Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 28372 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
FWIW the forking issues you said would delay us all summer just got fixed by dan and eric

Absolutely fantastic!  +5%

Is it a fact that they fixed it?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

If you don't understand what we are doing, don't know what it takes, and are unable to correctly evaluate our status, you should not be investing.

+5%

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
FWIW the forking issues you said would delay us all summer just got fixed by dan and eric

Absolutely fantastic!  +5%
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

The ten week reference was the time it took us to get back to where we thought we would be on March 15th - ready to start doing the testing you see us doing. 
In those 10 weeks we invented DPOS.

And what DPOS will do for this industry is far more than reliably eliminate wasteful mining.  It gives control back to the little guy - produces genuine decentralization - permits grass-roots counter attacks - and most importantly, raises up 101 elected champions for each DAC - champions that will have to promote that DAC and grow its value to stay elected.  Champions that will have the financial incentive to compete fiercely for a delegate slot and the financial resources to have genuine influence on how that DAC develops.

This is freaking huge.  And well worth the 10 week delay.   :)

That's why we hope people understand the difference between 10 weeks of priceless innovation and 10 weeks of aimless wandering.  Those who do will get the deserved rewards.  Those who don't will also get what they deserve.
So you mean we have to wait until the end of the summer,right?If we don't have that patience we are a bad investor,right?
Come on ,business is business,especially the crypto world,time is money.
We don't need your gaudy words to inspire our confidence,we need product,a real release product,so give us a time frame, even a vague one.
[/quote]

If you don't understand what we are doing, don't know what it takes, and are unable to correctly evaluate our status, you should not be investing.
[/quote]

Clap, clap, clap! I'm off to make another AGS donation.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

The ten week reference was the time it took us to get back to where we thought we would be on March 15th - ready to start doing the testing you see us doing. 

And what DPOS will do for this industry is far more than reliably eliminate wasteful mining.  It gives control back to the little guy - produces genuine decentralization - permits grass-roots counter attacks - and most importantly, raises up 101 elected champions for each DAC - champions that will have to promote that DAC and grow its value to stay elected.  Champions that will have the financial incentive to compete fiercely for a delegate slot and the financial resources to have genuine influence on how that DAC develops.

[/size]That's why we hope people understand the difference between 10 weeks of priceless innovation and 10 weeks of aimless wandering.  Those who do will get the deserved rewards.  Those who don't will also get what they deserve.

I have about 100 stupid ideas daily… here is the latest… rename this thread to “Marketing report” moved it to ‘Marketing sub forum’. Start a new one somewhere where one can discuss what is the fair market value today of those non-existing, but constantly improving products; as well as - are the proud owners of said product/asset  stupid or wise to be nervous at the current market price….

[Edit for edit]
Other appropriate posts in the new "Market Report” thread include but are not limited to:
- “What should one do with an investment that is untradeable/ non-transferable but Stan says I shouldn’t have invested in the first place, cause I am stupid or cannot/too lazy to read 15K lines of code”

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:32:18 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

It would be very nice if there was a sticky thread from the beginning talking about that value. I am a member here from the beginning and I completely missed the argument that 1 PTS = 1.3 BTS and 1 AGS = 3.33 BTS (I wasn't visiting every single day) and I took serious losses because of that.
In the end of the day this is also MARKETING!! Try to protect your investors with transparency and honest thoughts!

That brings back great memories from January 1, the first day of AGS donations:

Angleshares value in PTS: 2.133 AGS/PTS = 9.50 USD. Total donations today: 2,343.996 PTS = 47,770.64 USD.
Angleshares value in BTC: 80.825 AGS/BTC = 9.28 USD. Total donations today: 61.862 BTC = 46,693.44 USD.

That's a total funding of 94,464.08 USD on day one! Good job!

Folks who moved from PTS/BTC to AGS today more than doubled their stake in BitShares and subsequent DACs. 
I wonder how long that deal will hold up...

"...And we're goin' to Surf City, 'cause it's two to one"

Now we are seeing much bigger ratios than the Beach Boys once sang about.

Staggering ratios!

And there is less risk now than there was then! 
Think of how many problems have been solved.
Think of how much stronger our underlying tech base is today.
How much more flexible and robust and full-featured it has become.
All the DACs in obvious parallel development by many talented, independent, self-motivated developers.
And BitShares XT operating with scores of examples posted daily.
If people were that excited on January 2nd, how can it be anything but blowing their minds now?

Humans are funny creatures.

A ten week delay to make a flurry of critical innovations
completely changes their calibration of what constitutes outstanding performance.
despite daily improvements
and triumphant breakthroughs
and videos and interviews and direct-access mumbles.

The pessimists are letting 5 to 1 and even greater opportunities slip away to the optimists.

But you, the strong, the patient, the informed and therefore the optimistic
will prevail and prosper.

You deserve it.

:)
Plus 2 weeks now,we wait XTS FOT 1/4 OF A YEAR!Very Suck;;;; WTF exactly XTS  be liquid , you have been talking soon soon soon for a long time,we are lack of confidence right now.And due to the fork issue in the recent dry run test,i guess we have to wait until the end of the summer,damn.i will no longer support I3 anymore,not a liar company,but a ill management company.

