Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Important Criticism  (Read 5271 times)

Offline valzav

• View Profile
Re: Important Criticism
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »
I like iDEX too  +5%

jakub

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »
Yes, iDEX makes a lot of sense. For me it's the best proposal so far. Short, smart, simple and sharp.
Also the name UNIQUE sounds good.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:12:08 PM by jakub »

Offline bobmaloney

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 08:40:04 PM »
There are a lot of organizations using "idex", but iDEX does sound and look impressive.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline BunkerChain Labs

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2015, 09:06:50 PM »
Child of Zidex meets my approval also.. for the same 9 reasons :) .. iDEX .. now we must see if it is accepted by the great ones.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | World's First Decentralized Tournament Platform Built Entirely on the Blockchain!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2015, 06:11:38 AM »
What about iDEM ? Identity (or internet) Decentralized Money.

I think we should have an "M" for once and start treating crypto as "money" by definition and not "coins". Coins sound cheap and something you want to collect. Money sounds real, something you want to have and use..

IDEM sounds also like edem which is nice..

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2015, 06:31:15 AM »
I agree about the need to change the name...
what about...

unique

I like it....alot.

It could always be called veriblocks or veribits as well.  I actually think at this point that as much as people hate the "bit" prefix, it really is powerful to use especially with people who are learning about bitcoin and wanting in on the action.  Why? Association between bitcoin...bitshares...veribits are all easier for less blockchain savvy users and investors to associate with one another as, say, bitcoin, graphene and unique.  I sometimes think people in these forums forget just how far ahead of the curve they ALL are on this tech, so they tend to forget that we have to slow it down and take baby steps toward moving the masses into these ecosystems.

@data.  Bitsoul is where it's at...all. the. Way.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:36:10 AM by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2015, 09:10:33 AM »
Been waiting for that thread :)

Regarding the identabit.com website:

1. In the sliding pictures at the top:

- "A serious solution to an extraordinary opportunity" -> does that make sense? might be some fancy marketing language but there are no solutions to opportunities. Noted

- "The first identity based, decentralized identity based currency" ->  Should probably say: "The first identity based, decentralized currency" Noted

2. Almost at the bottom in the security section:

- You say: "Vulnerability to theft (high) / (low)". There was a quick reasoning with the other ratings. This seems a little unfounded to me.

Nice work  ;) , at this stage we are not disclosing how this achieved but we promise we have a unique method for preventing theft

Seems like the German forum forces got your back ;)

hi thank you for your constructive comments...details in bold

Noted indicates we will address.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:39:37 PM by underwun »
There's a reason for everything and if there isn't there should be...

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2015, 12:32:41 PM »
Hi Folks

Re the name:

There was and still is good reason for the name. Whilst I am not shutting down the discussion I am asking that you refer to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDPgdB9Ftm6TOOTPhk2ZzFQLMP2chYRXZsDo6nGWPEE/edit#heading=h.mmll6e7809dr
 and comment on the reasoning presented, please don't mistakenly think the name was casual decision, the name, the logo, the color, the long game strategy for related brands, they were all contributors towards an intended business objective.

Re the ID in IDentabit, I agree that the capital D is an issue, the issue arises from the D drowning the adjacent I and hence we are left with Dentabit, sounds like a mouth guard doesn't it :-)

I have a meeting with some marketing folk this week and I will see what they say and I'll let you know, but I'd like to say thank you for the effort made debating the name and confirming a concern.

We all have our ways, it happens I am a strategic guy and consequently I am very thoughtful before making a decision, consequently I don't toss things into the ring because I am undecided. I do so to listen to opinions to ensure we haven't missed something.

