Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 105316 times)

Offline konelectric

$106 bar bill, good times. Can't wait to try try the iPhone app.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ken, can you upload binaries to Github, like those in https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/releases ?

I have asked the crew to upload absolutely everything to github once we release v1.1.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Last one to go is windows mobile, any updates?

I wish we could have done windows mobile too, but the problems with Apache Cordova and Phonegap are now very apparent. The code is totally open source like I want, so I encourage people to copy it and make it better: https://github.com/kenCode-de/bitshares-wallet

Now that we have a working mobile wallet for both of the main platforms I am pouring all of my energy into the different POS systems now. BM has stated that building liquidity is high priority, so with these free apps available to merchants as either a standalone system or an integrated system such as Odoo (to be released in another week or so), this will definitely give people thousands of places to spend their Smartcoins and altcoins (such as btc, ltc, doge, etc).

I will also have stealth features built into the wallets with the v1.2 release. Oh and v1.1 is due in a week or so.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline ncinic

• View Profile

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Here's some screenshots of the iPhone version 1.0.1 and a HUGE thanx and shout out for Maurits (@mauritso) who helped us get it out of the alpha releases!

..and soon Smartcoins POS:

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I think we got our first iPhone beta released this morning. Maurits is testing out the ipa file right now and should have a report for me on it by monday or tuesday. Our Apple account is just waiting for the file, so should be any day now we have an iOS release. Tomas is getting the github page all squared away this weekend too, we have like 5 projects being posted there right now from different teams. Oh yeah, I should have another video ready for you guys by this evening, demonstrating the new qr code reading, callbacks to the POS systems, Overdraft Protection, faster UI, and the Rewards Card features integrated with both the mobile wallets and POS systems.

edit: we'll have the next video uploaded monday night. the weather is REALLY nice this weekend, gotta get away from the screens for a bit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:14:05 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Cool Ken, so safe to say the slowness issue should be resolved around early April?

No promises, but with the witness spamming too much data issue fixed soon, and with the slightly improved qr code reading (my ultimate goal is to get it under 1 second, but those version 10 qr codes are fukn dense man so it's very hard to "speed" up a camera and it's underlying scanner software) , and the barebones ui it should certainly help. As soon as I can grab some more gains from a BTS pump, I am starting immediately on a second mobile wallet too, all material design principles in it, which will run native on iOS (high priority) and droids.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Cool Ken, so safe to say the slowness issue should be resolved around early April?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx @pam2 - just be forewarned, the mobile wallet is REEEEALLY slow right now. In v1.1 it should be at least double that speed though, so we are well aware of the speed issues and huge amount of data that it uses right now (so use wifi when using the mobile wallet). After the upcoming hardfork I will release v1.1 about a week after that.

@karnal - F-Droid *should* build the 1.0.1 version now "within the next 72 hours" and make it available for download.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline pam2

• View Profile
Rewards card functionality is now done, it works in v1.1 of the mobile wallet, the standalone pos and also Odoo POS. This way when you buy something at a store with your mobile wallet, the merchant can automatically send you some of their chosen/created UIA to reward you based on your purchases at that store. The merchant can also set how much to send, how much can be redeemed and even set amounts that you have to spend to qualify for certain rewards.

Lots of UI work being worked on right now.

The core code for mobile wallet Overdraft Protection is now done too. It allows your wallet to draw from your other desired balances should you not have enough to pay when you are being billed at a store. This will also be released with mobile wallet v1.1 in a few weeks (i know i know i said a couple weeks but I keep cramming more stuff into v1.1, i figured what the hell we might as well make the update worthwhile for as many people as possible).

The ability to spend more than 999 of a given asset or coin has also been fixed.

We have also doubled the speed of QR code reading, as it's taking like 10 seconds right now which will never work at any POS. I think once that "Witness spamming too much data" issue on github is fixed too, that will dramatically speed up the mobile wallets as well, cut down on cpu and bandwidth usage etc.

Wow!  +5% +5% +5%
Together with OpenLedger, PeerTracks & Identabit; our POS project is one of Bitshare's Horsemen in the Decentralize Economy. Next week I will be joining a crypto-enthusiast meetup here at in Montreal (Bitcoin Embassy). BitShares is in agenda. Will demo our DEX & Mobile Wallet. Just need to make work on my phone. Last week I got my first Bitshares meetup at Bitcoin Embassy with 6 crypto-enthusiats. They were really surprise to hear about Bitshares and all the projects going on.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Outstanding Ken. Looking forward for when fdroid updates and give this a test spin again +5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Rewards card functionality is now done, it works in v1.1 of the mobile wallet, the standalone pos and also Odoo POS. This way when you buy something at a store with your mobile wallet, the merchant can automatically send you some of their chosen/created UIA to reward you based on your purchases at that store. The merchant can also set how much to send, how much can be redeemed and even set amounts that you have to spend to qualify for certain rewards.

Lots of UI work being worked on right now.

The core code for mobile wallet Overdraft Protection is now done too. It allows your wallet to draw from your other desired balances should you not have enough to pay when you are being billed at a store. This will also be released with mobile wallet v1.1 in a few weeks (i know i know i said a couple weeks but I keep cramming more stuff into v1.1, i figured what the hell we might as well make the update worthwhile for as many people as possible).

The ability to spend more than 999 of a given asset or coin has also been fixed.

We have also doubled the speed of QR code reading, as it's taking like 10 seconds right now which will never work at any POS. I think once that "Witness spamming too much data" issue on github is fixed too, that will dramatically speed up the mobile wallets as well, cut down on cpu and bandwidth usage etc.

@kenCode,

You are blowing me away with your productivity and innovation.  +1

What features of the blockchain did you use to implement this
... or is it all code in the app on the individual's phone or is some of it on your web server?

thanx guys

@Stan - all of it. check out my github, we will be committing a buncha more stuff over the coming week too (https://github.com/kenCode-de?tab=repositories). as for the code, everything is run locally so there is no server to trust. we got our new website ready for launch today too, but since it is in 44 languages i want to get a few of the translations finished up before i upload everything and redirect the dns to evennode.

Ken is the man!  I feel very confident investing in OPENPOS