Author Topic: Block Explorer and Delegates Listing  (Read 48242 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I have the last version v0.4.17 but on delegates page it stills mentions an older version. (I have refreshed the page several times,reloaded, but same results)

http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/delegates
http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/delegates/delegate?name=delegate.liondani

Offline svk

Recent updates:

In case you missed it, I recently added a graph to the home page showing the price of BTSX vs USD with 15 and 30-day moving averages. The price is from Coinmarketcap, meaning it's a weighted average over the exchanges they track. You can also find a bigger version of this graph under the Charts tab, where there's also a BTC version. A reminder: you can click on the legend to enable/disable series.

I also updated the version handling logic, it will now distinguish between release candidates and official versions.

I also updated the block view to correctly handle asset transfers, up until now all transfers were counted as BTSX which was obviously incorrect, you'll now see the correct units and values for transfers.

I've had to remove the fee information due it being removed from the block info RPC API, will try to get it back but it's become a bit more complicated due to the addition of fees payable using assets, so will need to add some logic on the backend I think.

Latencies are removed temporarily due to the server finding itself on a fork last night, I'll put them back tomorrow evening I reckon.

Finally, I've received my first donations to the site, so thanks very much to the donors!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

The client on the website server stopped syncing almost immediately after I went to bed, must've gotten on a fork somehow. It's back up now, sorry about that.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
It seems like the site stopped syncing..
@svk?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Feature request: graph showing current and historic market peg deviation. If BitAssets are pegging well, we should be able to see it clearly, and these graphs could be great marketing tools.

Thank you svk for all your great work!

Offline svk

Just notice on the assets page the the bid/ask column titles seem backwards. If i'm selling wouldn't i be asking and if I am buying wouldn't I be bidding?

I agree it feels strange but I'm just using the terminology from the client. Since I've flipped the market I guess I should invert the asks and bids too, will have a look later to see what makes sense.

Offline svk

on personal delegate pages the client versions field are on red squares saying:  "to old" even if they are running on the latest client version. pls fix  ;)

Looks fine from my computer at work, can you try again pls?

same problem! please check "my" link for example:
http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates/delegate?name=delegate.liondani

look down to the left:
"Client version:Too old: v0.4.17-RC2"

Yea I noticed this as well this morning, I need to update the logic slightly for that page, will do it once I get home.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
on personal delegate pages the client versions field are on red squares saying:  "to old" even if they are running on the latest client version. pls fix  ;)

Looks fine from my computer at work, can you try again pls?

same problem! please check "my" link for example:
http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates/delegate?name=delegate.liondani

look down to the left:
"Client version:Too old: v0.4.17-RC2"

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
*agreed*
I want to code small script this evening to figure out which of the delegates do not publish feeds and announce a down-vote request

Offline Markus

• View Profile
What about making the squares "orange" if we have 25-50 valid feeds?

on http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets
Good idea :)
Once most assets are trading I think I would change the colour coding to 0-50 red, 51-55? orange, 56+ green.
A market with 51 feeds is far from being in a good state - it is at the brink of disaster :)

Offline Pheonike

Just notice on the assets page the the bid/ask column titles seem backwards. If i'm selling wouldn't i be asking and if I am buying wouldn't I be bidding?

Offline svk

feature request: list number of published feeds for all delegates and the list of published feeds with prices for a specified delegate.

It is kind of lame that some delegates do not follow their duty to publish feeds .. only 66 delegates published for bitUSD ?!?
even my charity delegates are now publishing feeds payed by delegate.xeroc just to keep the running market running ..

Yea I wanted to do this as well, and have had other requests for it already, but there's an issue with the client and the api call to get feeds. It's fine if you want to just get feeds for one delegate, but the performance of the call is poor enough that it freezes the client if you try to batch chain it. Vikram pushed some fixes and I'll have a look with the v0.4.17 client to see if it works better now.

I could implement it on my own database as well actually since I already have all the feeds, will check if that's a better way of doing it!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
feature request: list number of published feeds for all delegates and the list of published feeds with prices for a specified delegate.

It is kind of lame that some delegates do not follow their duty to publish feeds .. only 66 delegates published for bitUSD ?!?
even my charity delegates are now publishing feeds payed by delegate.xeroc just to keep the running market running ..

Offline svk

Ooops, I left some debugging code in the block view, so it's spitting out a json string with some block data, please ignore it, I'll remove it once I get home!  :-[

Offline svk

I just saw the latency updated on the Delegate page. IMO this should be removed, as perhaps it unfairly shows Chinese/ROW (rest of world) delegates as having high latencies. Latency will vary depending on where your server is setup.

To be more fair, you could setup servers on opposite sides of the world and use the lowest latency figures provided from both servers, but this may be unrealistic I don't know.

Good work with everything else though, the website is coming along nicely. :)
I think rather than remove we should figure out what figure of latency is acceptable and flag green everything below that mark.  I made people miss blocks when my latency was -17 seconds so I'd assume anything over that should definitely be red.  Not sure how big the number has to be to mess up block production for the guy before or after you though.

Edit: Forgot to say thank you for continuing to work on and improve the site.  It's a great asset to have as a delegate and I check it all the time, thanks!

Yea I set the color codings based on the averages I was seeing, with no real info on what's acceptable or not. I'll relax the criteria and probably change the three latency calculations on the delegate page to include fewer blocks, 10 and 25 blocks maybe rather than 50 and 100, will play around a bit with it.