I feel strongly that we all feel best when people are direct and consistent...I will do my best to be that way.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:35:24 PM by underwun »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
Hi Folks

Re the name:

There was and still is good reason for the name. Whilst I am not shutting down the discussion I am asking that you refer to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDPgdB9Ftm6TOOTPhk2ZzFQLMP2chYRXZsDo6nGWPEE/edit#heading=h.mmll6e7809dr
 and comment on the reasoning presented, please don't mistakenly think the name was casual decision, the name, the logo, the color, the long game strategy for related brands, they were all contributors towards an intended business objective.

Re the ID in IDentabit, I agree that the capital D is an issue, the issue arises from the D drowning the adjacent I and hence we are left with Dentabit, sounds like a mouth guard doesn't it :-)

I have a meeting with some marketing folk this week and I will see what they say and I'll let you know, but I'd like to say thank you for the effort made debating the name and confirming a concern.

We all have our ways, it happens I am a strategic guy and consequently I am very thoughtful before making a decision, consequently I don't toss things into the ring because I am undecided. I do so to listen to opinions to ensure we haven't missed something.

I feel strongly that we all feel best when people are direct and consistent...I will do my best to be that way.
+5%

Have you thought about a launching strategy like below (in chronological order). Circle, Ethereum and 21 were launched like that and they all got a ton of attention.

1. The coming soon stage: Puts out a name and the corporate identity (graphics) and the names and partners that are behind the project, maybe with a countdown to launch at some point.
[...building the excitement]
2. Putting out the website about as it is atm with the reasoning behind the project.
[...building the excitement]
3. Randomly / Over time putting out screen shots, controversial Media Articles, announcement of new partnerships.
3. Launching the blockchain along with the first use case / customer / bank integrating it (if possible) plus at the same time announcing the Remitabit project again with an emotional message of assisting the poorest. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:18:40 PM by delulo »

Offline bitder

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2015, 02:20:56 PM »
Underwun,

It's obvious that a lot of thought and energy has gone into this venture. Good job!
You've identified an unmet business need/opportunity and have set out to address it with IDentabit. This already sets it apart from 99% of the other crypto projects. (Your business savy and experience is showing through...)

I did notice a couple of typos on the identabit.com website
  • In the Efficiency section: "Comparable block confirmation 600 > seconds" should be > 600 seconds
  • In the Issuance Efficiency section: "Block confirmation 600+ mins seconds rigid" should be 600+ seconds

Excited to see this project drive mass adoption.
wallet_account_set_approval delegate.bitder 1

Offline BunkerChain Labs

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »
Hi Folks

Re the name:

+5% ... Thanks for the response.. this could have gone on for another week. :)

It's good to take this feedback to them.. I know that everything was well planned out ahead of time.

This is how things go in a forum.. with a click everyone has an opinion.. and that gives you some good data to work from. Just doesn't always make for good business decisions at times. :)

Keep up the good work!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | World's First Decentralized Tournament Platform Built Entirely on the Blockchain!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mint chocolate chip

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2015, 02:31:26 PM »
Having memorableness the name is not. It has not stuck in my head at all despite typing it a few times... for the average Joe a long and complicated word is not something to exert energy trying to remember. Plus difficult words are mispelled regularly, making it even harder for a consumer to get to the correct website.

Looks like you are trying to hard to pick a name that will connect with your other name(s) of your planned businesses.

The website is written in British English, which since your Aussie makes sense, but I am not sure which version of English is preferred for a worldwide audience.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:14:20 PM by Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! »

Offline emailtooaj

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »
I like this project and think it has potential. The one thing that seems unprofessional to me is the name itself. I would suggest using a naming service like http://www.namebase.com (there are many others). I would also recommend staying away from any and all cliches like "bit" for example. I would opt for a name that has nothing to do with cryptocurrency. Example: Ethereum, Ripple, Stellar, Graphene. These are all great names.

I'm not a big fan of the name either. Mainly because you will have a hard time to seem serious with French speakers.

I don't know how to make this comment and don't sound like a retarded teenager but ...

iIdentabit pronounce itself the same way as " i dans ta bite " which you can translate  from french by " i in your dick "

The equivalent thing would be like naming a french company something like "inyordik"

Any other french speakers over here who find the name no very suited for french pronunciation ?

