Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 105294 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
That website is not ours, it belongs to aptoide.com and we have no way to fix it.
Their android app is sure nice though.

On a positive note, I hope to also get our apps published in a few of these other stores in the coming weeks too:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/android-app-stores/

edit: added digitaltrends link
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:40:11 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The BitShares Wallet is now live in these App Stores: Google Play, Apple App Store, and Windows Phone Store are in progress, they just need to approve the app before they will publish it for download from there, but at least we are now on F-Droid and Aptoide so far..

when I go to https://bitsharesmunich.store.aptoide.com/account/login
I get this annoying message:

please fix ASAP!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The BitShares Wallet is now live in these App Stores: Google Play, Apple App Store, and Windows Phone Store are in progress, they just need to approve the app before they will publish it for download from there, but at least we are now on F-Droid and Aptoide so far..
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Great job to kencode and his team. I'm new in the forum and I've been following the development of Bitshares Wallet & POS. This will bring Bitshares to another level.  I'm from Montreal (Canada) and I'm planning to start a Bitshares meetup group here in 2 weeks.  I found  that some stores, small businesses and not for profit organization have Odoo and at times request volunteers at universities to help customize or develop some features using python.  I'will be getting in contact with those organization and share the idea of Smartcoins/Crypto payment and get them discover BitShares POS .
 This is very exciting! Bitshares platform brings solutions to small businesses.   As ByteMaster use to say, it's not about trading, it's about solving real issues small businesses and in people face daily.  This is were Bitshares protocol wins.  I've gone through it for a while and get to know how businesses can quickly build on it (small business, start-up, NGO, cooperatives etc.). Bitshares blockchain with UIA and Reward base system are well align with cooperative laws here in Quebec. More than 60% of Canadian Co-op companies are base in Quebec province and I'm looking forward to develop strong relationships that would bring some in Bitshares BlockChain.
Great work guys!

Hi @pam2 and welcome to BitShares! :)

BitShares Montreal sounds awesome!!! Here are a couple others that are now forming:
http://bitshares.meetup.com - These may give you an idea of how to set yours up. I have a graphics guy that could make your header graphic for the page too if you like, no charge, just let me know.

Thanx for the compliment on the mobile wallet. It is a start, but I have a lot on the roadmap for it over the coming weeks.

As for the Smartcoins POS for Odoo, that is another one of our projects (it is still being funded via the OPENPOS token that you will see in the dex). Odoo is a great Point Of Sale system and we are working on milestone 3 of 5 right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOYG408ohg&index=6&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

If you ever have questions about any BitShares products, you can also skype or telegram me at:
kenCode_de

Thanx so much pam2 and again, Welcome!

Thks Kencode, will keep u inform on how things are moving. Will also get some OPENPOS to support the project.

Thanx so much pam2 much appreciated :)
You'll see the OPENPOS token in the wallet trade screens (the "dex") in 4 different markets:
OPENPOS : USD
OPENPOS : BTS
OPENPOS : CNY
OPENPOS : BTC
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline pam2

• View Profile

Great job to kencode and his team. I'm new in the forum and I've been following the development of Bitshares Wallet & POS. This will bring Bitshares to another level.  I'm from Montreal (Canada) and I'm planning to start a Bitshares meetup group here in 2 weeks.  I found  that some stores, small businesses and not for profit organization have Odoo and at times request volunteers at universities to help customize or develop some features using python.  I'will be getting in contact with those organization and share the idea of Smartcoins/Crypto payment and get them discover BitShares POS .
 This is very exciting! Bitshares platform brings solutions to small businesses.   As ByteMaster use to say, it's not about trading, it's about solving real issues small businesses and in people face daily.  This is were Bitshares protocol wins.  I've gone through it for a while and get to know how businesses can quickly build on it (small business, start-up, NGO, cooperatives etc.). Bitshares blockchain with UIA and Reward base system are well align with cooperative laws here in Quebec. More than 60% of Canadian Co-op companies are base in Quebec province and I'm looking forward to develop strong relationships that would bring some in Bitshares BlockChain.
Great work guys!

