overpaying exchange listing.
I'm currently not much online because of some offline activity.I will be back next week and will be publishing my own proposals which i created before.

How does it come i never heard about coinsuper before ?

Ahh i know
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/coinsuper.com

One of the smallest exchanges which exist with 99,9% fake volume and many bad reviews about insta dumping.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4939930.0
How much are you going to pay them ?If you want i will open tomorrow also a new exchange and will wash trade it to top 25 on CMC.
How many BTS are you going to pay me for listing bitcny on that exchange ?

I mean seriously you are playing with funds and don't even do your homework where you are going to list BTS or bitcny.

Thats the same like througing away BTS from the window.

bitCNY was rejected at the final step, as we don't have legal opinion letter for it
Any legit exchange will reject bitcny for the same reason.They demand legal opinion letters to list a coin.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:17:50 am by Thul3 »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Guys I can have bitCNY listed with 2-3 exchanges in the next month if we want - was this worker funded for any length of time?

Is there any BTS assigned to pay the bounty or for listing costs?

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

global rank

Now have a look at the global traffic rank according to alexa of the proposed exchanges

Based on that Data you can clearly see that non of the bottom exchanges could even compete with Livecoin.I would even claim all would even lose the comparing against BTC-Alpha massivly which has Rank 87 and a trading volume of $3 Million.

LaToken has a fake volume generated by the exchange itself + numerous complaints through listings reported in Japan.

What is the number and what is the reality are 2 completely different things, and I suggest before anyone proceed with burning the funds based on Google research without a single interaction with mentioned exchange or at least account with some more experience to be proved - just forget about it.

Most important thing, this was about listing of BitUSD and BitCNY, where USD is currently under BS and not eligible for any listing at all.

Doing nothing is the easiest way also the laziest way, unless you have better solution to provide more liquidity for bitCNY/bitUSD.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
I would like to update the status of the work on our side.

We contacted coinsuper exchange and prepared a lot of documents for listing bitCNY&BTS(thanks to the Foundation), however, bitCNY was rejected at the final step, as we don't have legal opinion letter for it, though they are interested in listing BTS itself. They recognized bitCNY as one kind of derivative, instead of utility token.

It's bad but it means it's more necessary to make bitCNY liquid on CEX ASAP, considering the more and more conservative regulatory environment all over the world, and more and more legal stable coin competitors (USDT USDC TUSD....)

We will move on to next exchange which has roughly same ranks with coinsuper.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher

global rank

Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline matle85

• View Profile
NAME:   bounty based smartcoin marketing campaign
WORKER HANDLER:   smartcoin-marketing (a committee owned account)
TOTAL:   9M BTS
DURATION:   2018/11/10 - 2019/2/7 (90 days)
DAILY PAY:   100K BTS
WORKER ID:   1.14.129

Hi Bitcrab, was this worker active for a period and what funds did it accumulate?

Everything is on hold now due to Refund 400k but if there are some funds for this we could proceed with a listing.

Offline iamredbar

At what point did "marketing Bitshares" become "listing BTS on more exchanges" ?

Listing a token in more places does not automatically increase its value and interest. 
  • It could actually decrease its value as exchanges hold large BTS holdings and they could get hacked, or front-run their users, or manipulate the posted price.

We already have gateways to move value in/out of our dex.

Please go back to advertising, and marketing bitshares ideas.  Like coindesk, etc.

One thing that I have been trying to do is use Twitter to share things that are going on in the ecosystem. The handle is @BTS_maximalist

Currently has ~900 followers.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

global rank

Nice job. If we have option between livecoin and for example coinsuper, then I will support livecoin, but we don't. The question is, if we have an opportunity to have coinsuper to list bitCNY, should we accept it or refuse it?

Depends on the bounty and price you need to pay.Cointiger won't make much real volume on bitcny and there should be always the question can these funds be used in a more effectiv way.
In my opinion there are currently many nice solutions which will have a way bigger effect for the same cost like listing on cointiger.
Exchanges like hitbt or bit-z would be nice but getting there is not as easy as the fake exchanges.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

global rank

Nice job. If we have option between livecoin and for example coinsuper, then I will support livecoin, but we don't. The question is, if we have an opportunity to have coinsuper to list bitCNY, should we accept it or refuse it?

Offline matle85

• View Profile

Nice way of looking at it - Alexa ranking should definitely be considered for exchanges we are looking at as a bit of a sanity check.

Actually gives some interesting info on where people are coming to Bitshares from as well.. DPOS.

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitshares.org

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
the point here is not "listing BTS in more CEX", but "open bitCNY/bitUSD markets in more CEX".
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline intelliguy

At what point did "marketing Bitshares" become "listing BTS on more exchanges" ?

Listing a token in more places does not automatically increase its value and interest. 
  • It could actually decrease its value as exchanges hold large BTS holdings and they could get hacked, or front-run their users, or manipulate the posted price.

We already have gateways to move value in/out of our dex.

Please go back to advertising, and marketing bitshares ideas.  Like coindesk, etc.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:43:48 am by intelliguy »
I'm @intelliguy on steemit. I usually get things right (or so they tell me), follow me there if you want to see more. Tips accepted to bitshares user: intelliguy-bts  (I'm a lifetime member because I trust in the Bitshares ecosystem)

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork

global rank

nice job..

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

global rank

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Why do you guys focus on top 50 CMC based exchanges.
Instead try real exchanges which are not top 50 CMC but with real history and real user base.

Have you got a list of non-top 50 exchanges fitting this category? Let's get in touch with them and get listed.