Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887326 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Take profits imo.  We got a 10x from the 300 level.

Dont sell it all!  Just take profits and diversify.  Dont be the noob who is in just one coin and has to suffer through its bear phases (like I was in 2014!) :D

I am diversifying into a lot of things that have not had huge 5-10x pumps recently. 
Well, a couple of these have risen a lot, but I like them.

Things I like now, by market cap:

Monero
Maidsafe
Stratis (wait for a pullback imo)
Siacoin
Syscoin
Komodo
Counterparty
Vertcoin
Ubiq
I/OCoin
Rubycoin
Burst
Supernet

Special mention to the three coins that were on polo and got delisted on my list: I/OCoin, Rubycoin, and Supernet.  Many of the coins that were delisted are crap, but these are NOT and it was a mistake for polo to delist them imo.  I researched the coins that were delisted because they all crashed, and these three stood out to me as being a mistake for polo to remove, and being undervalued due to the price crashing on delist.  Honestly they are all super undervalued now, entirely as a result of their delisting, which is the only reason they dropped.  I have been buying them since the delist.

IOC has a major release coming in the next two months.
Rubycoin was close to releaseing a trading app for poloniex (LOL polo), but will be doing it for bittrex instead.
Supernet is an NXT asset that holds a lot of crypto (IOTA, Komodo, etc), and is valued at well below the value of the assets it holds.

IOC and Ruby are on Bittrex.  Supernet sadly isnt and you have to go to NXT asset exchange to get it, so if thats too annoying you can skip that one. 

Diversify whatever of your cryptos have gone 10x recently like BTS, and put 5% of that amount into each of them on this list, and hold the remainder in BTC or even USD waiting for an altcoin correction.  This is extremely likely to perform better for you and also be safer than remaining in one coin that has pumped.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:36:29 am by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

Where did all the FUD go? I am used to read all that FUD when the price is moving

Ok... Here is what many consider FUD... Even though they are valid concerns.

1.  And this is an obvious #1,  bitshares is merely caught up in a giant alt coin pump.  While seeing it move up against some of the other currencies is a positive, did Bytecoin, Stellar, factom, peercoin or 90% of the other coins do anything to warrant their pump as well?  No.

2.  The pump is being contained mostly to the centralized exchanges.  Account creations is stagnant and transfers hasn't made a new high.  Filled orders has made new highs, but that is probably due to more people hearing about all the easy money they can make running a bot... I'm sure that is going to end well.

3.  The money isn't flowing to derivative projects for basically any of the major platforms.  The money is staying one derivative below bitcoin.  In real bull markets, small caps outperform large caps.

4.  Bitshares fundamentals have not changed (mostly the inability for the chain to not operate at a loss), and in some cases the fundamentals have gotten worse.  The debacle at blockpay and possible delay of stealth is very concerning.  Not everyone shares this opinion, but I believe stealth was the most important factor for near term BTS growth.

Whats bullish??

The inablility for people to withdraw bitcoin to fiat is bullish.  It gives exposure to bitUSD or bitCNY as a low volatility solution.  Their has definitely been growth there, and maybe the bitUSD/CNY holders will begin to look at projects on the DEX and start investing in those.

Momentum- The momentum is super strong in everything crypto, but that could change on a dime with one quip out of the PBOC or other regulatory board about crypto currencies.  I think all of crypto, including BTS has either topped or will top this week.  How long that top lasts I don't know, but I expect btc to be at $1000USD and bts at $0.015 by the end of June.

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered... Don't be a pig if you are sitting on a 10-15 bagger here.  Parabolic markets always reverse and they reverse hard.

Although I do see you as being a consistent contrarian to must of the "hodlers" around here, I agree with most of what you said here. I too believe when this bull market in crypto ends BTS price will decline sharply. However, and your projections agree, it will not drop back to the lows in January. The reason is this crypto pump has brought more eyes on BitShares to see how undervalued it has been and the amazing tech that offers so much performance and many of the benefits other chains offer, such as human readable account names. Not to mention the other things nobody offers, such as infrastructure for AML / KYC compliance if that's what your business requires.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Where did all the FUD go? I am used to read all that FUD when the price is moving

Ok... Here is what many consider FUD... Even though they are valid concerns.

