Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898709 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Called it.

You did... good call.

Lol. What a joke.

Why? Because he made money on the short side even though everyone here was patronizing him?  I'll follow the joker who makes money vs the preacher's who shout conspiracy any day

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
we will see 1400 or 1300 soon. Should not have bought in here.

You're not off the hook yet.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Blazin8888

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
The trend is still intact. We just grind sideways a couple weeks until 2.0 launch and Chinese summit. Really nothing to get worked up about. As bullish as ever. I'm expecting new investment flows to enter mostly from Chinese. I hope Stan brings his A game.

Offline dave23

• View Profile
That might have worked if they had done it a few days ago.
Now its too late, shorts got to cover at a profit and longs got rekt.

it could.....shorters closing their position would boost the market so if it starts going up, it's a race to profit.

What's the status for Cagara at this point?

he got banned from Poloniex chat for announcing his next move on ETH. 

Poloniex is a bit two-faced on this, prohibiting any discussion, but implicitly allowing the actual P&Ds.

Offline phillyguy

What if some large fish borrowed all available bts and shorted from a very high price like 1BTC.  After all bts is loaned out we would need to set borrow requests for the max rate(2% I think).  It would cost us money, but as rates rose, the loaners that are loaning to the shorts would raise their rates, and thus remove their auto-renews. 

What's the status for Cagara at this point?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
What if some large fish borrowed all available bts and shorted from a very high price like 1BTC.  After all bts is loaned out we would need to set borrow requests for the max rate(2% I think).  It would cost us money, but as rates rose, the loaners that are loaning to the shorts would raise their rates, and thus remove their auto-renews. 

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

the problem with bts is that SOME long term supporters of the project are bagholders who lost 90% of their money by irrational and bad decisions of the past and don't have anymore to invest.

ftfy

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Pro tip: don't blame your losses on anything but yourself. No one is making you buy or sell. Take responsibility and you will start to realize that the markets are designed to separate a fool and his money.

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline emailtooaj

"black swan" taking us lower.  :-\

The crash was actually somewhat due to me.  The price of BTS on Poloniex is entirely controlled by 2 parties, one single bot and Cagara.  I saw the bot dumping into buy walls while putting up sells lower than market rate to try and drive down price on purpose, then right after that, it or someone else removed 100+ BTC buy support so there was like 70 BTC buy support only.  I instantly closed my long because I knew something was up and after I did, like 10 people got margin called and price imploded.  Then I bought back in at 2200.

If I stayed in, price would have only gone to 2300-2400 probably, but I wasn't going to be the sole person trying to keep BTS up and lose money while everyone else tries to crash it on purpose.  Anyone that wants to support BTS price, all you need to do is put some BTC in the margin trade account on Poloniex and put up a margin buy, even at some super low number that will never be filled to give the appearance of support.  (i.e. 10btc in margin trade accounts gets you a 25btc buy at 1800 that will never be filled).  This is why the Ethereum wall looks so huge, but nobody is doing it on BTS.
That's an excellent point r0ach. Of course Polo is "some what" new to BTS so most ppl haven't seen or used these tactics yet, but you're absolutly right.
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Pro tip: don't blame your losses on anything but yourself. No one is making you buy or sell. Take responsibility and you will start to realize that the markets are designed to separate a fool and his money.
Do you guys realize you can make a profit from something else than trading in BitShares2? Maybe you should think about that again and change strategy?
I for myself have quit trading many months ago ..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I love crypto markets.  They trade much more technically and with less fake outs than regular markets.  We came to the end of a triangle, where price was destined to break hard one way or another, and it did just that.  Quit screaming manipulation. Markets are constantly searching for liquidity, and bts found some on the lower end.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
the problem with bts is that long term supporters of the project are bagholders who lost 90% of their money by irrational and bad decisions of the past and don't have anymore to invest.
so i think that these fluctuations are due to new people who don't really care about holding bts but only day trade.
If the old investors of bts who dumped a year ago do not come back to re invest massively or we do not attract any new serious whales who want to hold for some time and invest in bts then the price will never go up.
i have done my part for over 2 years buying at any level and unfortunately i don't have absolutely nothing to invest anymore in any crypto. I don't have even a single 0.1btc to invest..that is just sad.. :(