Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 129677 times)

Tuck Fheman

3. Should I register my others accounts holding Brownies in the forum?

If you do you already have 4 Sharedrops waiting for you to withdraw. ;)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I think I read at some point something about coin age of Brownies airdrop on Brownies but I don't remember where and what was the answers..

Questions:

1. Do I need to keep all my Brownies under my forum name?

2. Is it better if I transfer my Brownies to my forum name?

3. Should I register my others accounts holding Brownies in the forum?

38PTSWarrior

#sharebits "38PTSWarrior" 4.79 BROWNIE.PTS

not much but all I got.
Thanks
If you want a Chateaux just tell me.

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey tonyk, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
#sharebits "38PTSWarrior" 4.79 BROWNIE.PTS

not much but all I got.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

38PTSWarrior

I don't want that so much because I already had voting problems. You cannot judge my hourly worth from away. I just got 10 euro from one Person, this is skill and I don't think that I will get enough sharedrop. Last time I got 40 euro from 2 guys. The people here likely want to give not as much as i'm worth.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:14:52 pm by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey roadscape, here are the results of your tips...
  • xeroc: has been credited 1 HIGHFIVE
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline roadscape

@xeroc @mint chocolate chip yes it is.  and id gladly distribute brownies to you if you can give a general idea of the hours spent working...I am mostly doing this to help out and generally try to get a number of hours figured out for me so i know that it is not my bias deciding.  obviously, however, I hope those who are telling me the hours they worked are doing so transparently here in this thread and also that the other brownie holders are not being undercut for the work theyve done.  it is largely a big and thankless job...but im doing the best i can with it to help our community and those who have chosen to directly contribute to bitshares rather than sit back, work extra hours to buy more stake. 

That said, I guess the definition of "work" is different for different people. For someone in the position 38ptswarrior is in...everyday life probably seems like a heck of a lot of work, which is likely why such a sum was chosen by him in terms of hours worked. 

@xeroc, i believe you have been severely underpaid for your work.  Please consider my request to 38 to have beeen extended to you as well. 
Thanks for you kind words. However, I never actually wrote down my hours and
won't ask for any compensation for work that I did back when I "worked for the
fun" and was mostly curious to learn the tech and some coding languages. Calling
it "severely underpaid" doesn't fit in my case IMHO since I WANTED to do what I
did not because of any compensation. I wouldn't dare asking for more brownies
though I would gladly take them.

You should also note that I do have an agreement with CNX since September this
year and get compensated not only for my technical support but also for
documentation and all kinds of development that are Graphene/BitShares related.

During the last years, I have received a lot of trust and new friends among this
community and that is motivation enough.

Thank you for being open, and well said!!

#sharebits xeroc 1 HIGHFIVE

If I launched a business (or became a billionaire), it would be very convenient to have a list of active community contributors to sharedrop on & honor. Sharedropping on BTS ignores those who have small stakes yet contribute in ways whales can't or won't.

I have no idea what Dan had in mind for brownie.pts... but the community uses it for recognition/reputation, and if it continues to be used going forward, you deserve a healthy share.

Right now brownie.pts feel like bitcoin... a great experiment that opens your eyes to the possibilities (and so far, it's the best we've got) but its weaknesses are coming to light. So we should either clarify the rules (since BM won't, and the community hasn't) or to change focus to new & improved social currencies like Tuck's.

For one, it is important to recognize that the value of everyone's contribution is not equal.
Some people create more value per hour than others, so 100 BROWNIES/hr for any skill level might not be logical.

One solution to this is to continue to use brownies for tracking hours, but having each brownie holder publicly declare/defend their hourly rate (e.g. $10/hr, $50/hr). In this sense it is perfect to give 360,000 brownies to 38ptswarrior, as long as we are all honest about how much value we generate per unit of time...

Sharedroppers would use the public "pay rate" data as a per-account multiplier. BUT they should have the liberty to adjust anyone's hourly rate as they wish. So if I thought xeroc was too modest with 50K brownies @ $50/hr, I could bump it up to $200/hr for the purpose of a custom-tailored sharedrop.

A benefit is that fuzzy could stay out of the politics of judging pay rates and simply confirm that someone's claims of hours are reasonable.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

38PTSWarrior

After thinking again about it I think 3-4 hours a day throughout the 23 months are correct. Or around 2000 to 2500 hours. Hope it's OK for everyone. It's difficult to reconstruct. 

