Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 129703 times)

Offline jamesc

This is Fun....  I program BitShares web wallets.   : slim180

Offline twitter

• View Profile
witness:

Tuck Fheman

I am now questioning whether or not this is intended as a veiled insult

u jelly brah?  :P

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
My id:ebit
I was in the weibo.com propaganda BTS
 +5%
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:27:23 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Are you all nuts? - the OP as well as all responders?

Encouraged Ass licking points?

WTF...

and 'brown-nosing . pts' should be available btw no need to go for brownie when the correct term is available...

That was my first thought. My eighth grade english teacher always handed out brownie points, then joked about the asskissers who got them with those of us who were deemed cool (no idea how I got into that group).

Then I went to the wikipedia page and learned that there are other etymologies, other than the scatological one you and I are so familiar with, tonyk.

With toast posting asking for his brownie points, I am now questioning whether or not this is intended as a veiled insult (if I wanted to make a point about how a bunch of people are all talk no rock, I'd make a UIA with a subtle insult embedded in the name and make sure it never has any value).

Either way, I could see these points having historical value someday even if the sole purpose is to make a point; and I would like to lay claim to any that I may have left over from previous cheerleadery.

The expression sometimes carries a negative connotation of having accomplished something petty, or of a reward of no real value

I've done some petty accomplishing on this forum, particularly in the period of time before heavy hitting marketers like method-x, murderistic, and kenCode came along.

Merockstar here, verified bts ids from previous posts are "ian" and "merockstar"

Originally, my plan was to go into lurker status for a long ass time while I pursue an education, then come back in a few years guns blazing with substantive contributions (that's still my plan, actually, but it was gonna be a surprise). But my intrigue from this post has knocked me out of lurker status.

I still hodl and still consider myself a supporter in spite of all. If previous concerns haven't destroyed all favor that I've held, I'd love some of these, whatever they are, to add to my collection of STAR.

I can't download the blockchain right now, so I may have some already and not even know about it.

EDIT: Also, tony, I'd love some of any parody UIA that you or anyone else may issue.

Tuck: Yes... yes I am.

Ok, going back into lurker mode again now.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:41:33 am by unreadPostsSinceLastVisit »

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Huzzah for opportunities to light-heartedly speculate/brag about our dubious achievements!

I recruited Nathan, and it's possible I introduced Eddie Corral to BitShares originally.  Was he that guy with ZenithCoin at the Texas Bitcoin Conference?  :P

I am "Troglodactyl".

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
and 'brown-nosing . pts' should be available btw no need to go for brownie when the correct term is available...

Sounds like a great idea tony. You should register the BROWNNOSE UIA so that you can start liberally issuing them out to people as a statement. :D

I think the transfer can be sent to the account's public balance, right? And maybe you can freeze the asset after sending it to them so that the receiver can't get rid of it. :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:54:02 pm by arhag »

Tuck Fheman

That's rhetorical, right? Cuz, I don't have a doctor's note or anything, but it's up for debate among my peers.

I believe "Salad Tosser Points" is the PC term.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I will award brownie points for just about anything that I appreciate and in proportion to the amount that I appreciate it.  

Technically all Brownie Points mean is that you are on my good side.

WTF...

I found it strange too. That's why I thought this could be some kind of experiment with a potential reputation system.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I will award brownie points for just about anything that I appreciate and in proportion to the amount that I appreciate it.  

Technically all Brownie Points mean is that you are on my good side.

WTF...

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline lakerta06

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
is this the very beginning of a reputation system?

More like God-Emperor doling out favors from his spaceship in the clouds system.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Mmmm brownies. This will be a fun experiment.

I appreciate whatever amount you think is fair (BTS handle: arhag). My contributions are just the public proposals, critiques, and analysis that I have shared on this forum (and a little on GitHub) over the past year now.

I have to say though, far more rewarding than any Brownie Points is seeing the ideas and changes I have fought for on this forum finally realized (in some form or other) in BitShares 2.0: generalized BitAssets, dynamic parameters, adding back TaPOS, separation of delegates and workers (this one was such a struggle for some reason), only enforcing maintenance collateral limits & allowing collateral to be adjusted up and down (see the two paragraphs after the third quote), and proper limit orders instead of WYAIWYG. Now just give us child DACs (I can see you guys might have already discussed some initial ideas similar to this from this doc), blockchain pruning & better light client security, and dividends (unfortunately dividends become either very complicated or impossible with Confidential Transactions, and so does seizing funds for that matter), and I'll appreciate that far more than any amount of BROWNIE.PTS.

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Thanks Bytemaster.

Brownie PTS is best PTS!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads