Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 103803 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
If there is only one account in wallet, just hide the "from" label and selection?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
While It is nice having the option to send from multiple accounts, I think it should be an op in option in the settings menu rather than the default. Again this is to save on actual day to day transaction time.
Think DoughWallet (Dogecoin wallet) on IOS, where its simplicity was literally its killer feature!

Putting the accounts you have created into that nice slim field with the little down area.. I don't think it can get any cleaner than that. Having multiple accounts was a highly requested feature, so using that little down area for something so major keeps it nice and simple IMO. I couldn't think of a better place to keep your access to those accounts other than in a select menu like that. Having to leave the app and go into the settings screen just to switch accounts seemed like it might tick some people off.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline maemon

• View Profile
While It is nice having the option to send from multiple accounts, I think it should be an op in option in the settings menu rather than the default. Again this is to save on actual day to day transaction time.
Think DoughWallet (Dogecoin wallet) on IOS, where its simplicity was literally its killer feature!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Maybe I'm missing something obvious...but why is there a "From" field on the send screen?

Because this new wallet will let you import and/create multiple accounts.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok, I gave up trying. It can't import my wallet. Each time I ask to import wallet file, nothing happens.

The mobile wallet will import the bin file that it created, or your brainkey that it created.
It will not import account data from any other wallet yet.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
The new (android-native) Smartcoins Wallet will be done by June 1st. The most complex screen is the send screen since it has to support merchants who have issued you some of their loyalty points (their uia), plus the backup asset (overdraft protection) and the ability to instantly cash out one of your other assets if you want to hold on to the currency that the merchant is requiring from you. Anyway, here is the basic layout of that screen:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious...but why is there a "From" field on the send screen?

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Ok, I gave up trying. It can't import my wallet. Each time I ask to import wallet file, nothing happens.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The new (android-native) Smartcoins Wallet will be done by June 1st. The most complex screen is the send screen since it has to support merchants who have issued you some of their loyalty points (their uia), plus the backup asset (overdraft protection) and the ability to instantly cash out one of your other assets if you want to hold on to the currency that the merchant is requiring from you. Anyway, here is the basic layout of that screen:
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Oh, is mine like this cause I have an older version of the app? (got it from the playstore)
While I do agree that further research has to be conducted regarding fingerprint scanning, having to enter a 6 digit pin every time you have to pay for something is definitely not ideal for the end user.
BTW when's the standalone POS app getting released? :)

Aaah, yes I was talking about the new Smartcoins Wallet v1.0 we will be releasing on or before June 1st. I totally agree with you on the annoying PIN entry too, gonna get that fix into BitShares Wallet v1.1.

The Smartcoins POS standalone app will be released on or before June 1st as well. Thanx for trying our stuff out and providing the feedback! :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline onceuponatime

Ken's latest info is now on steemit.com       

https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@kenCode/smartcoins-pos-the-free-way-for-companies-to-accept-crypto-currencies

Offline maemon

• View Profile
@kenCode

Oh, is mine like this cause I have an older version of the app? (got it from the playstore)
While I do agree that further research has to be conducted regarding fingerprint scanning, having to enter a 6 digit pin every time you have to pay for something is definitely not ideal for the end user.
BTW when's the standalone POS app getting released? :)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Hey Ken, great work!

As a potential user, I think there are 3 main features which are a must.
The first is the ability to request or 'recieve' User Issued Asset, currently, it only shows option to request BTS, USD, CNY & EUR.
The second feature is the ability to set a default asset you would like to request (with support for UIA) So you dont have to toggle it every time.
The third feature is the ability to use your finger print instead of a pin for ease of use; I understand there may be some security concern, so it might be an opt in feature rather than a deault option.

Looking forward to the full release, good luck!
Thanks.

Thanx for the kind words @maemon :)

Ability to req or recv UIA's is already built-in, along with every Smartcoin and BTS core too.

Setting default asset, inluding UIA's and even a backup asset (in case you run out of the primary) is built-in too.

Finger-print.. We won't put that in there just yet, gotta research it's ramifications a bit more, BUT, it's funny you mentioned that though, I have been whining a lot lately about all the damn logins I have to remember for the many digital tools that I use these days. So, whether it be fingerprint scanning, or voice, or draw-patterns (my preference) rest assured, it will be considered for a future version.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline maemon

• View Profile
Hey Ken, great work!

As a potential user, I think there are 3 main features which are a must.
The first is the ability to request or 'recieve' User Issued Asset, currently, it only shows option to request BTS, USD, CNY & EUR.
The second feature is the ability to set a default asset you would like to request (with support for UIA) So you dont have to toggle it every time.
The third feature is the ability to use your finger print instead of a pin for ease of use; I understand there may be some security concern, so it might be an opt in feature rather than a deault option.

Looking forward to the full release, good luck!
Thanks.