BitShares Montreal sounds awesome!!! Here are a couple others that are now forming:
http://bitshares.meetup.com - These may give you an idea of how to set yours up. I have a graphics guy that could make your header graphic for the page too if you like, no charge, just let me know.

Thanx for the compliment on the mobile wallet. It is a start, but I have a lot on the roadmap for it over the coming weeks.

As for the Smartcoins POS for Odoo, that is another one of our projects (it is still being funded via the OPENPOS token that you will see in the dex). Odoo is a great Point Of Sale system and we are working on milestone 3 of 5 right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOYG408ohg&index=6&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

If you ever have questions about any BitShares products, you can also skype or telegram me at:
kenCode_de

Thks Kencode, will keep u inform on how things are moving. Will also get some OPENPOS to support the project.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

chryspano

We also need to get those block sizes down so the wallet will speed up. Right now it's slow as shit and bugs the hell out of me.

wait, how, no...
It is the 100,000 tps network  working at 0.0001tps

0,36 transactions per hour??

no... this is just fud

Yes, I fully agree!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Is there a way to confirm the software on Google play is the right one, Made by you? At the moment there is only one but in the future other similar wallets with malicious code could appear. Recently polo had an app there but it was a fake one

Also, on the portuguese translation. Smartcoins is plural, it can be "aceites", bitcoin is singular and should be "aceite" instead of "aceites"

Well, we are going to link to the app from our website, plus in the app storedescription itself we will link toourwebsite. Thank u for the help with the Portuguese too! :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Is there a way to confirm the software on Google play is the right one, Made by you? At the moment there is only one but in the future other similar wallets with malicious code could appear. Recently polo had an app there but it was a fake one

Also, on the portuguese translation. Smartcoins is plural, it can be "aceites", bitcoin is singular and should be "aceite" instead of "aceites"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:28:16 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Great work guys!

kenCode_de

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline pam2

• View Profile
THIS IS IT!!
This is the official beta of the BitShares Wallet for Android. I am going to leave the word "beta" on here even though we have not had a single problem with it, even across all the alpha releases, just minor UI stuff which we cleaned up.

I created my AppleID today and enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, paid the 99€ so that we can upload the wallet and get it to the masses (IN 22 LANGUAGES TOO!). I hear it can take a couple of months for them to approve new apps for their app stores but nonetheless, you will now see the BitShares Wallet in the google play, apple, windows and f-droid app stores very soon.

This is the final version that you will see for a while. All of the alphas have worked great, no losses or bugs have been found (but of course only keep funds in a wallet that you can afford to lose). Nonetheless, I think you'll like it, we have not had a single issue.
What's next?
v1.1 will come in a few weeks. We are going to try to improve reading of the (very dense) QR codes, implement a callback feature so that the POS systems are notified the moment a payment is received, implement Rewards Card functionality with the POS systems, the new Overdraft Protection feature will be implemented (in case you don't have enough funds, you can set the wallet to auto-draw from other balances (thanks to Blocktrades!)) and a few more translations, etc.
v1.2 will give you the ability to set preferred API Connection (wss) in App Settings, allow upsizing your account to LTM, and run MUCH faster (right now each block is around 200K I think, eating cpu and bandwidth).

If funds allow (please support the OPENPOS token!)...
v2.0 will implement the Finder screen, local trading, maps api, Meetups api, etc.
v3.0 will implement the basic Exchange screen (will probably use highcharts or metatrader style for mobile)

Please spread the word, this is it!!

Distribute the file, link to it, email it to your friends overseas, Tweet it, host a local Meetup... IT'S TIME!! :D

Great work guys!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline jernau

• View Profile
PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We also need to get those block sizes down so the wallet will speed up. Right now it's slow as shit and bugs the hell out of me.

wait, how, no...
no... this is just fud.

I can't remember which core dev told me that, but it's true. Each block is around 200K. That is a lot of bandwidth needed and cpu power to process each of them. BM himself said it was a known issue and it's already on github somewhere too, so they are working on it.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

wait, how, no...
no... this is just fud.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.