Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 103775 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I would not worry about "smart"coin on place of merchant. I would issue my own coin, which is fully backed by my business.

..which the Smartcoins POS supports by default. I have it set so that the code just loops through all of the (active) Smartcoins that have Holders >0 and Feed Price >0 and NOT “Settled” and sort them by name ascending.

In the POS settings, the merchant can also select a UIA that they would like to issue and accept (great for "rewards cards"). We loop through all of the (active) User-Issued Assets (UIA’s) that have Holders >3 and sort them by name ascending. For example:

(  ) OPENBTC (asset['options']['description'])
(  ) OPENDASH (asset['options']['description'])
(  ) MARRIOT.REWARDS (asset['options']['description'])
(x) STARBUCKS.REWARD (Cash in your Starbucks rewards for discounts!)
     [    ] STARBUCKS.REWARD for every $[           ] spent (over any timeframe).

This way, each time a customer buys something, the code can automatically issue some of their UIA to the customer after their purchase has been completed. The merchant can set how many to send and base it on amounts spent.

The mobile wallets of course incorporate this into the send and receive screens as you can see.

Please help support the OPENPOS token, I would really like to have these POS systems done by March!

This is an extremely good job, I admit.  +5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I would not worry about "smart"coin on place of merchant. I would issue my own coin, which is fully backed by my business.

..which the Smartcoins POS supports by default. I have it set so that the code just loops through all of the (active) Smartcoins that have Holders >0 and Feed Price >0 and NOT “Settled” and sort them by name ascending.

In the POS settings, the merchant can also select a UIA that they would like to issue and accept (great for "rewards cards"). We loop through all of the (active) User-Issued Assets (UIA’s) that have Holders >3 and sort them by name ascending. For example:

(  ) OPENBTC (asset['options']['description'])
(  ) OPENDASH (asset['options']['description'])
(  ) MARRIOT.REWARDS (asset['options']['description'])
(x) STARBUCKS.REWARD (Cash in your Starbucks rewards for discounts!)
     [    ] STARBUCKS.REWARD for every $[           ] spent (over any timeframe).

This way, each time a customer buys something, the code can automatically issue some of their UIA to the customer after their purchase has been completed. The merchant can set how many to send and base it on amounts spent.

The mobile wallets of course incorporate this into the send and receive screens as you can see.

Please help support the OPENPOS token, I would really like to have these POS systems done by March!
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yvv

• View Profile
So we'll get merchants. How about users?

Merchants can be the users, immediately converting to bitAssets, however I wouldn't bet much on that. It's awesome they can accept that as a form of payment but for that, someone must be willing to pay using those bitassets. To get people to use them would cost a fortune in marketing and education

I think the mobile wallets will help most with getting more users.

The biggest thing that concerns me is the smartcoins' pegs. But, with btsbots and what Blocktrades is working on right now, I have high hopes that In the coming weeks our smartcoins will get much tighter. I really don't know of any other way to make our smartcoins any better.

Smartcoins and POS go hand in hand IMO, it's the main thing Smartcoins should be used for. Buying stuff and not worrying so much about volatility.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Merchants can be the users, immediately converting to bitAssets, however I wouldn't bet much on that. It's awesome they can accept that as a form of payment but for that, someone must be willing to pay using those bitassets. To get people to use them would cost a fortune in marketing and education

The biggest thing that concerns me is the smartcoins' pegs. But, with btsbots and what Blocktrades is working on right now, I have high hopes that In the coming weeks our smartcoins will get much tighter. I really don't know of any other way to make our smartcoins any better.

Smartcoins and POS go hand in hand IMO, it's the main thing Smartcoins should be used for. Buying stuff and not worrying so much about volatility.

It just needs to get rolling and the peg will (or should) naturally form. It's like you said, at the beggining we just need to buy some stuff here and there and try not to worry much about the peg. As soon as they have utility which they will have now, thing should go into place. btw check your pms
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanks for the quick reply ken,

So to get this straight:

-the 19k is to develope a module for odoo and a mobile wallet... What sort of ROI am I going to get on the funds spent on the wallet?
-Odoo will not default their applications to support bts. It will be on a per install basis.
-since the main benefit of holding openpos is the fee collection, it is critical to know what the cost per transaction is, or at least what the total fees would be from say 1 month with 100 transactions.
-who gets the other 50% of fees and where are the collected fees stored prior to the buyback?

All of the mobile wallets have an "Invite a Friend" button in the top right corner of the Contacts screen. From there, if you share the wallet with a friend you get Referrals. There's a lot of people in the Bitshares community who are not getting any referrals right now so I want to leverage that network effect.

The conversations that we have had with Odoo would imply that they are open to the idea of including cryptocurrency support in their default install, but these Case Studies I mentioned are imperative to sell them on the idea completely. Either way, the App will still be a free, and promoted install from their App store.

As for fees, the per-transaction fee will be in the range of .5 to 1%. So, if the customer buys an apple for $1 and there is 1% being taken as the OPENPOS fee for that transaction, then that 1% is split among the OPENPOS holders each month. I think people will buy more than 1 apple though. As I mentioned in mumble, Cox Communications uses Odoo as well, so this could essentially become a major value-add for a lot of different kinds of companies, not just supermarkets. Home shopping network could now allow their tv watchers to pay with Smartcoins to their account, ie: homeshopping88 - I think 1% is plenty.

Collected fees will be stored with the OPENPOS account and right now @Chris4210X will be distributing them on a monthly basis just like Obits does it. (although we hope to have a script developed so that the process can be automated and Chris can have his life back).
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yvv

• View Profile
What sort of ROI am I going to get on the funds spent on the wallet?

