Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] - A bounty based smartcoin marketing campaign  (Read 43080 times)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I am pleasure to involved , as you know , ZB is already getting active on bts as Witness and Proxy , major exchange participate Witness and Proxy is a huge change to the existing situation, let's Wait and see~ :)

Cool, I think it's not bad for zb ecosystem participating BitShares more deeply, and it seems zbg qualifies this bounty on all aspects,  it's a better exchange than latoken and biki in terms of volume and ranks. So just go for it.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
Please post the names of the signing committee members,  for the record.

I actually sorted that one out, but I'd rather have a proper statement from committee first.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
7\ Get funded from account "smartcoin-marketing". This account is multisignatured by the committee.(two days)

I checked on-chain, the payout of that has already happen. The description of that worker is quite clear when bounty payments should happen.

@ripplexiaoshan and at all committee members: Can you please comment on that?

Please clarify. It seems that the rules of the worker have changed (through an agreement of the proposal creator and escrow), and I would kindly ask you to restate the what rules have been re-redefined and what the new rules are such that anyone can participate.

I would very much appreciate to clearly define how the rules have changed.

Is it the same as before? How are listing fees handled? Are they supposed to be included in the bounty, or on top of it? Who must bring proof of what?

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
People who want to work as lobbyists need to comment on the work proposal thread and leave the information of bts account, email and which exchanges he/she want to lobby, if finally the exchange open smartcoin market, the lobbyist need to provide evidence that it’s his/her work that make things happen.

Thul3 are applying for HitBTC.

account
b-dex

email
prefer to not provide our email adresses in public because of spam.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:23:03 pm by Thul3 »

Offline BitSG

• View Profile
  • BitShares: bitsg
I am pleasure to involved , as you know , ZB is already getting active on bts as Witness and Proxy , major exchange participate Witness and Proxy is a huge change to the existing situation, let's Wait and see~ :)

Offline matle85

• View Profile
I am Tony , Founder of GTS (gtstoken.com), I am lobbist of George, I will take responsibility for bitCNY and BTS be list on ZBG exchange and won't be remove within 6 months. Let me know if any question regarding on BTS and bitCNY list on ZBG exchange.

Best regards
Tony Yang

Tony drop Thul and I a PM and then we can discuss by email/telegram.

It'd be good if you could include someone from ZB so we can establish what we need to do to improve things and get liquidity for bitCNY on there.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/zbg/

It has 3 times the volume of LAtoken on coinmarketcap .Its 100% not real but it surly has way more liquidity than LAtoken.
Also ZBG is a platform to gain attention and liquidity and once received it automaticly moves to ZB.
There is also always a good chance of merging like Huobi did in the past with Huobi Next.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 06:54:57 pm by Thul3 »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
I've spoken to ZB.com directly - if a native speaker wants to take over I can share the contact details.

ZBG is not a top 50 exchange so would not qualify under this worker (we already had one with Biki that did not technically qualify).

ZB is for sure a good top 5-10 exchange we should resolve things with but I'm not sure it would count either under this worker (as we had listing already when the worker was proposed and it's been removed due to low liquidity so maybe not the best option till we resolve what went wrong with them).

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
I spoke to zb.com last year and they informed they had already listed bitCNY - I couldn't quite get to the bottom of it and it seemed there had been issues with paused withdrawls etc.

I think it was because of low liquidity.So ZBG would be a perfect step to get back to their main flag ship a real TOP10 exchange.
Also ZB's traffic is very interresting as its mostly asian (Japan,Korea,China)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:01:21 pm by Thul3 »

Offline matle85

• View Profile
I spoke to zb.com last year and they informed they had already listed bitCNY - I couldn't quite get to the bottom of it and it seemed there had been issues with paused withdrawls etc.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
This!
I hope the lobbyist will take the responsibility to connect with the exchange for all following matters, like software update, bug reporting, etc..

You don't need to look far away.It's enough to look at that thread at ZBG is that offer is valid.
ZBG is the door opener to ZB.Should bitcny succeed on ZBG it gets moved automaticly to ZB.
ZB is already getting activ on Bitshares as Witness and Proxy so what better opportunity you can get ?

