Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 896984 times)

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile
Pro tip: If any software developer promises delivery in 2 months, expect 4. 8 months? Expect 16.
Add extra cushion for degree of difficulty.

I agree, but the TS dev eam shouldve maybe tried to be a bit more realistic with their announcements.  They suffer from planning fallacy pretty bad it seems. 
Ethereum managed to be only like 6 months late, but Bitshares is closer to a year late on promises now. :P

Still, it just shows you how hard what we are doing is, and how difficult it will be for anyone else to copy it and compete.

This depends on your perception, I believe.

Project coordinators dream about having software developers with the work ethic, foresight and ability to continuously re-examine the current status of their product half as good as this team has demonstrated. What you don't want is developers without ambition, because that is all you're asking for with a more "realistic" and longer estimated development time.

This is the part of the calculation that must be done on the investor end (this is also the part that newmine is using to abuse those with less experience).

As far as I am concerned, and as someone who has been around everyday since the beginning (this is not meant to be said as holier-than-thou, merely that I have been around from the original promises to today - everyday), BTSX launch + immediate repairs = delivered product. What we are seeing with 2.0 is an extra and improved build on the original which has been had for mere scraps of dilution.

Whatever promises each investing individual were most valuing and counting on are also not clear - the fact that they are not set in stone is one of the most positive aspects of Bitshares and bytemaster's leadership. Bitshares has swerved and pivoted when new information became available. This development has been a continuous evolution, if bytemaster had been so hard headed as to stick to the initial day 1 plans, it's very possible this project would be all but dead and everybody's investment would be much closer to zero.

As far as I am concerned, Ethereum has not yet launched.

Can you imagine the backlash bytemaster and team would have received merely suggesting an "official" launch without a GUI?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Pro tip: If any software developer promises delivery in 2 months, expect 4. 8 months? Expect 16.

I agree, but the TS dev eam shouldve maybe tried to be a bit more realistic with their announcements.  They suffer from planning fallacy pretty bad it seems. 
Ethereum managed to be only like 6 months late, but Bitshares is closer to a year late on promises now. :P

Still, it just shows you how hard what we are doing is, and how difficult it will be for anyone else to copy it and compete.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
If BTS ever gets back to 2 cents, I will make a big thread thanking NewMine for fudding enough people out of Bitshares to get it down this low and let me buy cheap shares. :P
If last November, Bitshares had gone to the moon, I would have made a bit of money.  If it does it now though, I'll make a ton.  I probably have more than 10x as many BTS now as I did back then.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline montpelerin

• View Profile
I really don't get it...Who on earth is selling BTS at these prices? How is that even possible..
I can partially understand selling btc due to the whole confusion with XT maybe but why whould someone sell BTS now? I mean even CNX never comes out how is it possible that BTS is valued so low? We have a working platform with various bitassets and yet BTS is falling..I simply don't get this..

It really is preservation of capital.

With the stock markets dropping 5-10% in a day and bitcoin losing 30% in a few weeks, people are preserving capital and exiting the risky "investments" because fear is high.

Couple that with the complete uncertainty of Cryptonomex future alignments, aka the bank talk, and you have a recipe for stagnation. Let's also not forget about all the broken promises, failed deadlines, unusable current product and hints of grandiose things that never came to. People are rightfully skeptical and price has definitely reflected that.

There really is no mystery why.  There have been other good ideas by companies who were better run that failed too. Timing, marketing, competition are all categories that could cause failure and Bitshares whatever is failing with all three and more.

You could've just said "typical software development".

What is very unfortunate about the small holders that have been spooked by people like you (especially you) is that most of them have most probably never been involved in a software development project before and don't understand that these kind of delays are not only completely normal, but should be expected and planned for.

How many crypto decentralized exchanges had been built before Bitshares?
Yeah.

What's more interesting about Bitshares is that there actually exists a functioning client and blockchain that has been operating for over a year (with a functioning GUI  :o !!!) - and is about to release with a rewritten, more functional and streamlined version within the next 2-3 months (any somewhat experienced investor should not flinch if it were to take longer). The funny thing here is that you are probably the single most responsible one here at shaking out the weak hands (ie - making the poor, poorer and the rich, richer)

But keep at it, by all means - Mr. Numine - you have certainly helped people like me obtain far more BTS than I would have thought possible last year at this time. What you have been doing might be very good for you and the people that can easily see through you, but you are hurting those that can't - and you know what you are doing.

I just can't believe so many here let you slide with it until now.

It's one thing to take advantage of personal knowledge for personal gain - it's completely different to bait those lacking knowledge with FUD.

Monty

;)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
And why is that? Been here the whole time barely posting and this thing has dropped like Skylab.

You just confirmed your role on this forum one more time.  :)

The end of the upturn or downturn?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I really don't get it...Who on earth is selling BTS at these prices? How is that even possible..
I can partially understand selling btc due to the whole confusion with XT maybe but why whould someone sell BTS now? I mean even CNX never comes out how is it possible that BTS is valued so low? We have a working platform with various bitassets and yet BTS is falling..I simply don't get this..

It really is preservation of capital.

With the stock markets dropping 5-10% in a day and bitcoin losing 30% in a few weeks, people are preserving capital and exiting the risky "investments" because fear is high.

Couple that with the complete uncertainty of Cryptonomex future alignments, aka the bank talk, and you have a recipe for stagnation. Let's also not forget about all the broken promises, failed deadlines, unusable current product and hints of grandiose things that never came to. People are rightfully skeptical and price has definitely reflected that.

There really is no mystery why.  There have been other good ideas by companies who were better run that failed too. Timing, marketing, competition are all categories that could cause failure and Bitshares whatever is failing with all three and more.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
almost all people think BTS share holders want the price up, it's wrong very much.
there are some people, they have many  many BTS, but all these BTS is not belong to themself,  in fact they owe much BTS.
I told many times, we must withdraw the BTS from exchange which refuse to  prove they have 100% backup.
but it's not work, more and more BTS have borrowed to these bad people, and the price have to  drop  continue.
I am waiting the bubble bomb. I think this will happen when BTS2.0  release.

Any entity that actually owed a bunch of BTS to others isnt a shareholder, they would be short.

Are you referring to btc38?  At lest we know that their cold wallet address has a lot of BTS in it.

A ton of volume has left btc38 and moved to poloniex.  I believe polo is overtaking them and becoming the #1 BTS exchange.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

The platform right now isnt working for many people.  I cant get the client to sync right now, for example.

We really need 2.0 to solve all the client issues and give us a usable product.    But its going to happen, they are pretty close and have already shown us what its going to be like.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
It would be interesting to see data on short interest at poloniex.  Poloniex now has 43% of total volume for bts.

It was really high earlier this week but has gone back down now.  You cant get exact numbers but you can tell in general if many poeple are shorting or not based on what the loan rate is.

chryspano

And why is that? Been here the whole time barely posting and this thing has dropped like Skylab.

You just confirmed your role on this forum one more time.  :)

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
It would be interesting to see data on short interest at poloniex.  Poloniex now has 43% of total volume for bts. 

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
almost all people think BTS share holders want the price up, it's wrong very much.
there are some people, they have many  many BTS, but all these BTS is not belong to themself,  in fact they owe much BTS.
I told many times, we must withdraw the BTS from exchange which refuse to  prove they have 100% backup.
but it's not work, more and more BTS have borrowed to these bad people, and the price have to  drop  continue.
I am waiting the bubble bomb. I think this will happen when BTS2.0  release.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
maybe cryptsy is dumping "their" sharedropped BTS

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

my wild guess...

[EDIT] I have a feeling that Newmine will make his appearance very soon...  :D