This is a funny question. The term of ROI is irrelevant to such way of raising capital. This is a loan with 0 interest at best, and more likely a donation. This is useful donation, but expecting any return of it is silly.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply ken,

So to get this straight:

-the 19k is to develope a module for odoo and a mobile wallet... What sort of ROI am I going to get on the funds spent on the wallet?
-Odoo will not default their applications to support bts. It will be on a per install basis.
-since the main benefit of holding openpos is the fee collection, it is critical to know what the cost per transaction is, or at least what the total fees would be from say 1 month with 100 transactions.
-who gets the other 50% of fees and where are the collected fees stored prior to the buyback?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
So I have been thinking about investing, but I am concerned with how much bitshares will actually be used by odoo terminals.  Is there any data on how many transactions per day in bitcoin are done on odoo?  Also, what is the typical profit generated per transaction on odoo? Are there any plans to promote bts use on odoo or is the goal just to get it on the terminals? Also can you break down how the 19k will be spent? Is it licensing fees to odoo or is it more for paying programmers for integration?  How difficult is the integration and what are some of the biggest challenges?

Bitcoin is available as an add-on App with Revel (a competitor to Odoo (https://revelsystems.com/ipad-pos/bitcoin-integration)), but has received little fanfare in the research that I did when I was finding the best systems to get us integrated with.

I want Revel to wait a bit more before I approach them with our Smartcoins POS solution which will also support the Blocktrades bridge (which allows the merchant to accept Bitcoin, LTC, Doge, Dash, PPC, etc) - (That is a huge community who would love for our POS systems to also offer their coins!) Once we have the first 3 case studies rolling, we will use them as the example to close the deal for all of Odoo's competitors. Odoo will be first to market with this which is huge. Once Revel and others see that the volatility issue has been taken care of with Smartcoins, our "sell" is going to become much easier over the coming months.

As for transactions per day, their profit etc, I do not have access to that data. I do foresee us beating Visa and Mastercards fees substantially however, which after a while will make it much more attractive than credit cards. Smartcoins are the shit, the bees knees, it's a no-brainer for merchants once they see the benefits to offering them, ie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZw950LCifY&index=3&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7T2LvQ5VQVm5zbiXYXsEsbp

As for promoting Bitshares use on Odoo, we have a 3 part plan for that:
  • Develop the app first and get it marketed. We have a coffee shop, a brewery and an electronics retailer chain who are already very interested in this as well. They (and probably others..! *hint hint*) will serve as our Case Studies.
  • Develop the module for core Odoo integration (so it is installed by default)
  • Utilize Odoo's existing marketing efforts. They now have a massive value-add to their core products.

The 19K is the exact number that we need to finish the mobile wallets (android, iOS, windows, and hopefully Blackphone 2) and get the Smartcoins POS for Odoo finished (hopefully by March). As it looks right now, we are at about 10K of that 19K just in the first couple weeks so we are nearly there. We took quite a hit when that whale pulled out the other day but it is recovering again nicely now. 

All of my Devs are strategically located around the world. I keep a decentralized team for a number of reasons. I always use escrow and they must meet specific milestones before they are paid. I have been working with some of my Devs for many many years and they always strive for more work from me, so rest assured I have the best team money can buy. They don't whine about vacation time, or benefits, they just work their asses off and get the jobs done on time and on budget.

Difficulty? In over 20 years of outsourcing, I have never been confronted with a job that I could not complete on time or within budget. POS integrations and mobile wallets are no different.

Please help support us with the OPENPOS token if you can. Thank You!
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
So I have been thinking about investing, but I am concerned with how much bitshares will actually be used by odoo terminals.  Is there any data on how many transactions per day in bitcoin are done on odoo?  Also, what is the typical profit generated per transaction on odoo? Are there any plans to promote bts use on odoo or is the goal just to get it on the terminals? Also can you break down how the 19k will be spent? Is it licensing fees to odoo or is it more for paying programmers for integration?  How difficult is the integration and what are some of the biggest challenges?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
A recommended markets page is a great idea, maybe @Stan could coordinate that? After the 10th when the OPENPOS token goes live on the dex, we really NEED as much help with marketing as possible. Please.
The one is already in OpenLedger, the "favorite markets" page. For you who are developing a mobile wallet, you can have your own page inside the app.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Once i get the website setup for the mobile wallets download, i will then look into becoming a registrar/faucet, but for now, using openledger is fine. 

A recommended markets page is a great idea, maybe @Stan could coordinate that? After the 10th when the OPENPOS token goes live on the dex, we really NEED as much help with marketing as possible. Please.

That third idea is brilliant. It would be almost like a paid advertising for them. Blocktrades and Metaexchange are really the only bridge choices right now though.. that I know of. Smartcoins POS will use the bridge too, not just the mobile wallets.

Thanx! :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Hmm.. I missed last mumble session. Could someone please tell me is there anything new? Thanks.

The google translation is terrible. Can you summarize what is being said or asked?
Thanx :)
My English is not as good as google.. let me try:
* use your own faucet instead of the one provided by openledger for account registration, so you can earn more referral income
* market page: ask UIA issuers to pay for listing on a "recommended markets" page
* withdraw/deposit page: ask bridges/gateways to pay periodically for listing, sort the list in descending order by the amount of payment.

就手机钱包而言,可以在钱包里固化新账户注册权,这样可以提成,然后还可以把默认交易市场进行招标,默认充值网关排序推广