But instead for BTS/BitCNY it should be for bitusd/bitncy as thats what the worker was for.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 04:26:33 pm by Thul3 »

Offline BitSG

• View Profile
  • BitShares: bitsg
I am Tony , Founder of GTS (gtstoken.com), I am lobbist of George, I will take responsibility for bitCNY and BTS be list on ZBG exchange and won't be remove within 6 months. Let me know if any question regarding on BTS and bitCNY list on ZBG exchange.

Best regards
Tony Yang

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
@matle85 has created a transfer proposal for the smartcoin-marketing account which asks for ~800k of funding separated into listing fee and bounty for LATOKEN.

Re-reading the opening post, I believe it is too vague procedure wise. For instance, the bounty should be paid out separate from the listing fee (IMHO).
Additionally, I don't think we, as a community, are in a position where we can demand *more quality* exchanges to list BTS .. and *in particular* bitCNY and in
case of LATOKEN, i think the cost/benefit ratio is justify-able.

Hence, I will approve the proposal "1.10.26875"

This!
I hope the lobbyist will take the responsibility to connect with the exchange for all following matters, like software update, bug reporting, etc.. 
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Thul I contacted a huge number of exchanges to discuss, in some cases they concluded they would not list at the minute but maybe in the future. Some I am still discussing with.

The only ones who came to me/were spamming offers were IDAX who were also looking to get 19BTC for 3 pairs so it is really clear where their business case lies.

It's easy to just constantly sh*t on everything else people do - you have an opportunity now to actively do something / be involved in things in your proxy role so hopefully we can see some good proposals and activity coming from your side.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
LATOKEN are consistently top 20/25 so bring profile and they have a decent ranking on Alexa which implies a good portion of the traffic/trading is legitimate.

Out of the top 50 exchanges there are periodic concerns with traffic/trading volumes.

The point here on this worker was to get us listed on some exchanges so that people start actually hearing what bitCNY/USD are.

I agree with Xeroc's point we should be specific with workers moving forward as here I had probably 5-6 options that satisfied the criteria back in Nov. Only one listing took place so far and that was for a non-top 50 exchange.

You have some power now as a proxy Thul to support/propose good workers that will add specific value to Bitshares as you see it - have you thought about what these will be or what you would like to see being proposed?

I think bounties are good, more specific and clear the criteria the better to avoid cases of disagreement among the community.

The problem is these exchanges are in reality no top 50 CMC exchanges.They aren't even TOP 300 .They use fake volume to attract people to list their coin as their main income are listing fee's.
What does it bring bitassets to get listed on Latoken when it will bring zero volume or liquidity.That was not the purpose of that worker.
The purpose was to expand bitassets to exchanges to get real traders ,real liquidity and real volume.
Having bitassets listed on LAtoken i can tell you exectly what will happen.There will be zero volume because wash trading is not included in the price or there will be fake volume only with no liquidity.
In general you will be only able to buy and sell based on the amount of assets (own coin) you provide them.So where is the benefit in listing these bitassets when you don't get any new liquidity but only the one you gave them previously beside the BTC payment ?

Also why didn't anybody tried to get a real TOP 50 exchange ?The answer is because its difficult and thats why this bounty was created in the first place and not to receive bounty for exchanges which are asking each shit project to get them listed on their exchange.Contacting them and making a deal is nothing which would justify such a bounty.

I doubt you are going to deny it was easy to get an offer from IDAX,LAtoken,IDMC etc .......these exchanges have their people activly looking for any coin getting listed on their exchange.
They do no DD and accept even the biggest scam coins.

I said months ago if you want only fake volume i will open an exchange and get it with wash trading on #1 on CMC and will take the 1.5 million bounty for providing fake liquidity or to say it directly for nothing.

My intention is to expand bitshares by accuiring real growth and not by faking volume which won't do anything to the bitshares ecosystem beside losing a big amount of BTS.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:59:28 am by Thul3 »