Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 886998 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
It is because how it works. You can speak with someone live, but not see all his replies. What you see on the screen, it's not what he see. History doesn't load either. It creates parallel worlds which makes it useless.

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Trollbox counter display users connected to you, not traders. This is p2p chat and works very bad. It is useless and make false impression that DEX is ghost town. I hate it, i have disabled it.
Anyway there is no chat in the trollbox.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Trollbox counter display users connected to you, not traders. This is p2p chat and works very bad. It is useless and make false impression that DEX is ghost town. I hate it, i have disabled it.

Offline valtr

• View Profile

No one got a comment on that?

If I didn't know any better........I'd say the price is going up.

:D

Now is this money just part of the Alt-Coin bubble that is happening right now, or will these funds actually move to the DEX and start buy smartcoins and UIAs???
I can not judge if it is a bubble or not, but what seems to me important is that trading volume on the DEX is all time high.
The rise in price is accompanied by volume and looking at trollbox there are 168 users just now.
Probably much more than usually (but I have no historical data about users on the DEX)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Now is this money just part of the Alt-Coin bubble that is happening right now, or will these funds actually move to the DEX and start buy smartcoins and UIAs???

Offline Thom

Be careful what you ask for :)

Dead center of that graph should be an arrow at Oct. 15th that says, "We built it but they DIDN'T come"  Approx. 1 year of work that is still yet to "catch on" almost 2 years after it was conceived.

Rant on-->
There are no quick fixes. Bytemaster had the vision, got the tools 90% finished and then moved on just to survive, since they didn't come to eat up his work. That last 10% is mighty important. What good is a "perfect" backend if nobody knows about it or uses it?

The backend is foundational, but Steem and BitShares needs a vision and leadership on the frontend now to drive adoption and orchestrate a marketing campaign. Ideally such a visionary should be on the team and growing along with the backend, but that has never been part of Bytemaster's vision and budget. I hope he learns from lessons in BitShares & Steem, but I'm not confident he will.

Bytemaster is a genius coder and system architect, but he needs a symbiotic partner with similar genius / leadership on the frontend and marketing. If he finds such a person and they share a strong bond on foundational, philosophical principles, lookout moon, lookout Mars - shit such a combo would take their products beyond the galaxy!   

Bytemaster is not alone in his lack of focus and consideration of marketing, most crypto projects get started by people focused on the tech, like programmers & nerds. They see what's possible from a tech perspective, get all excited and go off and start coding with only a loose or vague idea who they're building their gee whiz tech for.

Take Steem for example. How much effort went into deeply studying the blogging market? Were any market research firms hired or statistically valid surveys conducted to make sure development builds what people want to use?
<--Rant off

Whenever a graph covering the entire price history of BitShares is shown I can't help but reflect broadly. Asking for comments on such a chart invites discussion on almost anything, as BitShares is a dynamic project with many changes over its lifetime. BTSX in 2014 is not the same as BTS in 2015, 2016 and 2017 because the crypto context also evolves, and the project is finally beginning to evaluate and consider how it fits into that greater context.

Has the project done anything significant that can be considered the cause of the most recent rise in BTS price, or is the real cause due to the context in which BitShares exists? I am pretty confident in saying context is the dominant influence.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:25:52 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline virtualgrowth

I think that once we reintroduce interest/profit-sharing for MPA/UIA we'll see a significant increase in Bitshare's value.

I agree!
iWkjpAW7TLIHr0vO

Offline R

• View Profile
I think that once we reintroduce interest/profit-sharing for MPA/UIA we'll see a significant increase in Bitshare's value.

Offline Thom

It just makes me so mad that that market cap is less than Ardor. Which doesn't even EXIST! It's a token with a promise and ZERO users and no advantage over bitshares, which is well established and doing >$100k in volume over a decentralized exchange.

The only advantage Ardor might have is the secure messaging system. Which BTS could easily do. Echo will cover this right?

You can send secure messages through bitshares, just write your message in the transaction memo and send a micro transaction.

@svk, this seems like a fairly easy thing to implement, to send a msg this way to any account, hard code the transaction fee to the minimum set by committee (just display the cost to user).

Easy to do, useful, not so much? How often are messages passed like JonnyBitcoin described?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
It just makes me so mad that that market cap is less than Ardor. Which doesn't even EXIST! It's a token with a promise and ZERO users and no advantage over bitshares, which is well established and doing >$100k in volume over a decentralized exchange.

The only advantage Ardor might have is the secure messaging system. Which BTS could easily do. Echo will cover this right?

You can send secure messages through bitshares, just write your message in the transaction memo and send a micro transaction.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk