Author Topic: BTS X is Live  (Read 54106 times)

clout

Maybe it's already been asked (but the forum search didn't turn anything up), but why is it that when doing

Code: [Select]
blockchain_list_assets
and again after 10 secondes.
the supply of BTSX is going up with about 0.6BTSX/block?

I thought I would see it slowly declining because of the transaction fee burning.

@delulo 4 GB swap should probably be sufficient, if not, trial and error...

yeah i'm seeing this too

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
Maybe it's already been asked (but the forum search didn't turn anything up), but why is it that when doing

Code: [Select]
blockchain_list_assets
and again after 10 secondes.
the supply of BTSX is going up with about 0.6BTSX/block?

I thought I would see it slowly declining because of the transaction fee burning.

@delulo 4 GB swap should probably be sufficient, if not, trial and error...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:52:46 pm by mauritso »
BTS: maurits

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
error at the "make" stage: not enough virtual memory. can not allocate memory (those were not the exact words but almost...). The VM has almost 2 gb. What is going wrong? I used the 0.2.1 Version on ubuntu 14.04....
can anyone think of a solution here? I tried it three times and the installation always stops at ~ 80 % because not enough memory could be allocated....

You can get past this by allocating more swap space: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-add-swap-on-ubuntu-14-04
Thanks I will try it tomorrow. But isnt 2 gb ram for a VM far enough?

Our codebase has grown and without swap space, we've noticed that 2GB isn't enough for compilation anymore.
Ok. Thanks. How much swap space would you recommend?

Offline vikram

error at the "make" stage: not enough virtual memory. can not allocate memory (those were not the exact words but almost...). The VM has almost 2 gb. What is going wrong? I used the 0.2.1 Version on ubuntu 14.04....
can anyone think of a solution here? I tried it three times and the installation always stops at ~ 80 % because not enough memory could be allocated....

You can get past this by allocating more swap space: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-add-swap-on-ubuntu-14-04

Our codebase has grown and without swap space, we've noticed that 2GB isn't enough for compilation anymore.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
This is a BitShares Breaking Event Alert.

DAC Sun Limited (DSL), an independent Hong Kong based DAC developer you can find at DACSunlimited.com, is in the process of releasing the first official BitShares X (BTSX) chain.

Their official chain is now up and running and being tested by experienced volunteers from the forum.  This is expected to be the real chain running from the official genesis block and any trading will be real and permanent. Because this is a brand new chain, everyone should use caution until it is clear that everything is working properly. 

This is a pre-launch to enable final testing by experienced users before calling attention to it by the general public. It may take DSL a few more days to get all the instructions published, web pages polished, and make sure that everything is fully functional before making their official high-profile public launch. 

Note that the BitShares Toolkit core developers will continue to add new features to the toolkit and work with the community evaluate them in parallel on our test network in an ongoing series of forum-based Dry Runs of a future release.  However the BitShares X release from DACSunlimited.com is not a test.  It is the real thing, featuring many of the final features except for BitUSD and its related functionality.   These will appear in an upgrade expected later this summer.

DAC Sun Limited is working with several exchanges that we expect to begin trading BTSX soon.  But if you want to get an early look at the real chain running from the official genesis block, and experiment with some peer to peer trading you can download the exciting new BTSX wallet here:

Pay attention to the following sites for more breaking information:
  • dacsunlimited.com
  • bitshares-x.info
  • bitshares.org
  • bitsharestalk.org

Our Chinese partners (dacsunlimited.com) have launched the real BTS X network and you can now download the real, legitimate, BTS X wallet from their website (or Github).

Right now the wallet is available prior to the public release that DAC Sun is planning.   The binaries downloaded from https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/0.2.0 are safe to trust with your private keys as they are built from the code hosted on the same github repo.

This wallet is based upon our latest BitShares XT code base and has BitAsset support disabled.   Their plan is to upgrade the chain as we release new stable updates to the XT dry run tests.

Exchanges are working to integrate this chain.

+5% sry for late response ... but .... yeahhhhh wowwow great  ... just said ... :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline vikram

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Get more memory
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline changematey

• View Profile
BM, any help with my post? The web toolkit doesnt seem to be launching.

Offline bytemaster

so the client is saying that there is severe network problem. and " no connection". is it just my client or every else is having the same issue?

Same here. I'm having to restart the client every 10 minutes (or so) or I end up with "Pending" transactions that never (seem to) confirm.

This is a high priority bug for us to track down.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

2.1?  Is there a change log somewhere between 2.0 and 2.1?  Looks like only the seednode was updated?  Should we rebuild to this version?

You can also just edit the config file in your app data dir.   On Mac it is ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares X/config.json to get the same effect.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Tuck Fheman

so the client is saying that there is severe network problem. and " no connection". is it just my client or every else is having the same issue?

Same here. I'm having to restart the client every 10 minutes (or so) or I end up with "Pending" transactions that never (seem to) confirm.

Offline Riverhead

2.1?  Is there a change log somewhere between 2.0 and 2.1?  Looks like only the seednode was updated?  Should we rebuild to this version?

merockstar