Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887130 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile

Bitshares has the tools, but in needs:

a) to become friendlier to users
b) market itself
c) people to stop hoarding tons and use it

a) Bitshares people are the friendliest crypto-community I have experienced.
b) Setup a Meetup group in your local town. Use local coffee shops, libraries etc for your monthly meetings. Look at http://meetup.com/bithares-munich as an example. You can have co-organizers too so your friends can help create meetings so the burden is not totally on you. Tell them about OpenLedger, BlockPay, Stealth, C-IPFS support in graphene (the one chain that is actually scalable), our mobile apps, Echo and all the privacy tools we are releasing, our prediction market, decentralized governance and voting system, 3-second transactions, the list goes on and on.
c) "use it" can come with BlockPay, and trading with friends using the mobile wallet at local Meetups :)

a) absolutly - i meant the product we are producing, not the people, i didn't mean the people =)
b) I was one of the first people in Russia years back to do so (from pts time) ))) I still, am. Grafene is what I push on daily basis. Im am the Golos community manager project too (its grafene based)
c) of course, I think your app is one of the greates things to happen to grafene. Its user friendly, and this kind of things is what we need
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

b) market itself

a) Bitshares people are the friendliest crypto-community I have experienced.
b) Setup a Meetup group in your local town. Use local coffee shops, libraries etc for your monthly meetings. Look at http://meetup.com/bithares-munich as an example. You can have co-organizers too so your friends can help create meetings so the burden is not totally on you. Tell them about OpenLedger, BlockPay, Stealth, C-IPFS support in graphene (the one chain that is actually scalable), our mobile apps, Echo and all the privacy tools we are releasing, our prediction market, decentralized governance and voting system, 3-second transactions, the list goes on and on.
c) "use it" can come with BlockPay, and trading with friends using the mobile wallet at local Meetups :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
The problem is much smaller than most think. The other day I was talking with a guy on a meeting. The guy needs a platfrom for his community with an economy.

And he is obssesed with wingz cause they know how to sell. They sold him a load of bull promises.

b) market itself
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline EstefanTT

Maybe we need a person who understand very well BTS and have extensive knowledge around how to build up momentum and traccion, create relationship, partnership and so on. That person would be paid through the worker proposal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline mr-whitekey

In the last three months:

Ethereum is down 44%
Bitshares down 33%
Steem down 71%
Ethereum Classic down 44%
Litecoin down 11%
Monero down 46%
Dash down 22%
Augur down 72%
NEM Down 41%
Waves up 43%
Bitcoin up 25%
(by no means a comprehensive list, but good indicators)

We can see that by no means is this down trend unique to Bitshares in the short run (last three months). Long run chart trends are important for sure, but the current slump is almost exclusively an exodus to Bitcoin which received about 2.5 billion in capital in the last three months. It is reasonable to trade and invest based on your thoughts on this trend continuing or not at the moment most other factors are taking a back seat.

Peerplays bucked that trend and is up significantly in the last 3 months. :)

Just say'en.
Yeah, I own peerplays and love hearing about your updates on beyond bitcoin. I like the slow and steady pace to it too. Big reason why i think your project has such a massive chance of succeeding is that there is a group of core competent people willing to sacrifice time and energy to make it happen. Thx. That is the big problem with "decentralized corporations" they have no person(s) directly responsible for their success.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Ethereum is down 44%
Bitshares down 33%
Steem down 71%
Litecoin down 11%
Monero down 46%
Dash down 22%
Augur down 72%
NEM Down 41%
Waves up 43%
Bitcoin up 25%

We can see that by no means is this down trend unique to Bitshares in the short run (last three months). Long run chart trends are important for sure, but the current slump is almost exclusively an exodus to Bitcoin which received about 2.5 billion in capital in the last three months. It is reasonable to trade and invest based on your thoughts on this trend continuing or not at the moment most other factors are taking a back seat.

Peerplays bucked that trend and is up significantly in the last 3 months. :)

Just say'en.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmX2VzsB25s

but really can be done by individuals p2p all arround the world, trusted comunitty sellers, u know fractional reserve of chinesse exchanges take us here, they chup chup lot of the profit from bitshares investors. And also stealh not work if need to send money from your bank to buy bts. And its good thing community start to win money.

i saw local bitshares proyect in the past but dont know what happened with, i think is more simple just an official web list trusted bts sellers by country, and official conditions for big sells up 100 $ take few days send money buy btc to buy bts to give to him. with that everybody can pop up as zone-trader.