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I don't think its a good idea to publish my numbers

I am begging for stealth (blinded) transactions and multisig in the light wallet. The moment we see stealth, that is the day whales and savers will start to move in to Bitshares. Multisig will bring in more businesses and their investors. The Asset Bot (it creates UIA/FBA for you) will help to shield them.

That's not my point

No, it's my point.. prioritization. Let's bring liquidity.
@kenCode i get frustrated with you because you do so much and dont ask for anything...then fight me trying to give you brownies for all I KNOW you have done.  >:(
So with that said, I think im going to give you some anyway...and you can complain...but if they end up worth nothing then you are no worse off than you are now.  However, if you are interested in ShareBits like i know you are...they will be a big sharedrop target so we can give them to the community instead of all to exchanges...

well thanx fuzzy man i guess brownies are ok, i can dump them on the market, make some bts and gen tx fees in the process which in turn helps Bitshares :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

@xeroc @mint chocolate chip yes it is.  and id gladly distribute brownies to you if you can give a general idea of the hours spent working...I am mostly doing this to help out and generally try to get a number of hours figured out for me so i know that it is not my bias deciding.  obviously, however, I hope those who are telling me the hours they worked are doing so transparently here in this thread and also that the other brownie holders are not being undercut for the work theyve done.  it is largely a big and thankless job...but im doing the best i can with it to help our community and those who have chosen to directly contribute to bitshares rather than sit back, work extra hours to buy more stake. 

That said, I guess the definition of "work" is different for different people. For someone in the position 38ptswarrior is in...everyday life probably seems like a heck of a lot of work, which is likely why such a sum was chosen by him in terms of hours worked. 

@xeroc, i believe you have been severely underpaid for your work.  Please consider my request to 38 to have beeen extended to you as well. 
fun" and was mostly curious to learn the tech and some coding languages. Calling

During the last years, I have received a lot of trust and new friends among this

<3

Thanks for the info.  I am glad cryptonomex is paying you for your work because it is essential. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:39:35 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline mint chocolate chip

btw, to the powers that be if continued effort is worthy of brownies, thanks for considering... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.msg257961.html#msg257961
bitsharesblog.com is a great thing! Please continue with that!

@xeroc @mint chocolate chip yes it is.  and id gladly distribute brownies to you if you can give a general idea of the hours spent working...I am mostly doing this to help out and generally try to get a number of hours figured out for me so i know that it is not my bias deciding.  obviously, however, I hope those who are telling me the hours they worked are doing so transparently here in this thread and also that the other brownie holders are not being undercut for the work theyve done.
@fuzzy
Total Time: 32 hours

38PTSWarrior

Hours per day

December:  4

January 6
February 6
March 2
EDIT: Forgot April in the calculation! Keep it :)
May  2
June 2
July 2
August 2
September 2
October 8
November 8
December 8

January 8
February 8
March 8
April 8
May 8
June 8
July 4
August 4
September 4
October 4
November 4

4: 6 months x 4 hours = 720
6: 2  months x 6 hours =  360
8: 9 months x 8 = 2160
2: 6  months x 2 = 360

= 3600

Originally  calculation after fuzzy told me to really think about it: 23 months x 4 hours = 2760 hours (sorry if I calculated this
December in)

Now I really really thought about it again and wrote down all the months and get 3600.

In some months I left the hostel and worked 12 hours. Because I made a break also,  I calculated 8 hours.
Even when I have a break I pitch BTS since end 2013 to everyone who shows a slight interest. Because I want to change the world.

I am 38PTSWarrior!

All of my videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeMuQXvEAz16TbeveEL7RiQ
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:54:38 am by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline fuzzy

I don't think its a good idea to publish my numbers

I am begging for stealth (blinded) transactions and multisig in the light wallet. The moment we see stealth, that is the day whales and savers will start to move in to Bitshares. Multisig will bring in more businesses and their investors. The Asset Bot (it creates UIA/FBA for you) will help to shield them.

That's not my point

No, it's my point.. prioritization. Let's bring liquidity.

@kenCode i get frustrated with you because you do so much and dont ask for anything...then fight me trying to give you brownies for all I KNOW you have done.  >:(

So with that said, I think im going to give you some anyway...and you can complain...but if they end up worth nothing then you are no worse off than you are now.  However, if you are interested in ShareBits like i know you are...they will be a big sharedrop target so we can give them to the community instead of all to exchanges...

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:09:25 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D