Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] - A bounty based smartcoin marketing campaign  (Read 43079 times)

Offline matle85

• View Profile
LATOKEN are consistently top 20/25 so bring profile and they have a decent ranking on Alexa which implies a good portion of the traffic/trading is legitimate.

Out of the top 50 exchanges there are periodic concerns with traffic/trading volumes.

The point here on this worker was to get us listed on some exchanges so that people start actually hearing what bitCNY/USD are.

I agree with Xeroc's point we should be specific with workers moving forward as here I had probably 5-6 options that satisfied the criteria back in Nov. Only one listing took place so far and that was for a non-top 50 exchange.

You have some power now as a proxy Thul to support/propose good workers that will add specific value to Bitshares as you see it - have you thought about what these will be or what you would like to see being proposed?

I think bounties are good, more specific and clear the criteria the better to avoid cases of disagreement among the community.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:39:40 am by matle85 »

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
On LAtoken .
4th highest BTC trading pair based on volume with 372 BTC 24h volume (REP token)

Somebody is going to explain to me that volume when there is only one single real sell order worth 0.01 BTC ?
At least its nice to see their wash trading bot how it works which is jumping from coin to coin.

XLM #2 on volume 2125 BTC . Check their buy order book.Its even impossible to sell $1000 worth of XLM without dropping the price by 50%

What liquidity or trading volume for bitassets are we talking here?

Liquidity of their BTC-USDT pair (volume 81k BTC) .Amount of BTC in sell orders from $5220 to $5320 is $2200 and all bot offers as they recaulculate each second

When people voted for this worker i doubt they meant this kind of top 50 CMC exchanges.

$14k bounty for an exchange with no liquidity begging to list coins is not something i support.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:33:50 am by Thul3 »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
To be clear - speaking to Jademont the view was to get one mid-range exchange closed and listed then use the remaining fee available for a top 10 exchange. LATOKEN would be the mid-range increasing visibility of bitCNY.

I'm assisting Thule in his discussions with HitBTC and am speaking to others (including Binance) about bitCNY separately.

I think listing bitCNY is a bit of a no brainer for the big exchanges once it is on their radar and they see trading volume elsewhere - it reduces their exposure to centralised coins and adds the Chinese currency to their stablecoin offering.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I disagree.
HitBTC is an exchange which is doable but it needs time and communication.I started together with matle85 to talk to HitBTC and they seem to be interrested but they are working slow.
Nobody even tried to contact HitBTC or any similar seize of exchange as it is way more difficult and more time consuming instead we got offers from exchanges which main income are listing fee's instead of trading fee's.
I get bombarded weekly with offers from IDAX,LAtoken,IDCM etc asking to list a coin on their exchange for a listing fee with discount.
I understand your disagreement and I would prefer high quality exchanges as well. All I am doing is trying to
follow the terms set forth by the OP that created the worker proposal and that was approved by voters.

Maybe we should learn from that and do *specific* workers next time. Get funding specifically for a listing on
any of the big exchanges. That gives the decision to the voters. Until then, I can only make a decision based
upon the conditions of the worker proposal and not based on my personal preference.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
@matle85 has created a transfer proposal for the smartcoin-marketing account which asks for ~800k of funding separated into listing fee and bounty for LATOKEN.

Re-reading the opening post, I believe it is too vague procedure wise. For instance, the bounty should be paid out separate from the listing fee (IMHO).
Additionally, I don't think we, as a community, are in a position where we can demand *more quality* exchanges to list BTS .. and *in particular* bitCNY and in
case of LATOKEN, i think the cost/benefit ratio is justify-able.

Hence, I will approve the proposal "1.10.26875"

I disagree.
HitBTC is an exchange which is doable but it needs time and communication.I started together with matle85 to talk to HitBTC and they seem to be interrested but they are working slow.
Nobody even tried to contact HitBTC or any similar seize of exchange as it is way more difficult and more time consuming instead we got offers from exchanges which main income are listing fee's instead of trading fee's.
I get bombarded weekly with offers from IDAX,LAtoken,IDCM etc asking to list a coin on their exchange for a listing fee with discount.

Here just from last week

Hello!
I'm Anna from LATOKEN Exchange. We are interested in listing your token at our Exchange ($450m daily trading volume). Please tell me whom I can talk to to discuss our offer?
Her telegram handle @anna_latoken .You can make a deal with her in 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:53:03 am by Thul3 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@matle85 has created a transfer proposal for the smartcoin-marketing account which asks for ~800k of funding separated into listing fee and bounty for LATOKEN.

Re-reading the opening post, I believe it is too vague procedure wise. For instance, the bounty should be paid out separate from the listing fee (IMHO).
Additionally, I don't think we, as a community, are in a position where we can demand *more quality* exchanges to list BTS .. and *in particular* bitCNY and in
case of LATOKEN, i think the cost/benefit ratio is justify-able.

Hence, I will approve the proposal "1.10.26875"

Offline matle85

• View Profile
[
guys I appreciate your work, now what I got is:

1.the worker is voted out and now there's only 1.62M BTS left.
2.seems LATOKEN is not a good choice?

so I think you can select CEXs from IDCM, Exrates, and also HotBit  and work on that following the process defined in this thread, make sure the left fund can cover the cost for listing.

LATOKEN option also available to committee for decision. PMs sent (for those I have details for) on telegram.

