Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 129107 times)

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
We, of course, invested heavily in AGS as did many of our close relatives and friends, so self-interest, not just duty, motivated us to do right by AGSers.  Makeing sure AGS and PTS got treated fairly was the entire reason they merged into BitShares and BitShares was made our new recommended sharedrop target.  (Plus they also got extra BTS just like pre 2/28/14 donors.) Thus, they ARE effectively liquid (when vesting ends).   We wanted to make sure their holders got stakes in everything we do.  All square.

:)

Thank you for your answer. I still can't understand how 'pre' and 'after' 2/28/14  investors are equal as sharedrop target. 'Pre' investors are bought BTSX. 'Post' investor  every other DACs after that.  I don't have problem with my share in BTS(X) I have problem with my position as sharedrop target. As 'post' investor I didn't recived as much BTS as 'pre' investor so I'am much smaller sharedrop target. You changed course after you received our money and proclaimd BTS as new sharedrop target. That is simply not fair against 'post' investor or something I'm not well understood. I don't doubt that you and your family didn't invested heavily in AGS, but problem is that now we have two type od AGS investor.

AGS is not III.

AGS is a large community of people with a demonstrated willingness to give money to develop this industry.  It is the absolutely BEST select group of individuals in the whole wide world for a DAC developer to be courting.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:08:22 pm by dritz3r »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Identabit sharedrop to BTS owners 20%, additional 20% to active part of the community, and no one sure that all this 20% goes to brownie.pts owners.
I think that now we are trying to "divide the skin of not killed bear".
I assume the sharedrop will take place on  Graphene share holders (not current BTS), right?

this makes no difference to me, as current BTS SHs will be the BTS Graphene SHs then .. or do i'm getting something wrong here?

assume after we are all Graphen holders, some of us decide to keep only Graphene and not BTS....
how much Identabits would I receive after one year? (When will the snapshot take place?And where? BTS or Graphene?)

There is no difference since Graphene is an upgrade to BTS, not a parallel chain. BTS is just getting new code inside.  So, whatever random date (block) gets chosen, whether pre or post pitchfork, will have a a single unique genesis distribution to be honored.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We, of course, invested heavily in AGS as did many of our close relatives and friends, so self-interest, not just duty, motivated us to do right by AGSers.  Makeing sure AGS and PTS got treated fairly was the entire reason they merged into BitShares and BitShares was made our new recommended sharedrop target.  (Plus they also got extra BTS just like pre 2/28/14 donors.) Thus, they ARE effectively liquid (when vesting ends).   We wanted to make sure their holders got stakes in everything we do.  All square.

Identabit will drop 20% onto BTS and PTS/AGS holders will get their share that way.    All square.

Now John has to decide how to distribute the rest.  He will use it to attract investors and partners and developers and, yes, members of this community who are more active and helpful than the average bear.   This is pure sharedrop theory in action. 

Brownies were not invented with sharedropping in mind, but they did come out shortly before the time John and I were discussing his genesis distribution.  He was interested in reaching out to people who have demonstrated a willingness to actively help bootstrap a chain and I pointed out that Dan's new brownies were a virtual who's who in that category.  He immediately liked that idea and that was the end of the discussion.

Having formed several companies, I'm familiar with the thinking behind share distribution.  Its all about building the right team and shares are often given to people in proportion to how bad you want them on your team.   That's the duty and right of the founders of any new business.

While John has no obligation to do this, I'm particularly pleased that he honored the best available list of people who selflessly have contributed their time and talent and energy and resources to the Greater Good.  They, unlike any other candidate demographic, are the ones who would be most egregiously left unrewarded if Brownies had not come along at precisely the right time.  This community has had an ongoing chance to add to that list by pointing out their own heroic feats and those of others.  We have tried to be very open to recognizing contributions of many types and I don't know of any valid claim that has gone unrecognized (unless by accident).

There is still time to make your case.  What have you done that would make John want to give you more shares (that he would otherwise sell to raise funds or give to attract other investors, developers, partners, and volunteers) to make sure you were on his team?

:)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:12:39 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline NotSmart

• View Profile
I own AGS and the only reason I invested in BTS is to become the target of future sharedrops. That was the promise from Dan and Stan. AGS buyer had special place in their posts at that time. Now some 'mumble' listener  or Forum member with BROWNIE.PTS have bigger share in future DACs. I invested xx BTC when price was 600USD.  As post 28/2 investor I only received BTS dust and the worst thing is that most of them are still locked. We even did't have chance to sell AGS. Remember you returned PTS which was also the currency for buying AGS.

Dan and Stan is that all. Is that your final decision that Brownie.PTS worth more than AGS. Please answer me I'am really disappointed.

+5% +5% +5%

I think the majority of bitshares supporters have identical concerns...
Is it possible some how to connect brownies with the AGS investors also? For example every AGS investor could receive brownies just because he has valuable for that exact reason... they purchased AGS ! You must @bytemaster show them your appreciation.

