Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 103798 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The code was published this morning:
https://github.com/kenCode-de/bitshares-wallet
That's great news!!

// edit: great to see another use of the graphene-ui/dl library .. +5%
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:55:24 am by xeroc »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I would recommend to not use large amounts of funds
Just register a new account with it, and do not use this wallet with more than you can afford to lose.

..until the code has been published and some review could be made!

The code was published this morning:
https://github.com/kenCode-de/bitshares-wallet

- How is the f-droid.org integration going? Can we expect to see the app available there soon? (don't forget to brand it as alpha!)
- Has the OPENPOS team considered that having 0 privacy might hinder adoption at the POS ? As privacy concerns mount worldwide, many (not enough, if you ask me  >:() people are mindful of location privacy as well. If the same account is always used on the wallet, well then, it's trivial to dig up who this person is, where they have been, and what they've been buying.
The only way I can see to mitigate the point above is sending stealth to the mobile wallet (which probably doesn't even support that yet), and have the wallet also send via stealth transfer to the merchant. What do you think?

I'm not going to work on the f-droid thing yet. I have to stay focused on standard droids and iphones for now. Once we get outta beta then I will look to publish on f-droid as well.
Smartcoins POS transactions will always show up on the blockchain. At this point I think the mainstream media (and merchant's Accountants of course) will appreciate this technology much better when they can clearly see all of the transactions being sent and received at their POS. Stealth will be available in the wallet future versions as you can see from the roadmap, but the POS software I am going to leave that out for now and see how this goes over with the media after launch. We have to roll this out to the world in a way that shows that merchants are not trying to hide anything.

Thank you karnal for the issues list. We are WELL aware of the issues you mentioned and when we resume after the 11th (see my post just above) those will all be addressed as well. Keep in mind, we are not even at a beta stage yet. 

Everyone, please help support this project with the OPENPOS token!
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile
1. In Settings, when scrolling, the text goes over the bitshares (with the logo, upper left) corner.
2. In Settings, there should be a way of selecting None as the taxable country.
3. In Settings, it would make more sense to allow the user to select how many minutes until the wallet is closed, rather than hardcode it to 3.
4. Trying to set a security pin (000000) always returns "Invalid PIN".
5. The FAQ probably shouldn't live at "Settings".
6. While adding a contact, the input of each individual letter only works exactly 50% of the time.
 6.a. Also, it doesn't seem to find even valid accounts at all.
7. When I click "RECEIVE", all it shows is a blank screen. Such poverty!  ;D
8. When I click "SEND", all it shows is a blank screen. Such lock-in!  ;D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am uploading the Android apk now for anyone who wants to start playing around with it. Downloads, roadmap, bug reports, FAQ, etc will always be accessible from this post:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20762.msg268174.html#msg268174

I would recommend to not use large amounts of funds until the code has
been published and some review could be made!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Outstanding ken!

I'm downloading the apk and running some tests on a google-free android, will let you know of any relevant findings.

Two questions:

- How is the f-droid.org integration going? Can we expect to see the app available there soon? (don't forget to brand it as alpha!)

- Has the OPENPOS team considered that having 0 privacy might hinder adoption at the POS ? As privacy concerns mount worldwide, many (not enough, if you ask me  >:() people are mindful of location privacy as well. If the same account is always used on the wallet, well then, it's trivial to dig up who this person is, where they have been, and what they've been buying.

The only way I can see to mitigate the point above is sending stealth to the mobile wallet (which probably doesn't even support that yet), and have the wallet also send via stealth transfer to the merchant. What do you think?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Here is a 2 part video of the alpha 7 release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1GSbJ7fG3Q&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0&index=2

I am uploading the Android apk now for anyone who wants to start playing around with it. Downloads, roadmap, bug reports, FAQ, etc will always be accessible from this post:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20762.msg268174.html#msg268174

Some features have not been enabled yet like the share with a friend button, editing an existing contact, brainkey, tons of little UI tweaks and other small things.

My mobile guy worked right through the holidays as per my request, so now he is taking a 1 week break. He will return to work next monday the 11th.

Please keep in mind this is not even a beta yet, it is still in alpha stage of development. Just register a new account with it, and do not use this wallet with more than you can afford to lose.

Please help support this OPENPOS project by getting the token itself or by just donating as much as you can to account:

bitshares-munich

Thank you so much, with your help we can make it awesome!
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Please support us with the future development of the Smartcoins Point of Sales System and the BitShares Wallet!

I want to thank all new Early Bird Investors for their outstanding support!!  +5%

enki         Silver
btswolf      Silver
meda      Silver
karnal-bitsharestalk.org      Silver
bitacer      Bronze
spring      Bronze

Thank you all for your great support!
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
My wife and I shot another video tonight, this time of the alpha 7 release. The file is 881MB though, so have to let it upload overnight to youtube. Will post link to it and the apk tomorrow, goin to bed now :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Fyi, I am going to try to shoot an amateur video of the wallet in action tonight once my wife gets home and can watch my girls. Will try to upload it to our youtube channel tonight or tomorrow.

edit: making some UI tweaks tonight, will shoot the video tomorrow afternoon

edit2: here is alpha 6: https://youtu.be/c5y76XGFKwM - will have the new UI loaded up in a few days and will run a new install on my wifes phone too. when you wash out red it looks like frign pink, she loves it but i hate it.. i am hard to please. ok anyway, will have another video uploaded for ya in a few days.
thanx to everyone who has been helping out with the translations too!! :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:27:42 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Imo the Market fee of OPENPOS is a bit too high.
Market fee   2%

Isn't the fee for payment terminals or whatever their called, like 3%? I understand you have a business but the difference might not be worth it for merchants.
I mean the market fee for OPENPOS token in the DEX.
Now the market fee is set to 2%, which means if you buy 100 OPENPOS from the market, 2 OPENPOS will go to CCEDK.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

julian1

Screenshots look really impressive - very clean and functional design. Great job!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Tonight I am researching f-droid app store stuff, Blackphone support and open map api's (for the v2 Finder) so that ultimately we'll never have to rely on google. If you guys have any experience with these 3 things please advise, thanx! 

edit: Leafletjs looks awesome (good idea??)
edit2: After wallet v1.0 is launched, I'll need some help with the f-droid submission, metadata, etc. My Devs have never submitted to f-droid before.
edit3: Who here has a Blackphone2 that we can test on??
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 08:55:55 am by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Due to the Christmas Holidays and New Year Celebrations are we extending the OPENPOS discounts for you!!

Here is the new discount schedule.

Days   discount   bts price   
24.12.2015   35%      16
25.12.2015   35%      16
26.12.2015   35%      16
27.12.2015   20%      20
28.12.2015   20%      20
29.12.2015   20%      20
30.12.2015   20%      20
31.12.2015   20%      20
01.01.2016   10%      23
02.01.2016   10%      23
03.01.2016   10%      23
04.01.2016   10%      23
05.01.2016   10%      23
06.01.2016   5%      24
07.01.2016   5%      24
08.01.2016   5%      24
09.01.2016   5%      24
10.01.2016   5%      24

Please support us with the future development of the Smartcoins Point of Sales System and the BitShares Wallet!

Special thanks goes to our first round of Early Bird Investors for their outstanding support of up to 700 Euro !!

chris4210         Silver
testz                  Silver
in.abit               Silver
lafona               Silver
krondi-x            Silver
kencode            Bronze
emailtooaj         Bronze

Thank you all for your great support!

Cheers from Rom!
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yes, this friday, but I need to know what time.
His time? My time? 11:30 GMT would be perfect for me actually. I am in Germany (GMT+1).
www.PalmPay.chat