Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 886952 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Despite all the "great" fundamentals and news, this sucker continues to crash to all time lows vs BTC and is about to break the little support it has against the dollar.  Even a slight correction in BTC is going to cause bts to plunge. 5 mill market cap here we come...

But I'm not worried because I have been assured by bts bagholders that people would be "crazy" to sell at these prices... I wonder if they will still be considered crazy when they are still selling at 5 million?

Offline EstefanTT

We have BitShares Munich working on having a new worker, echo app, stealth and blockpay, Ronny have really cool news aboit apptrade, cents and other news projects he brings to bts, Bitkapital is bringing lots of news users, there is also this new gateway I can't remember the name, the numbers of Tx /day is incresing, Ronny get its new 'simple' GUI interface, Chris4210 has take the "lead" to have some stuff done, we have a new special BitShares hangout, hundreds of messages a day in the telegram channel, steemit users coming to Bitshares to use UIA to build their projects. We can add to that the projects beeing build behind the scenes yhat can pop up anytime.

It looks good to me ! Nobody is crazy enough to sell at these price, much less at 10% lower.

If I could, I would be bying more at this price.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Chronos

at $0.0033 per BTS, the price is about 10% higher than all-time lows of $0.003, from what I can tell. If it drops below that, I think it will be in new (bad) territory.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
What a blood bath today.  Who wants to call the bottom?

Doesn't it feel great to experience all the bitcoin sell offs but none of the rallies?

5 million market cap here we come!  Maybe buy a little bit there and sell on the pop to lower highs before this dog really sells off.

chryspano

My inaccurate intuitive random number generator prediction is 7.820.000

Offline Chronos

I called the bottom already. He did not pick up the phone.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline mr-whitekey

bitshares doesn't participate in any of the bitcoin rallies, but falls when bitcoin sells off...

I'm sure there is someone here who can explain to me how bullish that is.

The answer of "The future of bitshares has never looked brighter!" is not valid anymore when describing the price of the bts token.... That saying has been regurgitated thousands of times and the price keeps falling.

Pumps keeping getting smaller...
I bought a pretty sizeable chunk of BTS about a year ago. It was my second month into the Crypto-Blockchain space and nearly every free moment I spent reading, learning about the industry and scouting out opurtunity. Yes, most of my motivation was/is long term speculation, but I do believe in the underlying aim of decentralization. I chose BTS (of many) not because it was a competitor with Bitcoin, but because it was so unique. At the time Open Ledger was simply amazing and nothing like it existed.

I will be the first to admit that I do not know if BTS will ever massively succeed and make my investment worth it, but I do believe it should be judged on different merits than Bitcoin and other "currencies". Currently BTS is not really trying to be a currency but a platform for exchange. I agree it is struggling, but I do not think you should compare it to bitcoin, as it is very different in form and function.

I do enjoy hearing your thoughts on BTS, because I have a financial interest in not being blind to reason and on the whole you have been reasonable.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
bitshares doesn't participate in any of the bitcoin rallies, but falls when bitcoin sells off...

The answer of "The future of bitshares has never looked brighter!" is not valid anymore when describing the price of the bts token.... That saying has been regurgitated thousands of times and the price keeps falling.

It's good to have your voice on here, stopping this from being an entirely "bitshares future is amazing" discussion. Progress and ideas are best arrived at through some healthy contention.

Although I'm confused about your motive. Why say the future doesn't look bright? All I can think is that you want people to sell so that you can buy cheaper. Which means I should buy more.

Never go against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!!

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
Actually, BTS:USD doesn't look bad.

Considering that we had some selling pressure from the merger, we are doing good !

This year feels like a good year for graphene chains. Steem and Peerplays aim to an easier public than we are with BTS but I don't see Steem and Peerplays growing without BitShares.
More and more Steem projects are related with BTS thanks to fuzzy always explaining how they can use our UIA on beyong bitcoin show. This will link the trajectory of Steem and BTS.
Peerplays growing may also have a good impact on our volumes trading.
I feel very positif looking at 2017 !!!

+5%
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline EstefanTT

Actually, BTS:USD doesn't look bad.

Considering that we had some selling pressure from the merger, we are doing good !

This year feels like a good year for graphene chains. Steem and Peerplays aim to an easier public than we are with BTS but I don't see Steem and Peerplays growing without BitShares.
More and more Steem projects are related with BTS thanks to fuzzy always explaining how they can use our UIA on beyong bitcoin show. This will link the trajectory of Steem and BTS.
Peerplays growing may also have a good impact on our volumes trading.
I feel very positif looking at 2017 !!!

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Chronos

How about this new saying: "The future of Bitshares looks brighter than the previous future of Bitshares actually was!"

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
If BTS price continues the trend of 3 months up then 3 months down, then up, then down, up, down. Then this is the beginning of 3 months up.

Offline Methodise

I still think this is interesting...  ::)

https://steemit.com/bitshares/@Methodise/impending-uk-restrictions-on-derivatives-presents-opportunity-for-bitshares

BTS: methodise