Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 28407 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
and to add something else... I keep thinking how much wealthier I would have been if I have invested the same amount I invested in PTS/AGS back then to NXT and have kept it till today and this makes me furious with my self!!! I could  easily take a break from my work for 1 year and to be honest the way the market see BTS so far I don't think this will happen any time soon... :( :( :(. A market report update is essential!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Wouldn't make sense at the moment as the product is not yet released. Once we have product, the eco and tech talk will for sure start by its own :-)

I disagree! Even if PTS is not an altcoin it is a share with tradable value. It would be very nice if there was a sticky thread from the beginning talking about that value. I am a member here from the beginning and I completely missed the argument that 1 PTS = 1.3 BTS and 1 AGS = 3.33 BTS (I wasn't visiting every single day) and I took serious losses because of that. I have also missed the argument that after the snapshot everyone would sell their PTS and instead I kept on buying... Most will say " that's your problem you didn't make proper research" but the NXT community "protects" their investors with this market update thread. They don't have to go around the whole forum to look around for information and make their judgments. If there was a thread back then and most of the people were saying the same things I wouldn't have made these mistakes.

BM, Stan and others, including you Xeroc, to me are very respectable voices and I take now very seriously every single small comment you guys make!

I think that we should start the market update thread as soon as possible in order to protect long term investors like me for future losses like that. The "company" or the "investors" or the "community" should share their thoughts regarding prices and future values and market trends. This is not like anybody has insight information or something. It is collaboration of ideas for the most important part of the whole investment, that is the shares price!

NXT in their thread talk about NXT price trends and many other altcoins. Why should I be obliged to go look at their thread and read the thoughts of people I "don't know" instead of listen to the thoughts of people I "know" from this community?

In the end of the day this is also MARKETING!! Try to protect your investors with transparency and honest thoughts!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
To the point. NXT since then has done a tremendous progress for the non tech guys like me and what I really like about them is that they have almost daily a market update report. They talk about prices of alts, NXT price speculation, graphs etc...

Can we do something similar here?
Wouldn't make sense at the moment as the product is not yet released. Once we have product, the eco and tech talk will for sure start by its own :-)
It would be nice if some experienced crypto investors illuminate the rest of us about what they think, how they value especially PTS/AGS, future DACs but also other altcoins that pop out all the time. Apparently this community has a lot of "geniuses" and it would be very nice to hear their thoughts about the market on a regular basis.
- Ehm, .. bitshares is not meant to be an altcoin, as it will *not* be a currency!
 - All theses recent altcoin basicaly have a few new features (i.e. multi-pool, anonymous sends,...) and most use POS already. Besides that, nothing new has appeared.
 - AGS do not 'have value' because you cannot (an will never be able to) sell them.
 - Personally, I don't give investment proposals! That's up to everybody to read and decide.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Back in November - December I think Bytemaster said "NXT looks promising". That statement was enough for me. I looked at it and bought some thousands at ridiculous prices. Unfortunately NXT was very buggy back then, I wasn't feeling comfortably leaving them in an exchange so soon after I tripled my ridiculously small investment back then I sold them (I wish now I haven't  :( :(

To the point. NXT since then has done a tremendous progress for the non tech guys like me and what I really like about them is that they have almost daily a market update report. They talk about prices of alts, NXT price speculation, graphs etc...

Can we do something similar here? It would be nice if some experienced crypto investors illuminate the rest of us about what they think, how they value especially PTS/AGS, future DACs but also other altcoins that pop out all the time. Apparently this community has a lot of "geniuses" and it would be very nice to hear their thoughts about the market on a regular basis.

Thoughts?