At the end Bitshares needs comercials all arround the world. Because find and understand bitshares for non crypto people its very very hard but if i go to the bar, shop, videogame or whatever bussiness you can offer to launch his bussines on a wallstreet based game explaining the way to take financiaton from his customers to upgrade his bussiness, or just to play with them with points to later offer something for points, and sametime give service of bts gateway p2p to him,,,, its easy and fast bussiness looks like.

BTS price is ridiculous just now, you can launch an asset for cents,,,, and can ask for 100 euros or whatever so easy to shop or bar

can make a bussines line for bts commercials rise all over.

personal feeling that this is very much better that keep centraliced in a manipulable selling point, and same time give advantage to open ledger and other comunitty gateways.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
they all love the idea however have issues getting money in/out of the system. 

Bingo!
I see this as one of the biggest issues that Bitshares has right now. On and off ramps to and from fiat currencies. "Gateways".

I want to help the project, but I have no technical abilities at the moment.

You don't need any "technical abilities" to contact exchanges CONSTANTLY and talk about the reasons why they should at least support the core BTS and top 3 smartcoins.

A.B.C.
Tell them about OpenLedger, BlockPay, Stealth, C-IPFS support in graphene (the one chain that is actually scalable), our mobile apps, Echo and all the privacy tools we are releasing, our prediction market, decentralized governance and voting system, 3-second transactions, the list goes on and on. Email them, call them, skype them... Again and again and again and again. If even 10% of the people in this community would do that we would see gateways galore imo. Get a YES out of them. Motion creates emotion! The squeeky wheel gets the grease, so BE RELENTLESS.

There is no such thing as a "no sale" call.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X3p42GaM5I
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mr-whitekey

Ethereum is down 44%
Bitshares down 33%
Steem down 71%
Litecoin down 11%
Monero down 46%
Dash down 22%
Augur down 72%
NEM Down 41%
Waves up 43%
Bitcoin up 25%

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
CNY market cap is getting torched currently... This plus the decline in the BTS price looks like some larger holders are leaving the ecosystem

With the chaos going on around the world, people will take notice of BitShares.  It seems to get glanced over by the crypto crowd however once real traders try it out, watch out.

-War on cash worldwide, see India as the latest example
-Crazy volatility in FX markets
-Volatility in the metals markets

The list goes on and on.

How are they going to notice what they never heard of?

We all want crypto to take over the world tomorrow however this will take time.  As Stan has been saying, one brick at a time.

As I explain BitShares to not only trader friends however also people that can see the light of day with the current economy, they all love the idea however have issues getting money in/out of the system.  Some of these are being tackled however look at what just happened with Coinbase.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
CNY market cap is getting torched currently... This plus the decline in the BTS price looks like some larger holders are leaving the ecosystem

With the chaos going on around the world, people will take notice of BitShares.  It seems to get glanced over by the crypto crowd however once real traders try it out, watch out.

-War on cash worldwide, see India as the latest example
-Crazy volatility in FX markets
-Volatility in the metals markets

The list goes on and on.

liquidity, usabilty/understandibility, and ease of access all trump the reasons you have listed above.  Bitshares has severely lacked in every one of those critical features.

If the only reason to own bitshares is in case of a world wide financial meltdown or to skirt government oversite, I think "to the moon" will be delayed decades.  Or quantum computers will be out and bts's encryption will be worthless.

Also, volatility in the metals and FX markets is only extreme when looking at it over the last couple years.  Historically it is fairly muted, along with most other market vol.

Offline EstefanTT

Maybe a worker proposal to explain and promote actively BitShares in the crypto community could have good results.
The problem is that kind of job is complicated to mesure in term of effectiveness.

Offline mr-whitekey

There are plenty of examples of superior technology not taking root, enough that we can not just say "once they notice us it will be inevitable...". We have already had out chance to just let the market discover us, if we do not make it happen then this project will not succeed. It is a business at the end of the day and business succeeded because they market and plan how to propagate their "superior technology".

I want to help the project, but I have no technical abilities at the moment. Nor do we have a plan in place to systematically promote this platform, thus it does not make sense for me to go out as a lone wolf and promote the platform as alone I will ackomplish very little...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline EstefanTT

I agree, BitShares has already a very good product. Our market cap (and thus our budget to move forward) is very low because nobody knows about us, about the technology, about the long term point of view.

When we have a new user coming in the chat, a person who understand more or less what is BitShares, after getting it, they usually convert an important part of their porfolio in BTS.
If the entire crypto community would know what BitShares is already capable of, we would see a huge change.
Our major problem is the the lack and missinformation around BitShares.