PS that would be at last be the partial AGS liquidation  ;)

I would be delighted with that. I have not been active on this forum, but I have followed and donated to AGS. I don't think I qualify for any Brownie.PTS, but sharedropping on AGS would give me some for my backing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:36:02 pm by goosoodude »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Identabit sharedrop to BTS owners 20%, additional 20% to active part of the community, and no one sure that all this 20% goes to brownie.pts owners.
I assume the sharedrop will take place on  Graphene share holders (not current BTS), right?

this makes no difference to me, as current BTS SHs will be the BTS Graphene SHs then .. or do i'm getting something wrong here?

assume after we are all Graphen holders, some of us decide to keep only Graphene and not BTS....
how much Identabits would I receive after one year? (When will the snapshot take place?And where? BTS or Graphene?)

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I own AGS and the only reason I invested in BTS is to become the target of future sharedrops. That was the promise from Dan and Stan. AGS buyer had special place in their posts at that time. Now some 'mumble' listener  or Forum member with BROWNIE.PTS have bigger share in future DACs. I invested xx BTC when price was 600USD.  As post 28/2 investor I only received BTS dust and the worst thing is that most of them are still locked. We even did't have chance to sell AGS. Remember you returned PTS which was also the currency for buying AGS.

Dan and Stan is that all. Is that your final decision that Brownie.PTS worth more than AGS. Please answer me I'am really disappointed.

+5% +5% +5%

I think the majority of bitshares supporters have identical concerns...
Is it possible some how to connect brownies with the AGS investors also? For example every AGS investor could receive brownies just because he has valuable for that exact reason... they purchased AGS ! You must @bytemaster show them your appreciation.

PS that would be at last be the partial AGS liquidation  ;)

Offline testz

We discussing about additional 20% of sharedrop to active community members.
Another 20% goes to BTS owners and it's looks like everybody happy with this.  :) But personally I prefer AGS/PTS instead honor BTS speculators and not fair exchanges.

Offline testz

I agree with you, AGS looks much better sharedrop target than PTS and even BTS, but BROWNIE.PTS for me it's a same as AGS, they distribute to community members which spend time and efforts to make BitShares better. So for me fair sharedrop target is AGS/BROWNIE.PTS, but this is something that DAC creator should decide and I will accept any decision until it's honor AGS/PTS/BTS as it's defined in social consensus.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

"Stupid" question...
since the identabit project will be ready probably next year... I assume the sharedrop will take place on  Graphene share holders (not current BTS), right?

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile

Offline testz

Re: brownie.pts is no longer an UIA

I contacted the CEO of BitShares and asked her if this is true. thank god it's not, so this is misinformation.

i don't get it - i assume it is sarcasm.

if you don't see and feel what i see and feel this is fine with me, but don't make fun on my costs.

Half of the sharedrop to our community is decided by bytemaster alone and if you don't think that this should be discussed openly and communicated openly - i can not help you!

and the funny part is - we have to discuss it in a side board of "trading and specualtion" !

I don't get fav answer as well.
About sharedrop, Identabit honor BTS owners with 20% all rest they can keep or sharedrop as they want: bytemaster BROWNIE.PTS UIA, PTS/AGS, NOTE owner, etc.

Offline testz

i like open communitcation and what you wrote is true, it is more confusing then before!

i am not against sharedroping against active members i just want clarifacation what this people are etc.

i think this is commen sense and is not to much to ask of the decision makers. i am here, because i hate "black box" stuff on centraliced instances, but i don't see much difference in the last month to our case.

Let's see maybe bytemaster will publish the list of initial BROWNIE.PTS drop.
If you hate "black box" stuff - you should hate original BTS sharedrop to PTS owners because no one knows who it's is, for me it's a same as BROWNIE.PTS but here instead mining "black box" we have bytemaster "black box"  :)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Re: brownie.pts is no longer an UIA

I contacted the CEO of BitShares and asked her if this is true. thank god it's not, so this is misinformation.

here's her answer:

i don't get it - i assume it is sarcasm.

if you don't see and feel what i see and feel this is fine with me, but don't make fun on my costs.

Half of the sharedrop to our community is decided by bytemaster alone and if you don't think that this should be discussed openly and communicated openly - i can not help you!

and the funny part is - we have to discuss it in a side board of "trading and specualtion" !

Offline phillyguy

[.
Share list of "who and how much brownie.pts bytemaster gave" it's up to bytemaster brownie.pts his token.

and this is the point i disagree.

- Forming Cryptonomex and doing BTS 2.0 none open-source was a huge change, without discussion
- sharedroping not only on BTS Community, but now decide who is active and who is not, is also a huge change, without discussion (sure, they talked about it in the inner circle, but not with "us")

For this reason it will helpful to make it public who got all the brownie.pts in the beginning. This it not a personal UIA from bytemaster anymore, because it was decided to sharedrop on them.
Underwood said it is bytemasters decision to who he wants to sharedrop. So if i understand this correct, it was not decided from Underwood to sharedrop to brownie.pts, but to make sure that the
active part of the community get more.

As I said before - the brownies idea is extremely stupid... enormously idiotic... nonsense of massive proportions bull ...[continue cursing but lacking  colourful  enough translation in English]...
Just look at who is posting the above - not some common idiot but the 2nd person behind the only independent gateway-metaexchange....

+5%. This ^^^.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads