Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887421 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

CNY market cap is getting torched currently... This plus the decline in the BTS price looks like some larger holders are leaving the ecosystem

With the chaos going on around the world, people will take notice of BitShares.  It seems to get glanced over by the crypto crowd however once real traders try it out, watch out.

-War on cash worldwide, see India as the latest example
-Crazy volatility in FX markets
-Volatility in the metals markets

The list goes on and on.

How are they going to notice what they never heard of?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
CNY market cap is getting torched currently... This plus the decline in the BTS price looks like some larger holders are leaving the ecosystem

With the chaos going on around the world, people will take notice of BitShares.  It seems to get glanced over by the crypto crowd however once real traders try it out, watch out.

-War on cash worldwide, see India as the latest example
-Crazy volatility in FX markets
-Volatility in the metals markets

The list goes on and on.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline yvv

• View Profile
So when does the November 5th "super" halving price jump kick in....??

It's cyber monday discount, last hours, enjoy LOL

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
So when does the November 5th "super" halving price jump kick in....??

Offline mr-whitekey

Prices being low is only a good thing if they are low compared to reasonable future value of BTS. I see nothing that has changed regarding the fundamental value of BTS. The are some possibilities like block pay and this new debit card that Stan was talking about, but with low volume on both and both still being speculative in their own right that only compounds the risk of BTS.

Basically we have the success of a speculative asset riding on the success several more speculative ventures.

My thoughts are, yes, it is a great time to buy, if you are convinced that either block pay or this new debit card feature Stan referred to will ultimately succeeded.

However, we still have a massive leadership deficit and has prevented me from buying more... When I see the kind of leadership that other projects have from peerplays to blockpay it makes me increasingly wonder if I have misallocated my capital in this project. I first came to bitshares about a year ago and instantly saw its potential with the Dex and pegged assets. I still believe that potential and am not so impatient that I expect returns in one year, but I do except a dedicated leadership with ideas and vision. The lack of this is probably the single largest aspect that tells me to sell much of my stake and move on...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
IsnĀ“t it a good time to buy again? The prices are super low right now, perfect timing.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline DestBest

sidewaaaysss... booorrrinnnnggg
^This

But projects are continuing development nonetheless  ;D
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
sidewaaaysss... booorrrinnnnggg

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Bitshares major offering is definitely the BAE (bitshares asset exchange). It's amazing to see the number of orders and volume has gone up by 10x in the past year, but the market cap is almost exactly the same.
http://cryptofresh.com/charts
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares/#charts
The market cap of bitCNY, bitUSD, and especially bitEUR has massively increased making the supply of BTS shrink by ~2.5x the increase in those market caps. Plus the supply increase is about to go to almost zero on Nov. 5.

The only unfortunate thing for bitshares and crypto in general is that bitcoin, the most trusted cryptocurrency is about to implode with those tiny ridiculous blocks and insane blocktime. When bitcoin becomes ineffective it damages the entire ecosystem, at least short-term.

Inflation usually lags about 10 years in major economies. In 2008 the USA majicked (printed) trillions of dollars to bail-out the banks and save the auto industry in the US. Soon they will start to feel the beginning of the massive inflation they caused. I predict wild USD inflation by 2018 inducing a crypto-revolution where established, reliable, useful coins and the bitshares BAE will be central to restoring security and function in the world economy.

So I guess you could say I'm holding.

All signs point to going up.  However after constantly monitoring the troll box on OpenLedger, people who do not grasp the concept in 5 minutes tend to shy away from it.  They are supposed to release a simplified GUI which should significantly help user retention.

No reason to sell at these prices, lets see where it goes after the 5th of November.

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
Bitshares major offering is definitely the BAE (bitshares asset exchange). It's amazing to see the number of orders and volume has gone up by 10x in the past year, but the market cap is almost exactly the same.
http://cryptofresh.com/charts
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares/#charts
The market cap of bitCNY, bitUSD, and especially bitEUR has massively increased making the supply of BTS shrink by ~2.5x the increase in those market caps. Plus the supply increase is about to go to almost zero on Nov. 5.

The only unfortunate thing for bitshares and crypto in general is that bitcoin, the most trusted cryptocurrency is about to implode with those tiny ridiculous blocks and insane blocktime. When bitcoin becomes ineffective it damages the entire ecosystem, at least short-term.

Inflation usually lags about 10 years in major economies. In 2008 the USA majicked (printed) trillions of dollars to bail-out the banks and save the auto industry in the US. Soon they will start to feel the beginning of the massive inflation they caused. I predict wild USD inflation by 2018 inducing a crypto-revolution where established, reliable, useful coins and the bitshares BAE will be central to restoring security and function in the world economy.

So I guess you could say I'm holding.

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
I agree 100%, i think the vesting period ending will not cause a massive surge in pricing but i am looking for a slow increase pretty much the reverse of the last 2 years; let not underestimate the impact this has cause. it is literally 20% of the total supply that has been trickling in over a long period and once the trend is historically down why would the people receiving these 'free' shares hold for a longer term when they could sell now and use profits to by in later wehn the trend is more favourable.

I also think this negative trend has stopped a lot of would be investors/users looking at the platform in detail as why would they want to own  something that goes down in value 95% of the time, i think once the trend changes direction we will also have people more willing to look into the platform as they are doing their due diligence on a platform they are looking to invest in. once the 'Bitshares is awesome' message come from more than the small percentage of diehards we have here and people start hearing the same message from multiple people; the diehards and the people that recognised the value early will be very well placed :).

Offline mr-whitekey

The vesting period ends in two and 1/2 weeks. I have my doubts about this actually causing a significant price rise, seems to me far too little volume. However, it could help a slow and steady increase. As I assume most ppl still holding are the long term diehards who will not sell very easily, and there is just enough new exposure to overtake those who will sell still.

What is the general feelings of the ppl here?

Offline mr-whitekey

The worker system has its strengths. It allows shareholders to vote out a worker that is underperforming, which is an important feature.  I'm not sure that I would want to see it changed with any sort of lock-in.

The current method of funds dispersal is for the proper amount of BTS to be created each day that the worker is voted in. See http://cryptofresh.com/workers for details on the current worker situation.
I respect your perspective as you have actually done a proposal. I still have my intuitions... Would you leave the process as is or do you have another way to address the uncertainty created?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Chronos

The worker system has its strengths. It allows shareholders to vote out a worker that is underperforming, which is an important feature.  I'm not sure that I would want to see it changed with any sort of lock-in.

The current method of funds dispersal is for the proper amount of BTS to be created each day that the worker is voted in. See http://cryptofresh.com/workers for details on the current worker situation.