Hahaha :)

But that's where they install the microchips! :P

Perhaps a naming schema in Esperanto would land a safe wording worldwide? :)

I already started on this naming thing in the last thread.. Something to do with badge I think would work great on a lot of levels. It fits in with something people understand.. it has poential for people to really build a personalized something out of it.. and saying 'what is your badgeID' or whatever it ends up being is universally understood.

Again.. my 2 brownie.pts.
I seriously like the Esperanto idea! Check this http://www.esperanto-panorama.net/vortaro/eoen.htm
Mono means money. Suggestions:
MonoID
IDMono
IdentMono
MonoIdent

IDMono even sounds like "the money".

Any problems with that Estaffan?  :D

I was going through this dictionary and found something that really resonated with me.

difini  =  define
 /diˈfini/
as in define yourself/itself.

Just throw an "i" in front of this and you'll get a pretty good name scheme... iDifini
You'll retain the "I.D." connection,
It's easy to pronounce though it's 4 syllables long,
and it also seems to lend to some "catchy" tag lines... " To securely privatize your public ID... iDifini" , "Have you iDifini?", "iDifini if any!"
 :D

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

sumantso

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2015, 07:03:36 PM »
The website is written in British English, which since your Aussie makes sense, but I am not sure which version of English is preferred for a worldwide audience.

I personally prefer British English, and subconsciously have a better impression when someone uses it flawlessly.

Offline underwun

• Life Matters
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2015, 09:28:42 PM »
I like this project and think it has potential. The one thing that seems unprofessional to me is the name itself. I would suggest using a naming service like http://www.namebase.com (there are many others). I would also recommend staying away from any and all cliches like "bit" for example. I would opt for a name that has nothing to do with cryptocurrency. Example: Ethereum, Ripple, Stellar, Graphene. These are all great names.

I'm not a big fan of the name either. Mainly because you will have a hard time to seem serious with French speakers.

I don't know how to make this comment and don't sound like a retarded teenager but ...

iIdentabit pronounce itself the same way as " i dans ta bite " which you can translate  from french by " i in your dick "

The equivalent thing would be like naming a french company something like "inyordik"

Any other french speakers over here who find the name no very suited for french pronunciation ?

Hahaha :)

But that's where they install the microchips! :P

Perhaps a naming schema in Esperanto would land a safe wording worldwide? :)

I already started on this naming thing in the last thread.. Something to do with badge I think would work great on a lot of levels. It fits in with something people understand.. it has poential for people to really build a personalized something out of it.. and saying 'what is your badgeID' or whatever it ends up being is universally understood.

Again.. my 2 brownie.pts.
I seriously like the Esperanto idea! Check this http://www.esperanto-panorama.net/vortaro/eoen.htm
Mono means money. Suggestions:
MonoID
IDMono
IdentMono
MonoIdent

IDMono even sounds like "the money".

Any problems with that Estaffan?  :D

I was going through this dictionary and found something that really resonated with me.

difini  =  define
 /diˈfini/
as in define yourself/itself.

Just throw an "i" in front of this and you'll get a pretty good name scheme... iDifini
You'll retain the "I.D." connection,
It's easy to pronounce though it's 4 syllables long,
and it also seems to lend to some "catchy" tag lines... " To securely privatize your public ID... iDifini" , "Have you iDifini?", "iDifini if any!"
 :D

Hi :-)

As suggested if you could take a look at our reasoning and blend your recommendations into the broader objectives please. I'm all for differing opinions but it the attached document I have explained related objectives and constructive comments be inclusive of the bigger picture.

So please take a look at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDPgdB9Ftm6TOOTPhk2ZzFQLMP2chYRXZsDo6nGWPEE/edit#heading=h.mmll6e7809dr where your thoughts are most welcome.

Many thanks, have a great weekend.

Google+