Author Topic: !!! Stupid Questions Thread !!!  (Read 253217 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ok this probably is the most silliest question ever but how do I logout from openledger?
I'm a total beginner as you can see.  :-[
you can click the "lock" .. then your private keys are safe ..
logging out is not yet possible since all your keys are currently stored in your browser
you can delete your wallet to "reset" your wallet.. but make sure to have a backup

The devs are currently working on a blockchain.info style wallet service .. but that may take some more time .. I think they will have a worker for this

Offline Lollero

• View Profile
Ok this probably is the most silliest question ever but how do I logout from openledger?
I'm a total beginner as you can see.  :-[

Offline konelectric

Guys I have a question!
I have a wallet, with backup and a password,I can easily back it up from any computer,
However when I do this, I cannot make any payment as it is said that the account is not mine.
It looks like I am  locked out from my own account, I need your help guys and girls
Click on the lock icon and then enter your password.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline Bitshares222

• BTS Account: limpbusta2
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: limpbusta2
Guys I have a question!
I have a wallet, with backup and a password,I can easily back it up from any computer,
However when I do this, I cannot make any payment as it is said that the account is not mine.
It looks like I am  locked out from my own account, I need your help guys and girls

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Why 3 processes when on Processes with Network Activity I only get 1 process with 1 PID? Each process should have its own PID but it only shows one.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:25:07 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Clearing just the browser history should not affect your saved wallet file.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
If I download the light client do I need to worry about clearing my browser history?

No.

That will probably get the award for most stupid question but I had to be sure  :P

So the only difference between light client and OpenLedger is with LC I need to do the backups manually but I can access my wallet anytime while with OpenLedger I get updates done automatically but each time I clear my browser history, instead of just using the passphrase to unlock the wallet, I also need to import the file with keys, each time right? Did I miss anything?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

If I download the light client do I need to worry about clearing my browser history?

No.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline rracs

Thank you - I'll try. :o

Will I be able to follow this path to integrate my PTS from my old Bitshares-PTS wallet (beta!) into my Bitshares 2.0 new account?

Settings -> Wallets -> Key Import Tool - Import your latest .json -> Create Account -> Balance Claims -> Lookup Balances -> Settings -> Wallets -> Create Backup
No, the key import tool cannot import old PTS wallets.

You'll either have to manually dump the private keys from the PTS wallet using the old PTS client, or use the BitShares-0.9.3c client to import the old PTS wallet and create a JSON export which can be imported into BTS-2.0.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
yes, who is publishing on 1200ish should check (and probably update) their script...

jakub

How long ago was your screenshot taked?
Plus, the resulted feed for the asset is the median of all the published price feed by the witnesses... So the resulted price should be more stable even in these situations.
The screen-shot was taken just before I published the post.
But even now you can see that mr.agsexplorer quotes 0.00001265 whereas verbaltech2 quotes 0.00000899 and both feeds are time-stamped very recently.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
How long ago was your screenshot taked?
Plus, the resulted feed for the asset is the median of all the published price feed by the witnesses... So the resulted price should be more stable even in these situations.

jakub

The script has some parameters that can be setted by the witness and that can change a little bit the resulted value for the pricefeed.
Anyway, the main reason is that there was really a lot of movement on poloniex, with price that keeped jumping up and down, in a very short time...
Let's see if they start to stabilize as soon as btc value stabilizes too
That's explains it a little bit but not fully. Volatility will always be in those markets so we need to live with it and have precise feeds even when volatility increases.
Also, Poloniex was bumpy 24 hours ago, now is quite stable.
@xeroc, could you confirm that those huge differences can be explained by using different parameter values in the script?

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
The script has some parameters that can be setted by the witness and that can change a little bit the resulted value for the pricefeed.
Anyway, the main reason is that there was really a lot of movement on poloniex, with price that keeped jumping up and down, in a very short time...
Let's see if they start to stabilize as soon as btc value stabilizes too