1.  And this is an obvious #1,  bitshares is merely caught up in a giant alt coin pump.  While seeing it move up against some of the other currencies is a positive, did Bytecoin, Stellar, factom, peercoin or 90% of the other coins do anything to warrant their pump as well?  No.

2.  The pump is being contained mostly to the centralized exchanges.  Account creations is stagnant and transfers hasn't made a new high.  Filled orders has made new highs, but that is probably due to more people hearing about all the easy money they can make running a bot... I'm sure that is going to end well.

3.  The money isn't flowing to derivative projects for basically any of the major platforms.  The money is staying one derivative below bitcoin.  In real bull markets, small caps outperform large caps.

4.  Bitshares fundamentals have not changed (mostly the inability for the chain to not operate at a loss), and in some cases the fundamentals have gotten worse.  The debacle at blockpay and possible delay of stealth is very concerning.  Not everyone shares this opinion, but I believe stealth was the most important factor for near term BTS growth.

Whats bullish??

The inablility for people to withdraw bitcoin to fiat is bullish.  It gives exposure to bitUSD or bitCNY as a low volatility solution.  Their has definitely been growth there, and maybe the bitUSD/CNY holders will begin to look at projects on the DEX and start investing in those.

Momentum- The momentum is super strong in everything crypto, but that could change on a dime with one quip out of the PBOC or other regulatory board about crypto currencies.  I think all of crypto, including BTS has either topped or will top this week.  How long that top lasts I don't know, but I expect btc to be at $1000USD and bts at $0.015 by the end of June.

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered... Don't be a pig if you are sitting on a 10-15 bagger here.  Parabolic markets always reverse and they reverse hard.

Offline lakerta06

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Does anyone know what is going on? Bts definetly is geting some attetion it deserves but all this sudden paranoia in almost all alts is not "normal"

I'd like to know that too. It's just crazy. Even for crypto markets.

I do enjoy it though, as long as it lasts  :D

chryspano

Does anyone know what is going on? Bts definetly is geting some attetion it deserves but all this sudden paranoia in almost all alts is not "normal"

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Tomorrow we are taking over Steem  ;)

according to my estimation , STEEM's candle chart will rise significantly as well so ....not sure . :P
You were right  ;)

Offline Thom

You lost me at

An increasingly ALT/Bitcoin bear market

This is the most bullish crypto market we've ever seen currently.

I think it's most obvious that the price rise is due to the good news that has come out: EOS + HERO

look at Doge coin....do they have EOS + HERO ?

look at STR....

look at other crap coins......

it's not related to news.
it's related to the acceleration of an overall bullish market.

+5% I agree
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
You lost me at

I think it's most obvious that the price rise is due to the good news that has come out: EOS + HERO

look at STR....

Information asymmetry, my friend.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
You lost me at

look at STR....

My guess is much of the price rise could be blamed on the inability to sell BTC on the exchanges... BTC holders (Chinese??) could be trying to lower their exposure by diversifying across other crypto's which is causing the spike in virtually every alt.  The alt coin derivatives, such as many of the ethereum, nxt, and bitshares based assets have not seen as dramatic of a price rise.  Question is, does this money that's flowed into the more liquid alt coins move to the less liquid alt coin derivative and assets?  That could be the next boom...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
You lost me at

look at STR....

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

according to my estimation , STEEM's candle chart will rise significantly as well so ....not sure . :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think that today we will take over Waves on Coinmarketcap  ;)

wow.. nailed it.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
How solid is this bitUSD peg? What are the risks associated?

BitAssets work just as intended.  With the price rising everyday, might be a time to either take a gain and hold bitUSD or short it for the adventurous.

Read:
https://bitshares.org/technology/price-stable-cryptocurrencies/
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/papers/index.html