25 (27.2%)
KeyMail (Key ID)
15 (16.3%)
Leave it alone!
38 (41.3%)
Something else.
6 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID  (Read 51204 times)

bitbro

Can we have a poll option to get rid of the 'h' ? We at least dont want a "ho" in the name.

+10

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Can we have a poll option to get rid of the 'h' ? We at least dont want a "ho" in the name.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
That's not a fair poll. You should include Keyhotee as an option too
+1 Agree

The option to leave it alone is voting for Keyhotee.

It still says Keyhotee is the best option.
The poll doesn't ask: Change it? Y/N

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
That's not a fair poll. You should include Keyhotee as an option too
+1 Agree

The option to leave it alone is voting for Keyhotee.

bitbro

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:43:33 am by bitbro »

Offline bitbadger

• View Profile
How about this for a simple solution?

There are lots of examples where the same product is marketed under different names to reach different demographics.

Dodge and Plymouth produced the Neon and the Colt
Plymouth and Chrysler produced the Voyager
Pontiac and Ferrari did the GTO
Nissan Quest and Mercury Villager were essentially identical.

So we could release Keyhotee in many different flavors, named to gain traction in different markets:

Keyhotee 屠龙
Keyhotee Drachentöter
Keyhotee драконов
Keyhotee קוטל הדרקונים
Keyhotee δρακοντοκτόνος
Keyhotee ドラゴンスレイヤー
Keyhotee smokow

Interestingly, half the languages I checked used the same exact word:  dragonslayer!

I would be fully in favor of rebranding as Keyslayer.  Keytoter would be nice too.  "Killer" in German but "Tote" has a nice connotation in English as well, which actually kind of describes what Keyhotee does!  It carries your keys for you.
Pei5BrnEUqcCuUdffNZmBPL3rg6duj3vnU

38PTSWarrior

Weed will grow, and I could make a coffeeshop there!!  +5%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Oh yes, and lets not forget Keyhoteestan.

That's a small country I may get around to forming on a mountaintop in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

19.0071290, -153.8387376

It's elevation is currently comparable to Death Valley in the California Mojave Dessert, but it has a much wetter climate.
Right now you can't grow much there, but after I reverse global warming and get a lot of the ocean piled back up on the polar ice caps, I think it could be quite nice.

The only thing I can say for it now is that it is sovereign territory.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

38PTSWarrior

There are lots of examples where the same product is marketed under different names to reach different demographics.

So we could release Keyhotee in many different flavors, named to gain traction in different markets:

Keyhotee 屠龙
Keyhotee Drachentöter
Keyhotee драконов
Keyhotee קוטל הדרקונים
Keyhotee δρακοντοκτόνος
Keyhotee ドラゴンスレイヤー
Keyhotee smokow

Interestingly, half the languages I checked used the same exact word:  dragonslayer!

Good idea Stan!

38PTSWarrior

Everyone went to gmail because they made a difference with offering a lot of space "1GB and rising" while others only had 12mb or deleted everything after 3 or so months of not signing in (that's how I lost my many year old Hotmail account..). The name of the service is not so important. It is important that the features are all there. Like when you search in Wikipedia for a comparison of BitTorrent clients http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_clients you will see some clients where everything is green. Keyhotee must also have all fields green. Then the people (at least me) want it. Green is beautiful ;) 

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Keyhotee 屠龙
Keyhotee Drachentöter
Keyhotee драконов
Keyhotee קוטל הדרקונים
Keyhotee δρακοντοκτόνος
Keyhotee ドラゴンスレイヤー
Keyhotee smokow

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Are all domains .com .info .org etc. taken for  "Keyper", "Keypr", "Keepr" ? Cause I like that... :) I find Keypr the best of those three. Undecided aginst Keyhotee...
We can just use a domain from the BTS DNS service...

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
I agree, I think that Keyhotee will never catch on with that name.  It's quite off-putting (you really have to think about how to pronounce it -- I think that most people would pronounce the middle syllable "hot" and not be able to make the connection with Don Quixote)

Another option is we could drop the "h".  Just have Keyotee. I think I may prefer this.  It looks like there was some mom and pop business in texas that may not be in business anymore with the name Keyotee, the business owner seems to be using www.keyotee.com as a family webpage... It might not cost too much to buy it.

My best complete new name idea is Privee

PriveeMail
PriveeName = Keyhotee ID

(I think your idea of Keyper is better than other suggestions with bit, but as you said, it already has a little use and may be hard to get domain names)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:07:24 am by Agent86 »

Offline bitbadger

• View Profile
I agree, I think that Keyhotee will never catch on with that name.  It's quite off-putting (you really have to think about how to pronounce it -- I think that most people would pronounce the middle syllable "hot" and not be able to make the connection with Don Quixote) and I actually think of Don Quixote in a negative light as well.  "Tilting at windmills" is generally a negative phrase.  I haven't said anything so far because I know how nerds love their puns.  (Don't stone me, I'm a nerd too!)

I think that the "can it be used as a verb" thing is important.  In a perfect world, I would choose "Keyper", "Keypr", "Keepr", or something like that.  It seems that all of those domain names are taken.  We need some short verb that at least kinda makes sense to use with "Key".  Keyfixer/Keyfixr?  KeyHopper?  Keydigger?  KeyZapper?  KeypTabs?  KeypMe?

I think people would end up associating the name Keyhotee with the product Keyhotee and little else and it would not preclude it from being successful.  So if people like the product, they will come to like the name.  "Yahoo" doesn't have any good connotations; look up the definition.

The definitions for yahoo I found:
a rude, noisy, or violent person
a boorish, crass, or stupid person

It is also something that you shout when you're having fun, which I think is most Americans' first thought when hearing it.  Plus it is 2 syllables and hard to mispronounce.

I would wager that 50% of Americans couldn't tell you anything about Don Quixote or how to pronounce his name.
Pei5BrnEUqcCuUdffNZmBPL3rg6duj3vnU