Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 897698 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Over $2M 24-hour volume on CMC.  I think that's an all-time record.

I dont think it is, not even close.

CMC shows us as having $6,366,160 daily volume on March 11, 2016. So we're like...a third of the way there anyway.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

I dont think it is, not even close.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
Sharedrop is a random time between Sept. 1st and Sept 16th, so you don't know when it will fall. Are you still in BTS at all Ander? I saw you had sent a bunch to poloniex and figured you just said screw it for Monero instead lol.

BTW, you deserve every penny you're making with Monero right now. I always appreciated your input on BTS back in the day, and how you were always steadfastly optimistic and weathered the toughest of BTS downturns. And looking back through your Monero thread you got quite a bit of shit from BTS-talkers earlier this year about buying in when you did...so I really do feel you deserve this time of happiness.  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:06:00 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Oh dang, I didnt know that about the sharedrop and not giving it to exchanges.  Its going to take a while to get BTS back off polo. :(

How long does the sharedrop go for?  Will I lose much if i miss the first few days on some of my BTS?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
;)

Indeed, when Stan said 'this summer' I didnt realize that he was talking about Monero in the summer of 2016!  But apparently he was!

Still wish I would've listened to you not even 2 months ago:

June 8.  Price is in the 170s.

Buy back into monero now, as much as you can.

(Not actually investment advice).

But heh, with the one-two punch of Steem and now BTS rising I'm finally well back into the black on my investments, so I'm a happy camper. Good time to be an alt-coiner, that's for sure.

:D

Offline escalicha

• View Profile
    • Forobits.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
;)

Indeed, when Stan said 'this summer' I didnt realize that he was talking about Monero in the summer of 2016!  But apparently he was!

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

|
   |
   |
  V

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Thanks for the info on Notes. I'll look into it and see if I can access them.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good observation. Speaking of share dropping when I migrated to 2.0 my Notes didn't show up. Any idea what happened to them?
NOTES have been forked onto a separated blockchain. Your assets are there and no longer as NOTEs on BitShares

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Good observation. Speaking of share dropping when I migrated to 2.0 my Notes didn't show up. Any idea what happened to them?

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
The price may be increasing due to the upcoming Peerplays snapshot.  This will take place over a period of weeks at the beginning of September.

An interesting decision was made for the sharedrop which we may be seeing play out in the market price.  Namely, that known exchanges will not be included in the share drop.  This means that if you own BTS and would like your portion of the Peerplays share drop, you have to move those coins off the exchanges before the sharedrop begins.

Thus the price increase may be due to the diminishing supply of BTS on the exchanges as people move their BTS in anticipation of the shapshot.

It has been speculated several times on this forum that keeping BTS off the exchanges might boost the price.  There was even a proposal by @tonyk which would take BTS off the exchanges completely.  But i don't remember the details.

It is a very interesting experiment we are seeing play out.  And if in fact this is causing the price increase, a very lucrative business model to drive the BTS price would be to propose dividend payments or sharedrops to BTS holders which take place at random (unforeseeable) times in the future, and exclude the exchanges.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:24:50 pm by blahblah7up »

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
Maybe it's because BTS is awesome? No no, that would be too reasonable. As we know markets are irrational, it's gotta be something else. Hmm.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
BTS looks primed for a spike up in price +1000 sat. Soonish.

Wow 970 sat now. Not sure when we saw that the last time.
But why the sudden increase? Peerplays snapshot shouldn't account for more than ~$500k cap increase. Crypto markets are highly counterintuitive as it seems  :D