Offline ZBG_George

• View Profile
Hi,
I am a node from ZBG.com, ZBG exchange is ranking top 10 in the coinmarketcap (reported vol.) and  top 5 in the Coingecko. ZBG is the seventh-generation technology products developed by ZB team. It inherits the security advantages of original exchange system and fully supports the construction of the alliance trading platform. ZBG is the official flagship website of ZB Global, whose core team has operated one of the biggest global trading platforms for more than 5 years, and has gained hundreds of engineers and millions of active users.
ZBG is willing to list bitCNY and BTS, normally ZBG listing fee for per coin is as following website link, https://oss.zbg.com/file/listing.pdf. But If with 1million BTS coins budgets, I am confident to let ZBG listing 2 coins(BTS& BitCNY) and also listing in ZBM.com at the same time. ZBM.com is the ZBG alliance exchange in Singapore to target for STO, also base on seventh-generation technology products developed by ZB team.

Please tell me to talk to whom and how to go on next step.
The contact email:  vip@zbg.com
thanks.
Best Regards!

George   

Offline ZBG_George

• View Profile
Hi,
I am a node from ZBG.com, ZBG exchange is ranking top 10 in the coinmarketcap (reported vol.) and  top 5 in the Coingecko. ZBG is the seventh-generation technology products developed by ZB team. It inherits the security advantages of original exchange system and fully supports the construction of the alliance trading platform. ZBG is the official flagship website of ZB Global, whose core team has operated one of the biggest global trading platforms for more than 5 years, and has gained hundreds of engineers and millions of active users.
ZBG is willing to list bitCNY and BTS, normally ZBG listing fee for per coin is as following website link, https://oss.zbg.com/file/listing.pdf. But If with 1million BTS coins budgets, I am confident to let ZBG listing 2 coins(BTS& BitCNY) and also listing in ZBM.com at the same time. ZBM.com is the ZBG alliance exchange in Singapore to target for STO, also base on seventh-generation technology products developed by ZB team.

Please tell me to talk to whom and how to go on next step.
thanks.
Best Regards!
George

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Ranking below (for context bitshares.org is 205,590):

1. Exrates.me (Alexa = 124,793)
2. IDCM.io (Alexa = 418,843)
3. LATOKEN.com (Alexa = 31,954)
4. Hotbit.io (Alexa =  38,158)
5. IDAX (Alexa = 60,213)
6. RightBTC (Alexa = 407,324)

IDAX is > 4* as expensive so we can rule that option out.

Traffic wise LATOKEN actually looks good. Let me know what it says for them, Hotbit and Exrates on feixiahohao.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:04:00 pm by matle85 »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Hi Thul - how unexpected that you're the first to reply ;)

Can you check feixiaohao.com for the following:

1. Exrates.me.
2. IDCM - done, details can be added.
3. LATOKEN
4. Hotbit
5. IDAX
6. RightBTC

I have listing options for all the above ready. I'll just check them on Alexa now so we can have some ranking review/discussion.

I am discussing separately with a top 5.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:00:00 pm by matle85 »

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
IDCM is even worse than BIKI.

Alexa rank 420k (no traffic at all) for idcm.io which isn't working for me from 3 diffrent places. idcm.cc is working but has a rank of 2200000 on alexa

Many scam accusations and lawsuits because of hacking (They got a very bad security reputation and are also sued by a crypto foundation because of that)

They claim to be a chinese exchange based in HK but main traffic is HK,Nigeria,Vietnam,India,Turkey

Opinion on feixiaohao.com bad 1 1/2 star from 5.

Any other shitexchange has better parameters than that exchange.

Did you monitored their main trading pairs BTC/USDT and ETH/USDT ?
Big spread between sell and buy order so high that i highly doubt there is any significant volume at all.You can see the wash trading each second being executed.The diffrence between buy and sell order on BTC is $60
The worst part is the exchange itself seems to be very buggy.
When going to ETH/USDT or EOS/USDT pair it was switching prices each second from BTC to ETH and back to BTC.

I can't imagine bitshares which is trying to deliver highest security to its users to pay for a listing to such an exchange.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:32:36 am by Thul3 »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Hi all, proposal raised against smartcoin-committee for listing fee for IDCM. Listing agreement has been modified/agreed with BBF and IDCM ready for signature. No funds will be released to IDCM until listing agreement is signed by them.

Committee members have been contacted individually and provided with details.

If anyone wants to ask me anything just get in touch on telegram @matle85.

Thanks.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
7\ Get funded from account "smartcoin-marketing". This account is multisignatured by the committee.(two days)

I checked on-chain, the payout of that has already happen. The description of that worker is quite clear when bounty payments should happen.

@ripplexiaoshan and at all committee members: Can you please comment on that?

Please clarify. It seems that the rules of the worker have changed (through an agreement of the proposal creator and escrow), and I would kindly ask you to restate the what rules have been re-redefined and what the new rules are such that anyone can participate.
If the main controversy is when to pay the bounty, and it is understandable that CEX must get money first and then start the technical work for listing, I would suggest that the lobbyist take the risk, that is, if smartcoin get delisted within 60 days, lobbyist has to pay back all the funds. 
Also, according to the original post,
Bitshares Committee will take the responsibility to verify the work of lobbyist and decide the distribution of reward.

it's clear that committee take root responsibility to verify the whole process, including the quality of exchange, cost of listing fee, etc.. so I would also suggest that all lobbyist talk with committee members directly(All of them have telegram accounts).

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
7\ Get funded from account "smartcoin-marketing". This account is multisignatured by the committee.(two days)

I checked on-chain, the payout of that has already happen. The description of that worker is quite clear when bounty payments should happen.

@ripplexiaoshan and at all committee members: Can you please comment on that?

Please clarify. It seems that the rules of the worker have changed (through an agreement of the proposal creator and escrow), and I would kindly ask you to restate the what rules have been re-redefined and what the new rules are such that anyone can participate.