Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 16282 times)

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Re: Market Report
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2014, 05:38:21 pm »
One thing to keep in mind is PeerTracks' role in bootstrapping the whole thing.

Maybe regulations will change and come down hard on this corporation, or maybe a future lawsuit, basically anything can happen... but not to BitShares Music! It's a DAC. It'll go on as long as delegates are there to do their job.

So it could be centralized. But it would be fragile and far from immortal.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2014, 05:44:23 pm »
My questions would be, what about this music DAC makes it need to be decentralized?  Hit a chord with the kids at being anti-establishment?  Is someone trying to avoid intellectual property?  Why not just a centralized website with a db backend to keep track of shares ?
This is a good question! My thoughts are:

With a blockchain tracking the ownership of artistcoins people can exchange those coins outside the peertracks platform on exhanges and between phones.

Other devs can write applications around the open source software.

Artistcoins have value as long as the bitshares music blockchain exists no matter how long the peershares company exists.

Transparency: With a dentralized database you couldnt prove it if you had the feeling that some artistcons where stolen from your account, with a blockchain(explorer) you can.

Downsides:
User can loose his private keys and lose his shares? Might be possible to offer a service to backup private keys by peertracks optionally. You could see of peertracks company abused this on the blockchain.

Slightly more costly than running one cerntralized database. Might not be as many delegates might work for the several DACs.

Dependence on the DPOS network's security (potentially vunerable to attacks). Isnt a centralized database also vunerable to attacks .

What else?

iTunes.

That is all.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2014, 12:32:33 am »
1. Couple of posts above I said sell sell sell Bitshares Music....

I want to return on the topic.

You must be crazy to not be buying Bitshares Music at the current pre-sale. What the hell ... valuation of about $2,500,000...????

It is Nuts... sell your 2 large pizzas for 10K BTC wile you can.

2. And for the idiots selling BTSX - first Thank you! and second, unfortunately I have broken all available piggy-banks in my house, so I after today I can no longer take advantage of your stupidity, but somebody else for sure will.

0.002 BTSX

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:49:02 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2014, 07:39:08 am »
2. And for the idiots selling BTSX - first Thank you! and second, unfortunately I have broken all available piggy-banks in my house, so I after today I can no longer take advantage of your stupidity, but somebody else for sure will.
I am having the exact same issue here  ???
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH