Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 105365 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
This just in:

Code: [Select]

From Apple
11.17 - Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions
Program License Agreement

-----------------------------------------------
Hello,

We are writing to let you know the results of your appeal for your app, BitShares wallet.

The App Review Board evaluated your app and determined that the original rejection feedback was partially accurate.

Your app is no longer in violation of PLA 2.3.

However, your app is still in violation of:

11.17: Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions

The app facilitates the transmission of a BitShares, which is not approved for the App Store.

Additionally, the following issue was discovered during our evaluation:

2.9: Apps that are “beta”, “demo”, “trial”, or “test” versions will be rejected

The app claims to be in beta. Please remove all references to "beta" from your binary. If you would like to conduct a beta trial for your app, you may wish to review the TestFlight Beta Testing Guide. A screenshot has been attached for your reference.

We hope you will consider making the necessary changes to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines and will resubmit your revised binary.

Best regards,
Erin
App Review Board

I am replying to her now with another friendly inquiry. We will remove the word beta from the bottom left corner of the wallet screen if they allow the word BitShares to be used. Let's see... (for the record, this is fukn ridiculous IMO grrrrrrrr)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

When it comes to getting approved by Apple, you might consider trying to bill your app more as a Bitcoin app than anything else.  Also, why do you need to mention encryption?  I would avoid that.

It's too late for that now since they have already read our app description, but when I originally researched all the other crypto apps in their store, a good majority of them mention how their funds are encrypted, so that can't be it. Their comment that states "approved virtual currencies" and the ERN and CCATS crap though is what really pisses me off. Our Smartcoins POS systems (above) are all native to iOS and Android as well, so is Apple going to deny all of those apps we are producing now too? wtf
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I just received som BAD news for iOS users. The BitShares Wallet for iOS was denied by Apple.

They denied it because (apparently) it transmits a "virtual currency" that is not approved for the App Store. Secondly, they will not allow our app because it uses encryption to which they do not hold the keys (at least guess this is what they are trying to say).

Anybody have any idea what we should do next? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

From Apple
11.17 - Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions
11.17 Details

Your app facilitates the transmission of a virtual currency that is not approved for the App Store.

Next Steps

We encourage you to review your app concept and incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

PLA 2.3

Additionally, we found that your Application Description states:

"Secured by the encrypted, fraud-proof BitShares blockchain."

However, your app does not have Export Compliance, which does not comply with the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Section 2.3 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement specifies,

"You certify that (i) none of the Licensed Applications contains, uses or supports any data encryption or cryptographic functions; or (ii) in the event that any Licensed Application contains, uses or supports any such data encryption or cryptographic functionality, You will, upon request, provide Apple with a PDF copy of Your Encryption Registration Number (ERN), or export classification ruling (CCATS) issued by the United States Commerce Department, Bureau of Industry and Security and PDF copies of appropriate authorizations from other countries that mandate import authorizations for that Licensed Application, as required."

Please review your app's encryption ability, and when resubmitting your binary, check the appropriate answers to the questions in the Export Compliance section of iTunes Connect. You may be asked some follow-on questions to determine the level of encryption in your app; you may also be asked to provide a copy of your CCATS.

If you have questions related to export compliance and your app's use of encryption, please contact the App Store Export Compliance team at appstore.ec[member=3065]apple[/member].com.

Ken,

I'm kind of confused by this.  Did your team read the terms of service prior to working on the iOS App?  Getting bitcoin wallets on iOS has been extremely difficult for the last several years and I wouldn't expect a bitshares app to be any easier.  Granted coinbase got their app on iOS, but i'm sure they followed the terms.  There are some other wallets as well on iOS, so maybe ask Apple why they were allowed in.

If they did it, and our technology in essence works the exact same way (encryption, blockchains, wallet transfers the tokens, etc) then why would they deny us? Yes, it might be difficult for them, but they must have said something or done something to help Apple to see the light.

I have contacted Apple directly via their Appeal process with that exact inquiry. A friendly message just asking what else we should do to get published in the App store just like all the other Bitcoin wallets out there. I will keep posting my progress with them here on the forum..

When it comes to getting approved by Apple, you might consider trying to bill your app more as a Bitcoin app than anything else.  Also, why do you need to mention encryption?  I would avoid that.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Smartcoins POS beta1 now complete, but lots of UI to do still. Overdraft Protection in the BitShares Wallet is working great now (allows your wallet to draw from a pre-defined alternate balance if you do not have enough to cover your bill at the cash register). Rewards Card (loyalty points) feature is working great now too (the merchant can automatically reward their customers with their own token which can be redeemed (partial, or in full) upon the customers next visit). The callbacks are working great (and in under 3 seconds!) so the moment you receive your eReceipt from the merchant and approve the payment, the POS system verifies your payment and you're on your way. That's faster and safer than using cash!

