Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887012 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
All the alts are having a bad day today as the price of bitcoin keeps going up.

I think we're witnessing a realignment of the crypto economy. Bitcoin is showing signs of a big breakout after a year of flat prices. This could be the end of a two-year cycle that started with the collapse of bitcoin prices in December 2013. While we have been hodling BTS for two years, potential crypto investors have spent the last two years studying the implications of blockchain technology.

Right now, BTC price is rising because Chinese citizens are trading yuan for bitcoin. Chinese holders of renminbi need a safe haven in their slowing economy where the renminbi is being devalued. Potentially, a whole lot of interested parties with lots of investment capital may finally get the FOMO needed to push the price of BTC over $10,000.

Meanwhile, BTS early adopters are getting hammered by the recent 70% drop in prices as other adopters trade their bts to buy bitcoin.

BTS holders should keep hodling while they root for bitcoin. Once the price of BTC jumps back above $1000, it will be a mad rush into existing 2.0 projects. The price of bts will go north fast.
Thing is if bitcoin drops or maintains this price, BTS will likely not go up
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
So it's true that double spending 1.0/2.0 is a thing?

Hello Portabello youre new so let me explain what happened. About 11 months ago BM had the genius idea to create a second genesis block that gave 30 million vesting BTS (no strings attached of course) to 1 guy for the purpose of adding voting services to BitShares. Because apparently blockchain voting is a huge market. That one guy has to constantly dump his millions of BTS to pay taxes, because they are due on the price you received an asset.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:16:41 pm by speedy »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Its AE's fault, hes dumping millions of BTS spawned from thin air:

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/account/follow-my-vote/overview

But dont worry, hes registered loads of liberals and conservatives +5%, and he paid yourmom for services rendered.

no.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
I guess the only people* who would want to sell BTS at 1000 sats are those who got it free.

You're giving most crypto-n00bs too much credit. They'll sell at any price just to gtfo. ;)

*only people with millions of free BTS anyway...

As for whether hes only claimed half of his vesting stake - so what? Hes going to claim it all eventually, half of which will have to be dumped to pay taxes and the other half to fund his pipe dream that does squat to help BTS.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:57:34 pm by speedy »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
bitcoin is rising and all altcoins suffer.

BTS, started it but more coins are following ETH is also down >10%

Tuck Fheman

I guess the only people who would want to sell BTS at 1000 sats are those who got it free.

You're giving most crypto-n00bs too much credit. They'll sell at any price just to gtfo. ;)

Tuck Fheman

and he paid yourmom for services rendered.

My Mom only accepts Bitcoin. ;)

Offline topcandle

Fav unforunately moved this discussion to the random section.  here was their answer.

I just wanted to thank the BitShares community for continuing to take interest in Follow My Vote's activities.

Also, to set the record straight, Follow My Vote has yet to claim over half of our vesting stake, which was allocated to fund the development of voting software for the BitShares community, nor have we spent all of the stake that we have claimed to date. We have stake stored within multiple BitShares accounts and on multiple cryptocurrency exchanges. Any of the claimed stake we have sold to date has been to support the development of said voting software. On that note,  later this week, we will be releasing the code we've developed to date as open source and will be publishing the code to our github repo at that time.

Several months ago, I also pledged 1M BTS to be spent on helping to directly market BitShares to the world. To this end, we will be working with the team at FreebieServers.com in the days ahead to sponsor a BitShares branded gaming tournament.

We'll be sure to keep you posted on all of the above.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

But dont worry, hes registered loads of liberals and conservatives +5%, and he paid yourmom for services rendered.

Is this true?I guess the only people who would want to sell BTS at 1000 sats are those who got it free.

Offline Portabello75

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:41:39 pm by speedy »

Offline Portabello75

• View Profile

I think we're witnessing a realignment of the crypto economy. Bitcoin is showing signs of a big breakout after a year of flat prices. This could be the end of a two-year cycle that started with the collapse of bitcoin prices in December 2013. While we have been hodling BTS for two years, potential crypto investors have spent the last two years studying the implications of blockchain technology.

Right now, BTC price is rising because Chinese citizens are trading yuan for bitcoin. Chinese holders of renminbi need a safe haven in their slowing economy where the renminbi is being devalued. Potentially, a whole lot of interested parties with lots of investment capital may finally get the FOMO needed to push the price of BTC over $10,000.

Meanwhile, BTS early adopters are getting hammered by the recent 70% drop in prices as other adopters trade their bts to buy bitcoin.

BTS holders should keep hodling while they root for bitcoin. Once the price of BTC jumps back above $1000, it will be a mad rush into existing 2.0 projects. The price of bts will go north fast.

I doubt it. The massive lack of communication after 2.0 release, the issues with BTC38 and speculation about double chain spending etc. Is killing BTS as it is now. I know people that are selling because they are literally worried the project will die. And as usual, developers only care about PR or communication when they are pumpin it (see. 1 month ago)

Offline mukul13

• View Profile

I was having the same viewpoint. Totally agree

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

Offline topcandle

If you look at it in terms of € or $ it's not that bad. I bought bts end of August for 0.0029€, now it just spiked down to 0.0032€ and went up directely to 0.0035€.

Bitcoin is also very volatile, looking bts price in btc is not enought. IMHO, you also need to look at the price btc/fiat or bts/fiat.

The only problem is if you got margin margin call (I did :(  ). But this is more a matter of trading risks that purely long term investment.

The thing is when Bitcoin falls in price again-- we will go down with it.  So BTS per Fiat will be much lower as well.