That's why we hope people understand the difference between 10 weeks of priceless innovation and 10 weeks of aimless wandering.  Those who do will get the deserved rewards.  Those who don't will also get what they deserve.
So you mean we have to wait until the end of the summer,right?If we don't have that patience we are a bad investor,right?
Come on ,business is business,especially the crypto world,time is money.
We don't need your gaudy words to inspire our confidence,we need product,a real release product,so give us a time frame, even a vague one.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

It would be very nice if there was a sticky thread from the beginning talking about that value. I am a member here from the beginning and I completely missed the argument that 1 PTS = 1.3 BTS and 1 AGS = 3.33 BTS (I wasn't visiting every single day) and I took serious losses because of that.
In the end of the day this is also MARKETING!! Try to protect your investors with transparency and honest thoughts!

Angleshares value in PTS: 2.133 AGS/PTS = 9.50 USD. Total donations today: 2,343.996 PTS = 47,770.64 USD.
Angleshares value in BTC: 80.825 AGS/BTC = 9.28 USD. Total donations today: 61.862 BTC = 46,693.44 USD.

Folks who moved from PTS/BTC to AGS today more than doubled their stake in BitShares and subsequent DACs. 

Staggering ratios!

All the DACs in obvious parallel development by many talented, independent, self-motivated developers.
If people were that excited on January 2nd, how can it be anything but blowing their minds now?

completely changes their calibration of what constitutes outstanding performance.

The pessimists are letting 5 to 1 and even greater opportunities slip away to the optimists.

You deserve it.

Plus 2 weeks now,we wait XTS FOT 1/4 OF A YEAR!Very Suck;;;; WTF exactly XTS  be liquid , you have been talking soon soon soon for a long time,we are lack of confidence right now.And due to the fork issue in the recent dry run test,i guess we have to wait until the end of the summer,damn.i will no longer support I3 anymore,not a liar company,but a ill management company.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Staggering ratios!

You deserve it.

Pretty sure "Surf City" is Jan and Dean, not The Beach Boys.  ;)

I always get those two mixed up because they cross-pollinated so well:

The first draft of the song, with the working title "Goody Connie Won't You Come Back Home", was written by Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. He gave it to Jan and Dean who finished writing and recording it with Wilson in the early 1960s.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Staggering ratios!

You deserve it.

Pretty sure "Surf City" is Jan and Dean, not The Beach Boys.  ;)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I saw this too and was left scratching my head.

I think that the privacy thing is taking off.  People saw Darkcoin skyrocket and so this innovation is very appealing.  I didn't quite get a chance to read everything on how neutroncoin is different in their approach to anonymity, but I have to agree their website did a good job explaining it.

Personally I think BTC has enough privacy and fail to see privacy alone as enough innovation.  It is becoming something of a standard of 2nd generation altcoins.  Darkcoin did a great job marketing. 

Just like Auracoin (sp?) spawned a ton of other geographical airdrops.  None were as successful as Auracoin and now none of that family of coins are particularly special.  I have a feeling something similar will happen to darkcoin etc.

The pace of this evolution is pretty incredible. It's like watching a time lapse video of a single-celled organism evolving into a few dozen mutant variations. There are a lot of good ideas in the alt coin world and I agree we're going to keep seeing those successful ideas built upon and improved. Just a few months ago, proof of stake was considered the work of the devil himself, and now look at all the interest in that. Privacy is taking off, too. ANd we haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully, the market will come to Bitshares just as Bitshares arrives to lead the market.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I saw this too and was left scratching my head.

I think that the privacy thing is taking off.  People saw Darkcoin skyrocket and so this innovation is very appealing.  I didn't quite get a chance to read everything on how neutroncoin is different in their approach to anonymity, but I have to agree their website did a good job explaining it.

Personally I think BTC has enough privacy and fail to see privacy alone as enough innovation.  It is becoming something of a standard of 2nd generation altcoins.  Darkcoin did a great job marketing. 

Just like Auracoin (sp?) spawned a ton of other geographical airdrops.  None were as successful as Auracoin and now none of that family of coins are particularly special.  I have a feeling something similar will happen to darkcoin etc.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
From coinmarketcap:

10    NeutrinoCoin   $ 12,174,444   $ 0.057901   210,264,208 NTR   $ 14,797   +1132.15 %

Can someone alert me the next time they see something out of the blue potentially about to explode like this? thanks.

Interesting. The volume is really low so there must be very few coins on the market. (They're hoarding the majority)

I like their website though. Very clear and concise. 1 minute of your time and you understand and are clear on what they're offering and the advantages thereof.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
What is so different about this one and exploded like that? Are the devs. only pumping the coin maybe?

Offline mint chocolate chip

From coinmarketcap:

10    NeutrinoCoin   $ 12,174,444   $ 0.057901   210,264,208 NTR   $ 14,797   +1132.15 %

Can someone alert me the next time they see something out of the blue potentially about to explode like this? thanks.