We will probably be happy with the UI within the next 2 weeks, and then we can quickly do the same fluffy stuff to the Odoo POS system as well (it's also in beta1, but just needs some beautification).

The Smartcoins POS systems allow a merchant of any size to accept nearly any cryptocurrency (even the price-stable market-pegged Smartcoins themselves) at ZERO cost. All a merchant needs to do is install the free app into their existing POS system and they are ready to roll.

a 1 minute video showing the flow of the Smartcoins POS standalone system:
https://youtu.be/EV7BGBKwDIw
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
The GETGEMZ team got an IOS app, and they send bitcoin and GEMZ!

They should be our template.  Maybe we can contact them or ask them.
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I just received som BAD news for iOS users. The BitShares Wallet for iOS was denied by Apple.

They denied it because (apparently) it transmits a "virtual currency" that is not approved for the App Store. Secondly, they will not allow our app because it uses encryption to which they do not hold the keys (at least guess this is what they are trying to say).

From Apple
11.17 Details

Your app facilitates the transmission of a virtual currency that is not approved for the App Store.

Next Steps

We encourage you to review your app concept and incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

PLA 2.3

However, your app does not have Export Compliance, which does not comply with the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

"You certify that (i) none of the Licensed Applications contains, uses or supports any data encryption or cryptographic functions; or (ii) in the event that any Licensed Application contains, uses or supports any such data encryption or cryptographic functionality, You will, upon request, provide Apple with a PDF copy of Your Encryption Registration Number (ERN), or export classification ruling (CCATS) issued by the United States Commerce Department, Bureau of Industry and Security and PDF copies of appropriate authorizations from other countries that mandate import authorizations for that Licensed Application, as required."

Please review your app's encryption ability, and when resubmitting your binary, check the appropriate answers to the questions in the Export Compliance section of iTunes Connect. You may be asked some follow-on questions to determine the level of encryption in your app; you may also be asked to provide a copy of your CCATS.

If you have questions related to export compliance and your app's use of encryption, please contact the App Store Export Compliance team at appstore.ec[member=3065]apple[/member].com.

Ken,

I'm kind of confused by this.  Did your team read the terms of service prior to working on the iOS App?  Getting bitcoin wallets on iOS has been extremely difficult for the last several years and I wouldn't expect a bitshares app to be any easier.  Granted coinbase got their app on iOS, but i'm sure they followed the terms.  There are some other wallets as well on iOS, so maybe ask Apple why they were allowed in.

If they did it, and our technology in essence works the exact same way (encryption, blockchains, wallet transfers the tokens, etc) then why would they deny us? Yes, it might be difficult for them, but they must have said something or done something to help Apple to see the light.

I have contacted Apple directly via their Appeal process with that exact inquiry. A friendly message just asking what else we should do to get published in the App store just like all the other Bitcoin wallets out there. I will keep posting my progress with them here on the forum..
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile

From Apple
11.17 Details

Next Steps

PLA 2.3

Ken,

lol, my opinion of apple had gone up with the whole apple vs fbi ordeal, it's plummeted right back down after reading this.

-5%

Offline Pheonike

Coinbase has relationships with banks and regulators.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

From Apple
11.17 Details

Next Steps

PLA 2.3

Ken,

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

From Apple
11.17 Details

Next Steps

PLA 2.3

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Wow, we will have 31 people it looks like at our 2nd public demo of Smartcoins POS at Wayra Academy tomorrow:
http://www.meetup.com/BitShares-Munich/events/230288716/
plus:
http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Munich/events/230075526/ (the same meetup was posted in 2 diff groups)

RSVP if you can join us! :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We have been invited by the Bitcoin community to present the Smartcoins POS at the Wayra Academy this wednesday at 2100 with Rodrigo Crespo (works with BitShares Munich). Chris will be presenting simultaneously at another location across town. Come out and see us!
http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Munich/events/230075526/
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Our public demo of the Smartcoins POS standalone system (at our Meetup a few nights ago) went really well. The Bitcoin transactions ran a bit slow, but that is understandable.

Here are some screen shots from the latest alpha release (not available for public download yet):

Rewards Card (loyalty points) features are working great, and we just finished the Overdraft Protection feature in the mobile wallets today too.
I might release a v1.0.2 to google play next week sometime with these things as they appear to be running quite well all around. I will release the full-on v1.1 shortly thereafter after I feel comfortable with it's integration with all of the Smartcoins POS features. I've crammed a LOT in there and don't want to rush it. I will also upload a couple more videos next week so you guys can see the flow.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline efundz1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: efundz1
looking forward to continued updates on the android wallet, having created an account I am unable to do much with it at present, but its understandable