25 (27.2%)
KeyMail (Key ID)
15 (16.3%)
Leave it alone!
38 (41.3%)
Something else.
6 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID  (Read 50823 times)

Offline 天籁

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
How many average products exist today that are named something like ....mail ...bit....?
If we go with KeyMail or something else that mixes together two widely known words it seems like just another service which is not the impression we want to generate.
To me the international usability is a arguement too. Let's ask our chinese friends here what they think! :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:47:36 am by delulo »

chryspano

Leave the name alone, Keyhotee is the perfect name.

bitbro

Both are two syllables...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
KEYHOTEE - a unique new Internet term. The identity of this word is automatically associated with Invictus Innovation. It is important to have a synonymous brand name to its corporation. Such as Big blue by IBM and even Windows (nobody knew what it was, only a part of a house) as to Microsoft.
Think about it  8)

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
I think things like BitMail, BitKey, KeyMail all seem super forgettable and boring to me.

I admit when I first heard Keyhotee I didn't know exactly what to think of it, I didn't know if the h was silent.  I wasn't sure if it was supposed to sound like coyote.  But I really like it now, much more than other suggestions.  The name doesn't let people have preconceived notions about what it is or does, they have to discover it.  You already have the word "key" in Keyhotee.  Any name with "mail" doesn't do it justice at all.  Once people learn it they won't forget it, and you can Google it and won't get results for anything else.  It won't ever be confused with something from a competitor with a unique name.  There is something adventurous and brave about choosing such a name.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I'm quite fond of the Keyhotee name myself, but global acceptance of the name is a valid concern.  If Keyhotee needs a new name in order to be internationally appealing, I won't fight the change.

Not having "bit" in the brand sets you apart. Bit is used inflationary by now.
Key-hotee = (Don) Quichotte. I love that :)

Personally , I like what it is . KEYHOTEE. So very unique. As the good ol Google. It made no sense what it meant back then.

This is a good point.  Hopefully everyone will grow to love "Keyhotee" anyway.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Personally , I like what it is . KEYHOTEE. So very unique. As the good ol Google. It made no sense what it meant back then.

bitbro

We have some flexibility to keep that meaning and increase clarity.  Currently the protocol, the network, and the application are all called Keyhotee.  We could keep Keyhotee as a name for the initial application, and name the network and protocol BitShares ID for consistency.

BitShares ID is the way to go!!!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I don't think Cervantes ever wrote them, but the words of Don Quixote from the musical Man of La Mancha capture the spirit of great undertakings against impossible odds for the best of reasons:

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right, without question or pause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star.

The fact that Don Quixote was tragically ill-equipped for his self-appointed task makes his heroic spirit all the more impressive.

There are those who may correctly conclude that we are but tragic fools for undertaking our Quest.
That does not deter us.  Most people believe that the dragons of our day are merely windmills.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
There are a lot of great ideas here that have great merit.

I would hate to lose the subtle deeper meanings behind the choice of Don Quixote as a hero for whom honor and courage outweighed the inherent dangers of the quest.

I would never have associated honor and courage with Quixote, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I've always understood Don Quixote as a sad, silly man who couldn't tell what really mattered in life. Googling "quixotic" gives me this definition as result #1: "exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical." That's what you want to say about one of your most powerful products? :)

While I'm throwing my cents around, I'd vote against "BitKey" because people won't pronounce the "T" and it will sound like "bikky." Nothing wrong with that per se, it's just that people will be hearing a new word they don't know and it will add an un-necessary level of confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

Hmmm... I'm getting the sense that anti-Quixote sentiments may not be popular here. :) I read the article and Quixote still seems pretty absurd in his out-of-touchness. It still strikes me as a very strange brand association. But maybe it's just me...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

+5% love it also :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I would hate to lose the subtle deeper meanings behind the choice of Don Quixote as a hero for whom honor and courage outweighed the inherent dangers of the quest.

I would never have associated honor and courage with Quixote, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I've always understood Don Quixote as a sad, silly man who couldn't tell what really mattered in life. Googling "quixotic" gives me this definition as result #1: "exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical." That's what you want to say about one of your most powerful products? :)

While I'm throwing my cents around, I'd vote against "BitKey" because people won't pronounce the "T" and it will sound like "bikky." Nothing wrong with that per se, it's just that people will be hearing a new word they don't know and it will add an un-necessary level of confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline oco101

• View Profile
That's not a fair poll. You should include Keyhotee as an option too
+1 Agree