Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 103811 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
nothing you can do on your end since you have to receive the data before you can filter it ..

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx guys. :)

Question: Ok, so it has come to my attention that the mobile app will suck up over 400MB if left open for 20+ minutes, this is not good. The nice thing is that this is a real-time wallet, no refresh is needed- Watch the block number in the bottom right corner. When someone sends you some money it shows up in the normal 3 seconds. Thing is, that real-time connection is sucking up my data plan! This friday (2 more days) I will be uploading the alpha 9 release and it has the 3 minute auto-close feature working. That will help *limit* data usage, but leaving your mobile wallet open for even 3 minutes might STILL suck up around 60MB grrrr - anybody have any idea why the socket is eating so much data? Is it downloading a frign movie or something? wtf

@svk @valzav @xeroc Any ideas on how I can limit the data usage?

If you're using the websocket connection as is from the witness_node you'll get spammed with loads of object updates that you have no interest in. Your best bet would be to implement a data layer that would filter the objects coming from the witness node and then only send out updates to items that actually interest you.

For some reason on every new block the 2.4.33 or 2.4.34 objects get pushed from the witness_node, and it's a HUGE object containing feed data for every single asset. If you can filter out that you should be fine...

Ok, so I'm not crazy, this is good stuff :)
Do you guys have any code examples of how we might implement these filters so we can keep data usage at a bare minimum? Thanx!

edit: i'm thinkin that in part this is also a reason why the responsiveness seems sluggish to me. the footprint is massive with all these objects you mentioned getting processed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:46:29 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline svk

Question: Ok, so it has come to my attention that the mobile app will suck up over 400MB if left open for 20+ minutes, this is not good. The nice thing is that this is a real-time wallet, no refresh is needed- Watch the block number in the bottom right corner. When someone sends you some money it shows up in the normal 3 seconds. Thing is, that real-time connection is sucking up my data plan! This friday (2 more days) I will be uploading the alpha 9 release and it has the 3 minute auto-close feature working. That will help *limit* data usage, but leaving your mobile wallet open for even 3 minutes might STILL suck up around 60MB grrrr - anybody have any idea why the socket is eating so much data? Is it downloading a frign movie or something? wtf

If you're using the websocket connection as is from the witness_node you'll get spammed with loads of object updates that you have no interest in. Your best bet would be to implement a data layer that would filter the objects coming from the witness node and then only send out updates to items that actually interest you.

For some reason on every new block the 2.4.33 or 2.4.34 objects get pushed from the witness_node, and it's a HUGE object containing feed data for every single asset. If you can filter out that you should be fine...

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I will be uploading the alpha 9 release of the mobile wallet by this friday. Tons of UI stuff, qr code fixes are done now, making some tweaks to the send screen too, to allow for ideas that i had the odoo team add into the pos systems. "Overdraft Protection" will have to come in v1.1 or v1.2 as it was just too much code to cram into v1.0.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yvv

• View Profile
You invest into obits more than into your own project. This looks irrational.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
If Chris and I are putting our personal money on the line too, it sets an example.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@kenCode
Are you going to release the source code for you mobile wallet?
(sorry if this question has already been answered)

Mornin @jakub - yep, I upload it to my github page. Will do another upload of everything this friday after the alpha 9 build.
https://github.com/kenCode-de/bitshares-wallet
www.PalmPay.chat

jakub

@kenCode
Are you going to release the source code for you mobile wallet?
(sorry if this question has already been answered)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Friday's update: I hired an additional dev "Igor" to assist with the mobile wallets. Getting him up to speed since wednesday, so it pushed the mobile wallets alpha 9 release back by about 3 days. I will get alpha 9 out next week though. Adding this additional dev however now allows me to diversify our team a bit more and get more stuff built even faster than before.

oh, and Smartcoins POS is still on track for March. 8)
www.PalmPay.chat